Hip hop almost died today and my heart is broken

NV-ME

Make It Hot-ta
Daps
Reppin
FiyaStarter
Popular compared to artists on majors, and ironically mote whitte people support artists like tech an Joe budden

both of them have a lot of black fans. you have some other concrete evidence, feel free to share.

this "white true hiphop" contengency is starting to feel like that "all asians love wu-tang" feel to it. til my man went over there to teach for a year and encountered about 80% bs on that notion.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Well this guy for one :
Hopsin - Ill Mind Of Hopsin 4 - YouTube

Same thing happened with Kendrick and his team, got hot, introduced to Dr. Dre through Tech N9ne and now they're signed to Aftermath/Interscope.

I, and most people outside of the Online hip hop world have not heard of dude. I will check him out, but most people won't. And the label will dictate the kind of music Kendrick puts out, I can already hear a change in his music, and as long as he appears to have money, cars, bytches, ect we will accept it.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
People are buying the race card Nicki played :beli:

when did she play the race card?

i was just calling it how i saw it. i had no idea that she played the race card. with that said, i can understand why she did it.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I, and most people outside of the Online hip hop world have not heard of dude. I will check him out, but most people won't. And the label will dictate the kind of music Kendrick puts out, I can already hear a change in his music, and as long as he appears to have money, cars, bytches, ect we will accept it

False.
Kendrick has always been a diverse artist.
Hell he ends his Solo Album with a diatribe to being a human being
not some ideal Hip Hop artist that can be shoehorned into being "Conscious" or "Gangsta" or any of that stupid labeling B.S.

Most people do not know of Indie artists period.
That's what happens when you aren't on a major label, I'm glad Hip Hop is creating a bigger indy market, it'll be like Indy Rock soon enough (hopefully).

The same goes for dudes like Blu, Fashawn, Dom kennedy, etc.
Many independent guys have built massive followings and eventually get courted by the labels some turn it down (Hopsin) others set themselves up nicely ( Odd Future)

Galvatron

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Here is what you Rosenberg apologist fail to grasp . Nicki is the lone black female artist making any noise and she feels humiliated by a white man of privilege on an urban radio station. Rosenberg acts like he is a hiphop purist when he is just your typical white boy who think hiphop revolves around primo and j dilla. His act in the words of Cory booker nauseate me.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
both of them have a lot of black fans. you have some other concrete evidence, feel free to share.

this "white true hiphop" contengency is starting to feel like that "all asians love wu-tang" feel to it. til my man went over there to teach for a year and encountered about 80% bs on that notion.

I didn't say they didn't have black fans, I am a fan of both. I said they are not very popular within the black community, most people I know had know clue who tech 9 was until he was on weezys album.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. (YouTube won't give embed link on iPhone)
What do you see here? A bunch of off-beat white arms waving from side to side

H.J.Duck

Superstar
Daps
Rosenberg basically had already said all the same things on his radio show though (and it was well publicized too).... & Nicki still agreed to perform there. :yeshrug:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

False.
Kendrick has always been a diverse artist.
Hell he ends his Solo Album with a diatribe to being a human being
not some ideal Hip Hop artist that can be shoehorned into being "Conscious" or "Gangsta" or any of that stupid labeling B.S.

Most people do not know of Indie artists period.
That's what happens when you aren't on a major label, I'm glad Hip Hop is creating a bigger indy market, it'll be like Indy Rock soon enough (hopefully).

The same goes for dudes like Blu, Fashawn, Dom kennedy, etc.
Many independent guys have built massive followings and eventually get courted by the labels some turn it down (Hopsin) others set themselves up nicely ( Odd Future)

The Kendrick album you speak of is an INDEPENDANT album, believe me his major debut will be full of whatever the label tells him to do. And the rest of the artist you mentioned will suffer the same fate unless they stay independent. I didn't say independent artist didn't have any success, i said they are not very popular, and we as a whole don't support them as much as we support major label artists. If we the fans speak up and support the right shyt the artist will stop having te sell out to sale a couple records.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Kendrick album you speak of is an INDEPENDANT album, believe me his major debut will be full of whatever the label tells him to do. And the rest of the artist you mentioned will suffer the same fate unless they stay independent. I didn't say independent artist didn't have any success, i said they are not very popular, and we as a whole don't support them as much as we support major label artists. If we the fans speak up and support the right shyt the artist will stop having te sell out to sale a couple records.

I don't know where you got that from, no one said you didn't think they were successful.
I'm just saying you clearly don't understand where the Labels are today.
If an artist has leverage and was able to get hot by themselves WTF can a label tell them to do ? Outside of funding their projects and letting them do what labels are failing to do in 2012.
Not a damn thing that's what, if Labels could produce a Wiz Khalifa or Mac Miller by themselves they wouldn't be trying to sign these dudes getting hot, they'd just do it themselves, in house.
Lol.

Kendrick is still going to Kendrick because the sh1t is working.
Labels are notorious for not fixing what isn't broken.
I guarantee Kendrick Lamar WILL NOT go through a drastic change because of label input.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

I don't know where you got that from, no one said you didn't think they were successful.
I'm just saying you clearly don't understand where the Labels are today.
If an artist has leverage and was able to get hot by themselves WTF can a label tell them to do ? Outside of funding their projects and letting them do what labels are failing to do in 2012.
Not a damn thing that's what, if Labels could produce a Wiz Khalifa or Mac Miller by themselves they wouldn't be trying to sign these dudes getting hot, they'd just do it themselves, in house.
Lol.

Kendrick is still going to Kendrick because the sh1t is working.
Labels are notorious for not fixing what isn't broken.
I guarantee Kendrick Lamar WILL NOT go through a drastic change because of label input.

Wiz, big Sean, j.Cole, two chains, drake, the list goes on and on. All artist who made a name for themselves before the labels took notice. All are now making the same POPULAR music the label makes them. Non of there debuts sound anything like the mixtapes that got them all their fans in the first place

NV-ME

Make It Hot-ta
Daps
Reppin
FiyaStarter
Rosenberg basically had already said all the same things in his radio show though (and it was well publicized too).... & Nicki still agreed to perform there. :yeshrug:

people might have heard or not, but it wasnt THE story. he made it about himself at a live performance