Hollywood giving us another yessa masta isa wash yo feet movie..

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
seen the trailer lastnight.

I was absolutely disgusted. I didn't feel like making a thread on it.

smh @ Forrest Whitaker bringing himself to get involved in this movie. I thought he was better than that.

That nikka did Ghost Dog:childplease: I knew he wuznt better than this if times got hard enuff:snoop:....sum black actors would rather do movies like this than to just get a reocurring role in a tv show.....where most of us end up anyway.

Y'all hated them doctors,lawyers,business men in Tyler Perrys movies cuz "why they gotta be so mean all the time:damn:"....well congratulations hollywood wuz listenin and now you got a nice black Butler:pachaha:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Only problem i have with films like this, is these are the only films Hollywood would invest over $50 million to make and even if it doesn't reach the budget of $50 million and flop it will be critically praised by critics.

Why not invest 50 million into a movie where black relationships, slavery and movies about black singers are not premise of the movie

How about a movie where a black man ( don cheadle ) is a leader of a walll street bank and found ways to come up with a scheme to fuk over everybody over without the government knowing etc, etc...

We need more movies outside of the norm of pimps, slaves, black relationships and life about black singers..

u already know a richard pryor, whitney houston, marvin gaye, stevie wonder movies are in the works..smh

I gotta be honest black folks including myself wouldn't go see that Don Cheadle movie...now if they could have him robbing the white mans bank but for honorable reasons or cuz they fired em like vivica in Set It Off I think more people would go....but a movie about a banker?....I'm not one to pretend black folks would line up to see movies like that but we ain't linin up to see movies about no damn presidential butlers either but they quik to make movies like that....and Oprah quick to cosign em....I been thinkin about writin a movie for a while now just haven't looked into how to properly write one...I had a couple ideas,one about a black dude who runs for president and wins,gets the job and discovers past secrets and how crooked the govt really is based off things they ask him to do,and faces constant disrespect so he quits the first week:obama:....gos on to tell the nation how fuked up shyt is and how it really works,and has credibility and the whole nation is behind em....government does a smear campaign to make him look crazy,sets him up to cheat on his wife,tries to kill em:russ:...and the other one is a action movie set in africa where the action hero is african,got a decent plot:myman:

Sinnerman

Veteran
Daps
I gotta be honest black folks including myself wouldn't go see that Don Cheadle movie...now if they could have him robbing the white mans bank but for honorable reasons or cuz they fired em like vivica in Set It Off I think more people would go....but a movie about a banker?....I'm not one to pretend black folks would line up to see movies like that but we ain't linin up to see movies about no damn presidential butlers either but they quik to make movies like that....and Oprah quick to cosign em....I been thinkin about writin a movie for a while now just haven't looked into how to properly write one...I had a couple ideas,one about a black dude who runs for president and wins,gets the job and discovers past secrets and how crooked the govt really is based off things they ask him to do,and faces constant disrespect so he quits the first week:obama:....gos on to tell the nation how fuked up shyt is and how it really works,and has credibility and the whole nation is behind em....government does a smear campaign to make him look crazy,sets him up to cheat on his wife,tries to kill em:russ:...and the other one is a action movie set in africa where the action hero is african,got a decent plot:myman:

Officenote.gif

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY

How to Write Movie Scripts (with Examples) - wikiHow
Download Celtx or Final Draft
:manny:

Let me know how it works out for you, if you follow suit with this.

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
outside of mexicans..............i cant think of any other race that would constantly allow themselves to be portrayed in this manner and not do anything about it.

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:sayword::ohhh::dwillhuh::Oh shyt:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

All that trailer needed was Bokeem Woodbine up in the mix. Such simple, sappy tripe. Cuba Gooding Jr. finally playing a butler is the tomc00nery equivalent of a dude getting a single in the bottom of the 18th to complete the cycle. :wow:

Anti-Anime

fukk u weeaboo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Not Japan
More disrespectful than "feel good". :mjpls: Why can't we get movies about quirky young black men/women that go on to do amazing things? White folks. :beli: