Hip Hop Is Delicious Poison. Glorification Of Murder Is My Issue With Hip Hop. No Boundaries Exist - Dee-1

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
I jumped in the thread saying that rappers are literally claiming to be members of the KKK to advance anti-Black lyrics. I even shared some examples of it and a separate thread from nearly 10 years ago where many members here contributed similar lines from even more rappers. I don't rap about killing people nor do I rap about selling drugs to people. I don't push messages of anti-Blackness to the Black community in exchange for pennies like many of these rappers are.

But for sake of argument, even if this was something I've done, I would not sit here and defend it because in my opinion, it is indefensible. There's nothing entertaining about celebrating or promoting the deaths of Black people, especially Black males when the leading cause of death for Black males between the ages of ONE and FORTY FOUR years of age is homicide. fukk I look like saying "damn, it's fukked up that all of these brothers are getting killed" and then later that night I'm lifting weights to lyrics about spinning the block on "n*ggas"

I can respect what you're saying. How can I not?

However; this is a dee-1 thread. N I don't respect dee-1. Ive said it before in a couple other threads; he on some crooked preacher shyt in my eyes.

People getting killed is fukked up no doubt.

But some1 such as myself really does love this hip-hop shyt. And it changed my lyfe. profoundly.

I'm not here trying 2 troll or have arguments just cause breh.

I come from this; and I live by this.

Therefore; I feel the need 2 defend this shyt. and I will pick apart anybody who tries 2 shyt on it.

its nothing personal.

I just strongly disagree with "hip-hop" is the problem rhetoric that is pushed on here.

guys like dee-1 don't even stand on that they know its an ez lick.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
I can respect what you're saying. How can I not?

However; this is a dee-1 thread. N I don't respect dee-1. Ive said it before in a couple other threads; he on some crooked preacher shyt in my eyes.

People getting killed is fukked up no doubt.

But some1 such as myself really does love this hip-hop shyt. And it changed my lyfe. profoundly.

I'm not here trying 2 troll or have arguments just cause breh.

I come from this; and I live by this.

Therefore; I feel the need 2 defend this shyt. and I will pick apart anybody who tries 2 shyt on it.

its nothing personal.

I just strongly disagree with "hip-hop" is the problem rhetoric that is pushed on here.

guys like dee-1 don't even stand on that they know its an ez lick.

I think there's room to defend the genre and also room to critique it. Whether you like Dee-1 a a person or not is a secondary concern, maybe he does have ulterior motive and is self serving. I'm more concerned about what people say and whether or not it's true or false.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
I think there's room to defend the genre and also room to critique it. Whether you like Dee-1 a a person or not is a secondary concern, maybe he does have ulterior motive and is self serving. I'm more concerned about what people say and whether or not it's true or false.

I'm just trying to understand where you're coming from n what your purpose is. Cause u popped up outta nowhere quoting some random 21 savage shyt.

Nothing is perfect in this world.

I agree with you that there is room 2 critique.

But I do believe there is a time and a place.

I haven't been here long but you do have a reputation for shytting on hip-hop and making it seem like some ignorant circus. They quote u for that around here to double down on it when it comes up.

come 2 find out....you a rapper! and not a gospel one at that......I'm just trying 2 put the pieces 2gether. I'm genuinely trying to talk 2 u; but maybe u trolling. cause thats a thing around here. IDK.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
I'm just trying to understand where you're coming from n what your purpose is. Cause u popped up outta nowhere quoting some random 21 savage shyt.

Nothing is perfect in this world.

I agree with you that there is room 2 critique.

But I do believe there is a time and a place.

I haven't been here long but you do have a reputation for shytting on hip-hop and making it seem like some ignorant circus. They quote u for that around here to double down on it when it comes up.

come 2 find out....you a rapper! and not a gospel one at that......I'm just trying 2 put the pieces 2gether. I'm genuinely trying to talk 2 u; but maybe u trolling. cause thats a thing around here. IDK.

I was tagged into this thread and I quoted 21 Savage to highlight how other communities don't tolerate the bullshyt that ours does at it relates to their collective image. 21 Savage dropped a bar that most people would probably find to be complimentary, he said he gets money like Jewish people. Because of antisemitic tropes related to Jewish people and money throughout history, they didn't take kindly to that and he apologized.

This same artist can make songs like My Choppa Hate N*ggas and we're supposed to be cool with that, a title that is unmistakably anti-Black and far more disrespectful than his line about getting Jewish money.

Dee-1 is expressing that he believes hip hop is being used as a vehicle to promote poison and I agree with him. Does that mean that the whole of hip hop is poison, obviously not. The critique is about people within the space doing very specific things.

PatCake

Alkali Nonmetals
Daps
Reppin
I, for one, welcome our new space overlords.
I just think we are a bit too literal with our arts. It's like we cannot differentiate between playful art and real life. You can love and dance to the music and still wake up and go to work the next day. Realizing that the artform is meant to entertain. Some White folks love the devil heavy metal rock isht. Punk rock music and all. But they still live normal lives. They don't dress like iggy pop everyday in their 40s and try to be anti establishment. They understand the artform and artists are there to entertain. Their lives will never be like theirs.

With us on the other hand. When a rapper says X, we try to do X. You got folks who are in their 50s now and they still act like 16 years. Marking territories and stuff. It's like they're trying to live the words of the rap music. Come on Brehs it's just music. It shouldn't mean that you got to act like a broke Future everywhere you go. You can still live a normal life and raise your kids and be law abiding citizens.

It's like it started with everybody breakdancing and freestyling. Saying mad rhymes and some cool stuff like a G, the ruff rider. And then some folks couldn't separate it from reality. When everybody went home they were still in character and till today that disease has infected us all. Now we have career gangsters, territorial man-children who feel validated when they claim places and make it their job scare everybody :mjlol:

seymour cake

All Star
Daps
What's his end plan though, i fukk wit dee 1 and his message but at the end of the day nobody is going to stop making music bout killing and drugs...

Redwing80

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Don’t nobody like a preachy mothatfuka. Most people will agree that hip hop definitely has negative values to it, just like all forms of entertainment. But nikkas love to cherry pick shyt out of rap, then act obtuse to the fact that all gangster rap could cease to exist right now and the black man’s plight would be no different. But nikkas wanna feel smart and important and harp on rap all day. I believe it’s rooted out of jealousy. I think you nikkas envy these rappers.
This. Don't bring up the fact that the highest selling rappers of the past decade and not gangsta rappers at all.. they'll ignore that completely

Who Not How

Superstar
Daps
I gave up on cats. That Yo Gotti brother thread was disgusting. It looked like that Chiraqology subreddit.

I know most people read below an 8th grade level but I can't deal with the typical brain dead arguments you see in these discussions. They just don't have the ability to comprehend what the other side is saying.

After a while, you start looking crazy too when you go back and forth with them. Let it go and move on like most sensible brothas and sistas.

I been bumping a lot of Afrobeats lately. The genre got a lot of underground artists making heat.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No Child Left Behind did its thing :laff:
Take Hip Hop out of existence

We still have movies and video games.
Would the goalpost be moved today.
I swear everyone wanna make excuses for having shifty parents or being one...

More importantly, the guns would still exist.

I've never seen people work over time to let racists off the hook.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
I was just listening to a pod about 2Pac and it brought up the Dan Quayle/pac/ice t thing where rap lyrics were blamed for killings. It’s crazy to realize that was 30 years ago.

Ultimately…they was right bruh :francis:

Just not literally. Wrong target but right thought. Lyrics weren’t literally responsible but it’s true that hip hop has veered folk off a certain path. It’s been a slow drift but when you zoom out you see the drift is much steeper than you think. Modern rap is everything he’s saying it is

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I beg to differ, especially given the title of the thread when the same exact rapper has a song called My Choppa Hate N*ggas.

fT3WzgH.jpg

Hang around a lot of gang bangin' ass nikkas
Crip, Blood, blue or red, what you bang nikka?
You might got a pistol but this stick is way bigger

I call it KKK, 'cause my choppa hate n*ggas.

:francis:
U post the same damn songs in every anti hip hop thread. We get it nikka. U prolly gave this nikka more promotion and views than whatever label he’s on. lol.

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
U post the same damn songs in every anti hip hop thread. We get it nikka. U prolly gave this nikka more promotion and views than whatever label he’s on. lol.

This nikka knows more Finesse2tymes lyrics than Dee 1 lyrics. I’ve never seen him post any positive Dee 1 lyrics or in general for that matter. Dude post the same set of stats and the same sets of lyrics in every thread. The nikka is obsessed with these rappers and has some issues deep within himself to be on this agenda for a whole decade.

The Dust King

A Childrens Story
Daps
Reppin
the tri-state
38...and yes, 1 a week, at least I try to.

It counted when I was 8...18, etc....it's just I was too young and stupid to grasp the absolute shyt I was being fed by these dudes. What's so hard to understand? Lol. When I was a kid I thought as a kid thinks...I'm 40 now, as you say...shyt different man, if you still thinking the same way you did at 20 as a 40 year old then you trippin. I don't fault none of the youth for jackin this ish...my only issue ever is the grown people in the culture jackin it and ignoring what it does to the babies, shh is disgusting. I'm not just gonna keep repeating myself tho, you 40 so you can think/do/listen to/deny whatever you want kid, enjoy yaself.

so you 40 and still blame hiphop tho?

also if its not hard to undsrstand then why you wow emoji over klan lyrics?