Hollywood giving us another yessa masta isa wash yo feet movie..

Takerstani

Extraterrestrial
Supporter
Daps
:khallid: This movie is :Step: approved. We need another

thread. :damn: I'm sick of these movies. :damn:

Last edited by a moderator:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
That would require us to start watching quality black movies again

If it aint yessuh its a Tyler Perry c00nfest... our place in Hollywood is largely our own creation

We don't get quality movies. Also, I'm not even gonna go so far as to say we need something like a black "A Beautiful Mind"...I'd be happy with the variety we had in the 90's-early 00's...Friday, love jones, -insert random Denzel movie here-...I just need a break from the c00n flicks and Tyler perry initiative. But catering to black audiences is over, so I don't expect much

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Chris Rock said it all.

mark at :3:37

[ame=http://youtu.be/nvbFwj__frg?t=3m37s]Chris Rock's Oscar® monologue - YouTube[/ame]

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
But will the butler be nice and articulate? I don't want white people to see me in a negative light. :lupe:

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
[ame=http://youtu.be/_BPvvPSCXNw]Lil Bibby Ft. King Louie - How We Move ( Shot by @WhoisHiDef ) - YouTube[/ame]

ltheghost

Payin Debts.... N40
Daps
Reppin
Japan, but from the 989
Here we go again. I guess the best we can hope for is that everyone does a good job portraying this guy's life. But fukk man, can we get out of these types of movies already? I was just waiting for a Tyler Perry credit to be somewhere on this movie. This does have a good cast, but I'm going to call it early. The son gets killed and the father has a real talk about race and forgiveness with a President. "It's not about race, we are all part of the human race". :shaq:

I'm looking forward to 12 years a Slave and the next Denzel movie since he is the only Black Actor actually making non comic book or "historical" yessa masta flicks.

KingDanz

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I call these type of movies "magical negro"

bet the black panthers get demonized in the movie

:beli:

Yogi

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This shyt is disgusting. I refuse to support this type of bullshyt. White folks will eat it up though.

Easy-E

I đź’—My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Butlers need credit 2. Still, they should have more films on people who serve God and not individuals.
(Both pointsare) True, but; it's disrespectful that this types of movies are always okay'd

But, let a writer/director want to put a black person in a more influential position
Should black people forget where they came from?

We don't "come from" slavery and servitude to the American gov't.

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
:wow: I'm tired of the sh!t man. Every 1-2 f*ckin' years there's a sappy a$$ movie reminding us of #DaStruggah of being inferior. Just give me a blockbuster about the Panthers f*ckin' up the scene and I might be intrigued :birdman:

But what's the over/under on Terrance Howard crying in this flick while giving a speech?!? :pachaha:

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
This shyt is disgusting. I refuse to support this type of bullshyt. White folks will eat it up though.
Cacs gon be like :umad: "Look at how those ******s used to live honey"
mitt-romney-laugh-animated-gif.gif

:aicmon: