Hollywood is Making a Live-Action ‘One Piece’ TV Show

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
they need to expand the marines and world government past Garp and Kobe asap.

I enjoyed this as someone who is currently watching the anime for the first time.

Spiider

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Really enjoying this and I’ve never read any of the source material. Is there anywhere online to start reading it from the start? Preferably for free lol

they need to expand the marines and world government past Garp and Kobe asap.

I enjoyed this as someone who is currently watching the anime for the first time.
I don’t know how to do spoiler tags, but they teased this near the end of the show

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
8k37CWh.jpg

@Lootpack
@Gizmo_Duck
@Bryan Danielson
@Ziggy

:mjgrin:
Fam, OP is ridiculous in general. I was fine with this trailer. I knew that portraying Luffy's powers would be the most awkward part of this and it was. I just want anime fans to admit they're going to auto-hate any live action adaptation because it's what the internet has decided is cool :hubie:
:mjlit:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
might be the best adaptation Netflix has done. haven't really liked or stuck with anything since... man, Umbrella Academy season 1 or something

Koby is one of the worst characters i've ever seen in anything though. it's a trans man, but i only saw the imdb avatar when he was a girl, so i just assumed it was a girl playing a guy the entire time (no republican) and man, was that shyt distracting. terrible actor who made the dumbest fukkin faces and looked like a 12 year old baffled girl the entire time he was on screen.

Last edited:

Traveler

All Star
Daps
Tried to get into One Piece Anime, just didn't hold me. I know it is big in Japan. I saw so much advertising for One Piece back in 2019 all over Tokyo. I decided to give this a try and I have to say I am impressed. I really enjoyed it, one of the best live action versions of Anime yet, great casting too. I will probably go back and try the anime again, I have to see if there is some point to Kobe. Usually there is in anime. Can't wait for season 2.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
i tried to watch a little of the anime just now. i don't know how people can watch that stuff. it's always so jumpy, loud and i hate the animation style. i've deprived myself of a ton of good japanese stories b/c i just hate the animation style. gives me an instant headache