Hollywood is Making a Live-Action ‘One Piece’ TV Show

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As much as I griped about this being made its actually....not a bad adaptation at all. And since it's adapting GOAT Piece then it automatically gets bumped up to quality entertainment. I actually like some of the liberties they took like putting Nami in Shells town.

I said this in a pic I seen from this earlier but the Luffy actor and much of the main cast did a great job picking up the vibe of the characters. Luffy is an oblivious kind of stupid with reckless optimism, Zoro is a nice brand of stoic, Koby wasn't enough of a bytch but got the point across. Etc. They didn't just capture the characters vibe but the overall vibe of the world too, how shyt can be janky/goofy yet dead serious about. (Buggy the clown played straight as a dangerous pirate as an example) Fight choreography was surprisingly dope as well.

Lots of Easter Eggs for the fans as well. I caught Binks Sake being played in Makino's bar during the Luffy flashback :wow: some love went into this.

Busted_Toes

Veteran
Daps
This is great, i'm 4 episodes in. Only thing that annoys me and i don't know if it's good acting or not but Koby is a bytch. He look trans.

Some of the casting for Shanks crew is :patrice:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
This is great, i'm 4 episodes in. Only thing that annoys me and i don't know if it's good acting or not but Koby is a bytch. He look trans.

Some of the casting for Shanks crew is :patrice:

Koby's actor is a trans man. He was the kid that activated the Naturom Demonto in Evil Dead Rise.

But yeah Koby is supposed to be a bytch he was a bigger one in the anime.

Busted_Toes

Veteran
Daps
Koby's actor is a trans man. He was the kid that activated the Naturom Demonto in Evil Dead Rise.

But yeah Koby is supposed to be a bytch he was a bigger one in the anime.
I knew something was up, he was looking feminine in the face. I've read all One Piece, Koby was a bytch but i'm not feeling the actor playing him.

Spiider

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I’m on episode 6 and it’s good so far. I think that this version of Usopp’s introduction arc was kind of weak, but I’ve liked everything else.

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
I was never into One Piece like that but I don’t think you could ask for much more when it comes to a live action adaptation.

Not everything is great. Too many closeups and the action is solid for the most part but could improve.

They nailed the casting and bringing the setting to life.

It’s probably not going to make it very far but it was a successful attempt :ehh:

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
Not a bad adaptation but some of the emotinal notes didn't hit like he anime i.e Arlong park walk. This could have used 12 episodes to flesh out the story some more or cut most of those Garp and Koby scenes that really didn't add much to the how in my opinion.

Last edited:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Never saw the anime but this live action show was very enjoyable.

Way better than Cowboy BeBop

I did not know Mackenyu Maeda (Zoro) was in Rurouni Kenshin (anime and live adaptation) and his dad was Sonny Chiba

And the Nami chick is 30 years old!

Wow, I didn't know this. Gonna look weird when it starts to show. Most of them about to push 30 too except Inaki (Luffy).

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Finished. :wow: 8/10 Some emotional moments kinda landed corny but netflix took one of the most insane anime out there and made a legit live action aadaptation. I'm definitely in for season 2.

Sanji's back story was the best flashback IMO. "Oregano is for savages!" :hhh:

:dead:

Last edited:

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Not a bad adaptation but some of the emotinal notes didn't hit like he anime i.e Arlong park walk. This could have used 12 episodes to flesh out the story some more or most of those Garp and Koby scenes that really didn't add much to the how in my opinion.
Yeah. In the anime, the East Blue arc was 44 episodes which is about 14 hours of material, and that was back when the pacing was actually good and they were adapting over 2 chapters an episode. So I think 10-12 eps would've been better

Busted_Toes

Veteran
Daps
Finished it, 7 or 8 out of 10. I enjoyed it. Koby was really fukking annoying.. like i was cringing with that stupid ass face he kept on making, get rid of that Harry Potter azz fukking character for Season 2. All the crew casting was A1. Probably going to watch again. I kept comparing to the manga, which i shouldn't of... when i think they did this for newcomers. Get rid of the Fish Eye Lens :stopitslime: . Also I didn't like the race switches, there was no need to make Nami sister Black or that fat guy in Shanks crew Black..

724924927d1c60f9cf870c3cef2f1c8d613e0683r1-413-356v2_uhq.jpg

17793275171584607962.jpg

:stopitslime:

Shanks crew looked trash btw.. Ben Beckman looked trash

The pacing was fast as fukk but i guess it had to be. Arlong & Fishmen :banderas: The Walk to Arlong Park didn't even happen :dwillhuh: All four of them just showed up at Arlong park and broke the door. Why didn't Luffy smash the Wall?!? :snoop: So many golden opportunities missed.

Last edited: