Hollywood is Making a Live-Action ‘One Piece’ TV Show

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
can't imagine americans having the patience for that. wonder what the series bible for this live action looks like. obviously can't do 30 years of live action, so i wonder what the grand plan is

I wouldn't be surprised if Oda has approved/penned a 5 season story just for the tv show

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I'm a proud One Piece hater and I really enjoyed this. The anime cringe went into overdrive in the last episode but they earned it. And the original theme drops were a great touch.

My biggest issue was how Koby looking so submissive and breedable. Isn't he a child? And what's that playing him?

Aslo why is Arlong throwing back a bottle of liquidz vibing to trap music....cuz the actor's Black?

This was alot more violent than its kiddish themes and they dropping F-bombs.:russ: who's the audience?

Probably in the top 3 anime adaptations ever. I can't believe we live in a universe where One Piece had a better live action adaptation Full Metal, DB and fukking Death Note:stopitslime:you One Piece cultist won't ever stfu now

You might as well give it up and join the One Piece fandom :umad: time to start the anime and/or manga

I'm not sure what your issue is with Koby, he's basically the same as he is in the manga, the entire point of his character was that he was a wimp at first. As far as age, in the manga he's like a year younger than Luffy, so like 16 (but looks younger). But he might be a little older in the live action since he's shown drinking.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
I've been hearing good things about this show, but considering how Netflix works, plus these strikes, I don't see how this is worth the time.

Even if this show gets 4-5 seasons, that's only what? No more than 2% of the One Piece story?
If they get 5 seasons, they can definitely get to Marineford.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Never watched the anime, but decided to check the show out. I didn't realize the whole world was about pirate crews :skip: or that it would be a bunch of colorful characters they would be fighting.

I will say the main character is likeable and he brings a good energy, that makes you believe people would wind up following him. Watched the first 4, but I like how his crew is coming together.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Finished One Piece on Netflix. Felt the series got better as it went along, and by the end I ended up liking everyone in the crew :ehh: . They all have a dream and tragic back story :mjcry:, but nailed the anime energy/emotion for the most part. Plus it was cool stepping into a world of colorful characters I wasn't familiar with.

The Grand Line :lupe:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Just got through the 1st 3 episodes. This has no right to be as good as this is but they really landed the vibe, the acting is great, the set pieces are terrific, the action is great. It actually feels more mature than the source material and I know some people complain it might cut too fast a pace but I get that it was a sacrifice they had to make since it's clear there will be a clear beginning and ending in X amount of episodes.

Color me impressed. :ehh:

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just got through the 1st 3 episodes. This has no right to be as good as this is but they really landed the vibe, the acting is great, the set pieces are terrific, the action is great. It actually feels more mature than the source material and I know some people complain it might cut too fast a pace but I get that it was a sacrifice they had to make since it's clear there will be a clear beginning and ending in X amount of episodes.

Color me impressed. :ehh:

Those with that complaint are silly, there is no way this show can be a 1:1 recreation of the source material, they have done the right thing with the direction.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps