Hip Hop Uncovered Docu-Series on FX/Hulu Feb. 12th (Ft/ Big U, Bimmy, Haitian Jack, Deb)

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
i'm not questioning his gangsta. lord knows i've heard the stories, and the doc starts with the story of him shutting down a rick ross concert in detroit. :russ:

but when you hear his perspective compared to jack, or U, or deb/bimmy... it doesn't seem like he was on THAT level with it. so far it seems like he was in it, around it... but didn't really run shyt. whereas with them -- regardless of how you feel about them and/or their "success" -- there isn't much to debate when it comes to who they were in the streets.

it might just be that we haven't gotten to his story in more detail yet tho. might also be that he just isn't as polished/forthcoming as the others when it comes to telling his story. we'll see. :yeshrug:
I feel you, I just meant more in the fact that Trick Trick might've had the most direct dealings than all of them when it specifically comes to Hip Hop and the streets outside of Big U. Deb and Bimmy were doing more in the streets, but they seem more business based when dealing in Hip Hop. Being connected to Bimmy and Deb in NY doesn't hold the same weight as knowing Trick Trick in Detroit, if that makes sense. You can disrespect/not fukk with Bimmy or Deb and have a perfectly fine/safe stay in NY. That don't really go for Trick Trick in Detroit lol.

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel you, I just meant more in the fact that Trick Trick might've had the most direct dealings than all of them when it specifically comes to Hip Hop and the streets outside of Big U. Deb and Bimmy were doing more in the streets, but they seem more business based. Being connected to Bimmy and Deb in NY doesn't hold the same weight as knowing Trick Trick in Detroit, if that makes sense. You can disrespect/not fukk with Bimmy or Deb and have a perfectly fine/safe stay in NY. That don't really go for Trick Trick in Detroit lol.

that's kinda what i was wondering (if i'm hearing you correctly)... it almost seems like trick's rise as a goon is more directly connected to the actual power he holds in the detroit hip hop scene, whereas the others are street people who found a way in to do business.

that said, deb/bimmy are also a generation removed (waka, frenchie, etc) from being directly in the streets and fighting over reps. they all seem like they've been doing that part a little longer than trick. but again, the doc may show us something different.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
I’m tryna figure out why is he even in this

tbh Haitian Jack too

bimmy and deb i understand
Big eUgene a fool with it, dude a la criminal legend, Robbins banks, kidnapping MFs. Also OG rollin 60, has ties to kurupt, t.I., nipsey, and the LA underworld, people go to him for protection, or just as I guess a travel agent of sorts who sets them up with things they need.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
This is a shot in the dark but maybe the reason Trick really is in this is cuz he also claims the Crip car, and Big U produced this, so...:manny:
Yeah but a well known goon and has held down Eminem

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Big U discovered Kurupt and was his manager pre-Death Row days, plus he managed Nipsey. Outside of producing the doc, Big U is a huge factor in the LA streets, which kinda makes him a big factor in LA Hip Hop based off how the dynamics work in LA. Lol. I get what you're saying though.

Haitian Jack was with a few rappers, help finance studio time, videos etc. He mainly was running with the Fugees. He didn't contribute much at an executive level though.

Jimmy Henchman would've been a way better fit for this than Jack.
Thought his brother was the manager, big u connected nipsey with Steve lobel though

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Watching right now, like others have said I like the b roll and they are going pretty in depth, but without every being dirty or an extortionist I can tell this is going to be one sided

NV-ME

Make It Hot-ta
Daps
Reppin
FiyaStarter
I’m tryna figure out why is he even in this

tbh Haitian Jack too

bimmy and deb i understand
this is the first time ive heard jack give perspective on anything. i cant imagine he doesnt give his side on the pac shooting which would be well worth him talking about whatever instead of <insert rapper> for the other 5 episodes. who knows what other crazy shyt he's seen/been in.

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
Why do you say that?

I figure not everyone is a vhs/digital hoarder like I tend to be.

For the person that doesn’t know the history or what they’re looking for, a show like this is the first time they will have seen and or will have heard of some of these guys.

The concerts, the b roll footage, the moments they reference aren’t an easy find.

considering how short attention spans are, Viacom doesn’t play music like that anymore and how strict YouTube is becoming that time capsule is under represented and could disappear outside of documentaries that will have their slants which I find sad.