Hip Hop Is Delicious Poison. Glorification Of Murder Is My Issue With Hip Hop. No Boundaries Exist - Dee-1

Drip Bayless

Superstar
Daps
Anyone perpetuating narratives like these is really just saying black people are in a cultural deficit, and like Bill Cosby said, we would escape oppression by pulling our pants up and going back to playing jazz. Hip hop is not making black people kill each other, and what’s more is the idea that we are disproportionately killing each other at higher rates is both racist and wholly unfounded

DaHNIC82

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Off The Cuff Radio/ScrewballRadio/BudeBoyEnt
Don’t nobody like a preachy mothatfuka. Most people will agree that hip hop definitely has negative values to it, just like all forms of entertainment. But nikkas love to cherry pick shyt out of rap, then act obtuse to the fact that all gangster rap could cease to exist right now and the black man’s plight would be no different. But nikkas wanna feel smart and important and harp on rap all day. I believe it’s rooted out of jealousy. I think you nikkas envy these rappers.

Charleston white and Hassan the same way. Talk shyt about rappers and soon as they get a bag they start wearing the start up rappers kit. They dont give a shyt about black ppl

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Anyone perpetuating narratives like these is really just saying black people are in a cultural deficit, and like Bill Cosby said, we would escape oppression by pulling our pants up and going back to playing jazz. Hip hop is not making black people kill each other, and what’s more is the idea that we are disproportionately killing each other at higher rates is both racist and wholly unfounded

No one in here has advanced the argument that people are listening to music and turning into killers consequently. No one is arguing for respectability politics. But the claim that Black people are disproportionately killing each other is a sad reality unfortunately. For example, the leading cause of death for Black males between the ages of 1-44 is homicide.

wjJzUx.png

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
No Child Left Behind did its thing :laff:
Take Hip Hop out of existence

We still have movies and video games.
Would the goalpost be moved today.
I swear everyone wanna make excuses for having shifty parents or being one...

This is the problem, but it’s easier to blame rap music. I guarantee you that half of the men in this thread blaming rap music for society’s ills aren’t active daily participants in their kid’s lives and that their kids are being raised by a single mother.

DaKidFromNoWhere

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Tar Heel State
This is the problem, but it’s easier to blame rap music. I guarantee you that half of the men in this thread blaming rap music for society’s ills aren’t active daily participants in their kid’s lives and that their kids are being raised by a single mother.
Check the recent child support thread...:sas2:

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Word cause u came in here getting busy 2 defend some1 in the OP you is accusing some1 as yourself as the enemy. N u respect that? Man we different breh.

so u the enemy?

I'm not here defending anyone, I'm here agreeing with the idea that many of these rappers are straight up promoting poison and furthermore, a lot of this content is explicitly anti-Black.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
I'm not here defending anyone, I'm here agreeing with the idea that many of these rappers are straight up promoting poison and furthermore, a lot of this content is explicitly anti-Black.

But you jumped into a thread about dee-1 saying hip-hop is a tool of the KKK. You see how it looked like you would be co-signing this dumb shyt?

The same fool who literally is saying some1 such as yourself is a part of the problem.

This thread is about that breh. You might have put yourself in the line of fire "accidentally."

If you have a different message maybe this was not the thread to jump off the porch.

or did I get that wrong?

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
But you jumped into a thread about dee-1 saying hip-hop is a tool of the KKK. You see how it looked like you would be co-signing this dumb shyt?

The same fool who literally is saying some1 such as yourself is a part of the problem.

This thread is about that breh. You might have put yourself in the line of fire "accidentally."

If you have a different message maybe this was not the thread to jump off the porch.

or did I get that wrong?

I jumped in the thread saying that rappers are literally claiming to be members of the KKK to advance anti-Black lyrics. I even shared some examples of it and a separate thread from nearly 10 years ago where many members here contributed similar lines from even more rappers. I don't rap about killing people nor do I rap about selling drugs to people. I don't push messages of anti-Blackness to the Black community in exchange for pennies like many of these rappers are.

But for sake of argument, even if this was something I've done, I would not sit here and defend it because in my opinion, it is indefensible. There's nothing entertaining about celebrating or promoting the deaths of Black people, especially Black males when the leading cause of death for Black males between the ages of ONE and FORTY FOUR years of age is homicide. fukk I look like saying "damn, it's fukked up that all of these brothers are getting killed" and then later that night I'm lifting weights to lyrics about spinning the block on "n*ggas"