Hip hop almost died today and my heart is broken

NV-ME

Make It Hot-ta
Daps
Reppin
FiyaStarter
the opinions on nikki's music are subjective, obviously. but there's an element of white priviledge here by rosenberg that im not even sure he recognizes.

that shyt was flat out UNPROFESSIONAL.

you dont take shots at a client your employer is in business w/. i have a bigger problem w/ why he thought THAT shyt was cool

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
An entitled white guy without no fear of radio back lash shytted on maybe the biggest female rapper ever. And the sambos on this site cheerlead SMH talking bout real hiphop.......if your name ain't stretch Armstrong and you white shut the fukk up up

This is why we can't have a REAL conversation about race in this country, cause stupid nikkas like YOU want to holler rasicm at everything you disagree with. Its not about a white guy and a black girl he didn't say he he didn't like the bytch cause she was black, he basically said the opposite. He said he didn't like because she turns her back on her own culture.

If it is wrong for a "White guy" to diss a "Black girl" why is it ok for the same "Black girl" to try her best to be as white as possible. In interviews she tries to talk like a white girl. Nose jobs, skin bleaching, booty injections, long ass goofy wigs, all white people shyt. That's what you should be mad about.

:scusthov: at you confused nikkas, y'all make my people look bad.

Da Jungles

CBALL
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MUSIC
So what category does "808's" fall in? Is it hip hop, rnb, or pop? like I said - aint no categories no more

Since the beginning of this music shyt there have been albums that come out that don't necessarily fit into a MAIN genre. It has been like that FOREVER.

He classifies it as Pop.

Yes he is.
White hip hop fans aren't the ones supporting gucci mane, oj da juiceman, waka flocka, plies etc..its black people.

White heads are the main people supporting old school acts, and new cats like Kendrick Lamar.

Again...no he's not.

Just because white folks go to Wu Tang shows doesn't mean they appreciate the culture more then black folks

another question: is Drake a rapper or a R&B singer?

He's both.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:snoop: I can't believe you nikkas is on here arguing about this soft ass shyt.

Hip hop fans fukked up a long time ago by endorsing the fukkary that is Nicki Minaj. Now that she has proven to be the empty gimmick that she always has been, you nikkas want to catch feelings when sombody calls her out.

On a professional level it was wrong for Rosenberg to diss an artist that was performing at his stations festival, but at the same time what happened to hip hops rebellious spirit. We used to expect our Journalsits and DJs to keep it real and hold artists accountable for there bs. It just sucks it took a European white dude to say what somebody should have been saying. Maybe some more respectable personalities should stop supporting this shyt, Flex should quit droppin bombs all over the fukkary

Hip hop died when it became uncool to have an opinion. Fans,DJs, etc used to hold artist to a certain level a quality and if the artist didn't live up to it we let it be known. Now everybody so scared to offend anyone that nobody has an opinion, if you do it's "Hating" or in this case "Racist":stopitslime:

I say fukk that, rosenburg and anyone else should speak there opinion and maybe these artist will actually try to make good music instead of puttin out bs cause nobody will call them on it.

Regardless of who says anything, they'll get bashed for speaking out.

Rakim says something people say he's old, it's not 88 anymore, the game passed him by, he's just seeking attention.

Jay says something people will say he's trend hopping again, he's jumping on the real hip hop bandwagon.

Someone like Big KRIT says something people will say he's just jealous, he hasn't sold enough to say something, no one knows who he is.

NV-ME

Make It Hot-ta
Daps
Reppin
FiyaStarter
Regardless of who says anything, they'll get bashed for speaking out.

Rakim says something people say he's old, it's not 88 anymore, the game passed him by, he's just seeking attention.

Jay says something people will say he's trend hopping again, he's jumping on the real hip hop bandwagon.

Someone like Big KRIT says something people will say he's just jealous, he hasn't sold enough to say something, no one knows who he is.

difference is those are artists tho. rosenberg at the event should not have been throwing shots at the headliner. save that for your radio show, if you must.

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
the whole thing is ludicrous but it gave the show a talking point.
up at 3/4 am reading about SummerJam through twitter because i'm still on my own timezone time.

plus Flex will use it for his show tonight and you know Hot97 will be playing YM records all day.

the only thing i disagree with is people saying she should have just went out and did the show anyway and with the guests she had gain some respect from Peter... fukk that.. do your show for the gays and girls that came to see you and if she wanted to get back at him she should have did an encore of Starships more times than Ye/Jay did NIP..but they overreacted over an opinion (well Wayne did and Nicki just followed orders and ended up partying w/ Cam, Foxy brown)... Nicki already knows his opinions on the song since he ranted about it before... just go out and if you feel like it, shyt on him and keep it moving.

plus the whole "real hip-hop" tag been corny.. none of the acts at summerjam are "real hip-hop" not even Nas if you went by what these clowns think.. we like good rap/hip-hop music regardless of what style or where it was made.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
the opinions on nikki's music are subjective, obviously. but there's an element of white priviledge here by rosenberg that im not even sure he recognizes.

that shyt was flat out UNPROFESSIONAL.

you dont take shots at a client your employer is in business w/. i have a bigger problem w/ why he thought THAT shyt was cool

By nature hip hop is UNPROFESSIONAL nikkas used to storm the radio station to get there shyt played and DJs wouldn't play it if they didn't like it. Hip hop wasn't even considered a viable form of music when it started. We didn't give a fukk who liked it or didn't we made OUR music. If we didn't like something we did not support it period.

And please stop with this white privilege shyt. He is white and he is privileged, so what all white people are, what does that have to do with nicki minaj, should he not have an opinion because he is white? If so then we need to remove all white influences from our life not just rosenburg .

NV-ME

Make It Hot-ta
Daps
Reppin
FiyaStarter
By nature hip hop is UNPROFESSIONAL nikkas used to storm the radio station to get there shyt played and DJs wouldn't play it if they didn't like it. Hip hop wasn't even considered a viable form of music when it started. We didn't give a fukk who liked it or didn't we made OUR music. If we didn't like something we did not support it period.

And please stop with this white privilege shyt. He is white and he is privileged, so what all white people are, what does that have to do with nicki minaj, should he not have an opinion because he is white? If so thy we need to remove all white influences from our life not just rosenburg .

this aint '85 or '95. that excuse is not good enough. its :trash:

and his white privilege lends to the argument that he may not have any appreciation for lines you dont step over with a higher up. we're not living in a vacuum here. there is CLEARLY a segment of the hiphop community that feels a way about white people that have voices. i would hope rosenberg understood this when he got into the field. and by taking shots at a black female artist, this just comes w/ the territory.

NV-ME

Make It Hot-ta
Daps
Reppin
FiyaStarter
If it was black "DJ" who had said this would there have been any outcry from some of you?

I doubt it.

half of it (it woulda been unprofessional if he was black, saudi, kryptonian), but totally negating peter being white is why we have racism issues in this country in the first. IT IS part of the story here. true or not, some people do feel like white people jump in on our music and undeservedly are considered experts.

Sire366

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Phila
I can't believe people are going wild over this. What rosenberg said was right and should be supported by fans of hip hop, however, it was extremely stupid of him to say and Im sure hot 97 is gonna do everything but fire his ass cause he ruined the show that THEY put together. And for the people saying rosenberg doesn't know, or fit in hip hop, he's an older jew from NYC..... But i guess we can erase all those type of people who would see punk/hip hop shows on the same bill back in the 80s.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
this aint '85 or '95. that excuse is not good enough. its :trash:

and his white privilege lends to the argument that he may not have any appreciation for lines you dont step over with a higher up. we're not living in a vacuum here. there is CLEARLY a segment of the hiphop community that feels a way about white people that have voices. i would hope rosenberg understood this when he got into the field. and by taking shots at a black female artist, this just comes w/ the territory.

Black people crossed that line a looong time ago. We don't even respect ourselves or our own culture. If we did rosenburg wouldn't even be in a positition to have an opinion on hip hop, and nicki minaj would have been laughed out of the industry a long time ago.

Daps
Reppin
New Orleans via NYC
What rosenberg said was right and should be supported by fans of hip hop, however, it was extremely stupid of him to say and Im sure hot 97 is gonna do everything but fire his ass cause he ruined the show that THEY put together.

Word, but really this has people talking bout summer jam and hot97. They ratings gonna go up cause people are paying attention to this shyt.

NV-ME

Make It Hot-ta
Daps
Reppin
FiyaStarter
Black people crossed that line a looong time ago. We don't even respect ourselves or our own culture. If we did rosenburg wouldn't even be in a positition to have an opinion on hip hop, and nicki minaj would have been laughed out of the industry a long time ago.

crossed what line?