Hip Hop Uncovered Docu-Series on FX/Hulu Feb. 12th (Ft/ Big U, Bimmy, Haitian Jack, Deb)

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
I’m tryna figure out why is he even in this

tbh Haitian Jack too

bimmy and deb i understand
Big U discovered Kurupt and was his manager pre-Death Row days, plus he managed Nipsey. Outside of producing the doc, Big U is a huge factor in the LA streets, which kinda makes him a big factor in LA Hip Hop based off how the dynamics work in LA. Lol. I get what you're saying though.

Haitian Jack was with a few rappers, help finance studio time, videos etc. He mainly was running with the Fugees. He didn't contribute much at an executive level though.

Jimmy Henchman would've been a way better fit for this than Jack.

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
Anyway, repeating what I said in the other thread:

Trick Trick is annoying...and not to slight his hustle, but his story is dwarfed comparatively speaking with these other folks.

But overall, it's dropping some interesting info.

Also...since Deb and Bimmy gettin money like that, why they moms still live in the same house? (In fairness, though, I do know that many older Blacks like to stay where they started...my grandma was like that, didn't wanna leave her neighborhood even after it went to gang-infested hell.)
I’m all for parents sometimes wanting to stay in the home they’re used to even when their children end up really well-off...but that house looks fukkin crazy for a mom whose daughter and son have netted millions for decades.

The wood panels inside, old couch, siding and roof falling apart...wtf.
:heh:

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
I’m all for parents sometimes wanting to stay in the home they’re used to even when their children end up really well-off...but that house looks fukkin crazy for a mom whose daughter and son have netted millions for decades.

The wood panels inside, old couch, siding and roof falling apart...wtf.
:heh:
LOL yeah older people don't ever want to leave sometimes. You ever see those IG lives when Cardi B is in her grandmother's apartment in the Bronx just chillin? This is like 2018-2019 after she super blew up, her grandma still lives in one of them project apartments. All you see is mad C-town bags all on the kitchen table, old school white fridge vibes...

DarkmanX

All Star
Daps
So you got the answer to your own question. Some nikkas want to insert themselves into the picture. Control narrative. Make themselves more important than they were.

Yeah, nothing against Big U cuz i obviously dont even know him but thats what hes been tryna do these past few yrs

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Depends on how you look at it.

i'm not questioning his gangsta. lord knows i've heard the stories, and the doc starts with the story of him shutting down a rick ross concert in detroit. :russ:

but when you hear his perspective compared to jack, or U, or deb/bimmy... it doesn't seem like he was on THAT level with it. so far it seems like he was in it, around it... but didn't really run shyt. whereas with them -- regardless of how you feel about them and/or their "success" -- there isn't much to debate when it comes to who they were in the streets.

it might just be that we haven't gotten to his story in more detail yet tho. might also be that he just isn't as polished/forthcoming as the others when it comes to telling his story. we'll see. :yeshrug: