Hollywood giving us another yessa masta isa wash yo feet movie..

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
*SIGH*

Look, mayne...

1) I understand them trying to tell a story about a hard-working black man.
2) I understand that the studios are gonna make whatever they think is gonna be profitable because that's their business.

But...does he HAVE to look like a monkey??!?

Forest was STRAIGHT UP lookin' like a monkey here. Had a lazy eye...I can't even deal...

The Nigerian

The Realest Member of TheColi
Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
The Butler - Official Trailer (HD) Oprah Winfrey - YouTube

I cant believe out of all the black people who have worked in the white house they give us a movie about a fukking butler.:snoop:

I bet they try to pass it off as his job was so important presidents couldn't function without him.:upsetfavre:
What do you expect?

Captain Phillips - Official Trailer (HD) Tom Hanks - YouTube

Captain Phillips...Africans pirates vs. Tom Hanks. :aicmon:
I hope the the pirates win.

mtu wa chuma

archangel of terror
Supporter
Daps
I'm tired of these c00n ass black movies meant to make white people feel good about themselves.

How about they make a movie about Nat Turner? Black Wall Street? Scottsboro boys? Dred Scott? Brown v. Board & Thurgood Marshall? a real movie about the Black Panthers? Haiti's rebellion?

There's some powerful stories about blacks that can be told but, they know white people aren't trying to see that shyt. Its disgusting :patrice:
So you're angry because a white man won't tell our story? Why should he?

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
(Both pointsare) True, but; it's disrespectful that this types of movies are always okay'd

But, let a writer/director want to put a black person in a more influential position

We don't "come from" slavery and servitude to the American gov't.

Yea its sad and unfortunate that it only goes one way and never the other way.

Its so demonic, friend. :lupe:

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm tired of these c00n ass black movies meant to make white people feel good about themselves.

How about they make a movie about Nat Turner? Black Wall Street? Scottsboro boys? Dred Scott? Brown v. Board & Thurgood Marshall? a real movie about the Black Panthers? Haiti's rebellion?

There's some powerful stories about blacks that can be told but, they know white people aren't trying to see that shyt. Its disgusting :patrice:

:ooh: That shyt would be wild! But you already know they will never even think about making a movie like that

Daps
I agree with the bolded, I would see a Nat Turner movie on opening night, but I don't see this movie as c00nish at all. It is simply a depiction of historical events :manny:

Yeah, you right it is historical but they select the parts of history that are more pleasing to white people. Look at modern day situations.

The black dude who saved the white girl and her child (after her boyfriend ran like a be-yotch) in the Batman movie shooting is a real story of a hero. Charles Ramsey did some heroic things when he helped free that girl that was kidnapped. But guess which true story is more likely to be a movie.

The black man (who is a college student) that took a bullet when he saved a white woman who was abandoned by her white boyfriend - or - the black working class man who is not very well spoken and rough around the edges?

:thinking:

King Poetic

The D.O.G.( Disciple of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Executive Chair Of The West
Only problem i have with films like this, is these are the only films Hollywood would invest over $50 million to make and even if it doesn't reach the budget of $50 million and flop it will be critically praised by critics.

Why not invest 50 million into a movie where black relationships, slavery and movies about black singers are not premise of the movie

How about a movie where a black man ( don cheadle ) is a leader of a walll street bank and found ways to come up with a scheme to fuk over everybody over without the government knowing etc, etc...

We need more movies outside of the norm of pimps, slaves, black relationships and life about black singers..

u already know a richard pryor, whitney houston, marvin gaye, stevie wonder movies are in the works..smh