Hollywood giving us another yessa masta isa wash yo feet movie..

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
It is based on a dudes life and it seems like he might actually have a good story worth telling if all of what happened is true.
At the same time the movie is putting black actors in the same roles that they always seem to be in when it comes to major films.
Can't be mad at the actors cause work is work and Hollywood could write us out all together and not miss a beat.

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
These movies are disgusting, I don't get why people would agree to play these roles.
You is Kind, You is Smart, You is Important - YouTube

shyts irritating

The Help made $211 million at the box office, the Blindside made $309 million

Red Tails barely covered its budget
mysmilie_3788.gif

White people are so transparent...

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
Exactly, I'm reading through this thread like :dwillhuh:

:childplease: Whats so c00nish about this movie? I'm starting to suspect it's just a bunch of sheep in this thread

I'm tired of these c00n ass black movies meant to make white people feel good about themselves.

How about they make a movie about Nat Turner? Black Wall Street? Scottsboro boys? Dred Scott? Brown v. Board & Thurgood Marshall? a real movie about the Black Panthers? Haiti's rebellion?

There's some powerful stories about blacks that can be told but, they know white people aren't trying to see that shyt. Its disgusting :patrice:

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
I'm tired of these c00n ass black movies meant to make white people feel good about themselves.

How about they make a movie about Nat Turner? Black Wall Street? Scottsboro boys? Dred Scott? Brown v. Board & Thurgood Marshall? a real movie about the Black Panthers? Haiti's rebellion?

There's some powerful stories about blacks that can be told but, they know white people aren't trying to see that shyt. Its disgusting :patrice:

I agree with the bolded, I would see a Nat Turner movie on opening night, but I don't see this movie as c00nish at all. It is simply a depiction of historical events :manny:

Poppa_Dock

:gladlebron:
Daps
Reppin
Banana Town

why would you want white ppl making a black panther movie:wtb:
shouldn't a black director be making that movie?
:ufdup:

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
I agree with the bolded, I would see a Nat Turner movie on opening night, but I don't see this movie as c00nish at all. It is simply a depiction of historical events :manny:

It's c00nish bruh. It's a reason why movies like this are getting greenlit. It's a reason why movies like The Blindside, Precious & The Help make $200 million at the box office, and movies like Miracle at St. Anna & Red Tails flop.

I bet there's some apologist white person in the film that understands the Butler's struggle and begins to see him like an equal :yawn: Then they're demonizing the militant son, painting the BPP out as extremists. fukk outta here with that shyt. Oprah should know better.

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy9Y06zpgTo[/ame]

This movie is coming out Friday, this looks like a legit black film.
Not too mention "42" is still out, if you want to see a Nat Turner film or Haitian Revolution film, then support the few black films that come out such as Peeples and 42.

Also, DC has a black film festival coming up(ain't that where you stay) in June, this is another thing to check out. welcome

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy9Y06zpgTo

This movie is coming out Friday, this looks like a legit black film.
Not too mention "42" is still out, if you want to see a Nat Turner film or Haitian Revolution film, then support the few black films that come out such as Peeples and 42.

Also, DC has a black film festival coming up(ain't that where you stay) in June, this is another thing to check out. welcome

:why: that dont even look good or original. this movie has been made 1000 times before

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
Movies about ******s who have real jobs is just god awful, but movies like Paid In full are cinematic masterpieces. You pro black idiots make me sick. Y'all hate everything except the things you should.

:what: I'm not pro-anything.

Quote me saying Paid in Full is a cinematic masterpiece.

What I'm talking about is Hollywoods obsession with having these savior movies and the main character always has to be some type of servant or damaged person. It might not be a Hollywood thing either though cause like Malik said these types of movies do numbers so I guess theres a lot of people that like this kinda stuff.

It's like why can't they make movies about them being doctors, lawyers, police officers, multi-millionaires, those stories exist but those type of movies aren't getting made left and right. When they do come out you won't see me hating on them.

Dr. Sebi Jr.

Trust Me
Daps
Reppin
Not Technically a "Doctor"
Spike LEE wrote AND filmed a Nat Turner MOVIE but JEW-KNOW-WHO stole all the COPIES and BURNED them. Then they assassinated SPIKE and replaced HIM with a hologram. The Cauculators do NOT want you TO know THIS. Knowledge IS power.