Hollywood is Making a Live-Action ‘One Piece’ TV Show

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Yeah, as a long time One Piece fan (been watching it for damn near 20 years) this was great. Surpassed expectations...I' d probably give it a 9/10.

Casting was better than I could've imagined - The Straw Hats are all great, but Buggy and Mihawk in particular stole the show. Only casting I have an issue with is Ben Beckman (even though he's not a major character) and it's only because the actor looks :flabbynsick: compared to the manga character.

Really, my only issue is that Captain Kuro got a little too cheesy at times :russ:

They sure did give Garp/Koby/Helmeppo a lot of screentime in this, way more than they got in the early manga. I'm not mad tho.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I’m honestly surprised by how well this has been adapted.

If they’re doing future seasons, it is easy to fit 20-30 episodes of the anime in one hour because the anime has a ton of filler episodes…

I’m 100 episodes behind the anime in the Wano arc. So this is motivating me to catch up cause I know crazy shid is happening.

You don't know what you're in for, the final fights in Wano :wow:

Episode 1015 :wow: :wow: :wow:

KingDanz

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They didn't really showcasing Luffy strength though. Zoro looked way stronger than Luffy. In Anime he punched the Sea King and set this the tone of his strength

0zo47.jpg

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
I'm a proud One Piece hater and I really enjoyed this. The anime cringe went into overdrive in the last episode but they earned it. And the original theme drops were a great touch.

My biggest issue was how Koby looking so submissive and breedable. Isn't he a child? And what's that playing him?

Aslo why is Arlong throwing back a bottle of liquidz vibing to trap music....cuz the actor's Black?

This was alot more violent than its kiddish themes and they dropping F-bombs.:russ: who's the audience?

Probably in the top 3 anime adaptations ever. I can't believe we live in a universe where One Piece had a better live action adaptation Full Metal, DB and fukking Death Note:stopitslime:you One Piece cultist won't ever stfu now

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I've been hearing good things about this show, but considering how Netflix works, plus these strikes, I don't see how this is worth the time.

Even if this show gets 4-5 seasons, that's only what? No more than 2% of the One Piece story?

4-5 is what any show should get to tell a story (although I doubt this will last that long), like GoT this will have to breakaway from the manga at some point and do it's own thing in order to complete it's story

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Although i've known of the IP for what's gotta be a couple decades, i've never watched or read anything related to it... the anime just looked kinda stupid...

... but perhaps I was mistaken, because this Netflix show was incredible :ehh:

Goofy as fukk but a lot of charm to the characters and their backstories. And you could tell they put a lot of effort in the special effects and stunt work. The villains were fun and had a lot of charisma as well.

As for the main cast, my favorite character was Zoro. Luffy kinda reminds me of Gon from HxH, not a 1:1 but a lot of that idiot charm and heart. The actress playin Nami was great too, and is pretty as fukk. The cook was a nice addition at the end and plays well off Zoro. Usopp was a bit cringe-worthy ngl but hopefully as his character grows he'll be less of the cowardly comedic relief.

I'm in for a season 2.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought everyone was going to hate this :ohhh:

Never watched the anime because it's too many episodes and the manga isn't close to finishing. I might have to peep this.

Spiider

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
so this shyt has been going for 25 years and they still haven't found or even shown the "one piece?"
They haven’t shown the One Piece yet, but we at least know the name of the island where it’s hidden and how the main characters can find it

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Not even close, probably another decade of the story to tell :wow:
can't imagine americans having the patience for that. wonder what the series bible for this live action looks like. obviously can't do 30 years of live action, so i wonder what the grand plan is

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They didn't really showcasing Luffy strength though. Zoro looked way stronger than Luffy. In Anime he punched the Sea King and set this the tone of his strength

0zo47.jpg
This is my complaint. They really understated Luffy's monstrous strength being his main asset and the underpinning of his confidence. Live action Luffy is just stretchy.

Luffy stomped East Blue in the original version and wasn't an any trouble outside of almost drowning at Arlong park due to his own stupidity. This version had him almost die to Buggy and even struggled with some fodder marines