Hip hop almost died today and my heart is broken

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Can someone explain how Rosenberg was in the right?

I don't know if it's racist, but his race does play a factor in what he did?

I just want to here a logical argument on him being in the right for what he did?

NV-ME

Make It Hot-ta
Daps
Reppin
FiyaStarter
Letting white people take and controll our culture

lol, we didnt cross that line, it was built in. they own the labels. if anything, while the quality of the music may or may not be better (subjective) the independent movement from the 90s on has been a step in the right direction.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

I just want to here a logical argument on him being in the right for what he did?

He was unprofessional for dissing an artist his station is supporting. But since when did hip hop become politically correct. He was totally within his rights to speak his opinion as a hip hop personality. Race has nothing to do with it

Daps

He's wrong, but it's pretty stupid to cancel your headlining act over it.

H.J.Duck

Superstar
Daps
for those who didn't hear/see it, here's the audio of Peter Rosenberg dissing 'Starships' (they played it on their morning show)

[ame=http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshh9d8D8QorMOLy2kqs]Video: F**k That Bullsh*t: Peter Rosenberg Speaks On Dissing Nicki Minaj At Summer Jam 2012 (Lil Wayne Pulls Young Money Out After This)[Audio][/ame]

Trapped

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't see how this turned into a race matter. Dude could easily have been a Pakistani cab driver and it shouldn't matter. BUT, the issue is, although he is basically right, Starships is garbage, this comes from a dude whose radio station allowed for HipHop to become so fukked up in the first place.

It's like a Nazi general (no race pun intended) talkin' how WW2 was wrong...

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
lol, we didnt cross that line, it was built in. they own the labels. if anything, while the quality of the music may or may not be better (subjective) the independent movement from the 90s on has been a step in the right direction.

Ask dame dash, and master P how to do it your own without letting white people take over. We sold out for money and popularity a long time ago. If we support ourselves we would own the record labels, instead we would rather strive to get what white people tell us we should have. Why do we like maybachs, polo, and Nikes? Cause white people got them and we think it's some type of status symbol when it just shows our ignorance.

Stop accepting fukkary and black people can own and run their own shyt

NV-ME

Make It Hot-ta
Daps
Reppin
FiyaStarter
I don't see how this turned into a race matter. Dude could easily have been a Pakistani cab driver and it shouldn't matter. BUT, the issue is, although he is basically right, Starships is garbage, this comes from a dude whose radio station allowed for HipHop to become so fukked up in the first place.

It's like a Nazi general (no race pun intended) talkin' how WW2 was wrong...

no its not

NV-ME

Make It Hot-ta
Daps
Reppin
FiyaStarter
Ask dame dash, and master P how to do it your own without letting white people take over. We sold out for money and popularity a long time ago. If we support ourselves we would own the record labels, instead we would rather strive to get what white people tell us we should have. Why do we like maybachs, polo, and Nikes? Cause white people got them and we think it's some type of status symbol when it just shows our ignorance.

Stop accepting fukkary and black people can own and run their own shyt

i said since the mid 90s progress has been made. rest of that rant is materialistic stuff that always has and will always be part of rap.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
i said since the mid 90s progress has been made. rest of that rant is materialistic stuff that always has and will always be part of rap.

The rest of the rant was to prove WE crosseed the line and LET white people take over. And name one POPULAR INDEPENDENT artist since 2000. You can't because we don't support them if their not driving a mayback, and only rich white dudes can really afford them. So we need the white man to buy us a mayback, validate us and make us popular with our own people, shyts tragic.

NV-ME

Make It Hot-ta
Daps
Reppin
FiyaStarter
The rest of the rant was to prove WE crosseed the line and LET white people take over. And name one POPULAR INDEPENDENT artist since 2000. You can't because we don't support them if their not driving a mayback, and only rich white dudes can really afford them. So we need the white man to buy us a mayback, validate us and make us popular with our own people, shyts tragic.

popular to what degree? if youre looking for another master p, no dice, but that can easily be a direct result in hiphops numbers going down since that period. but dude's like tech 9 and joe budden have done well for themselves

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
popular to what degree? if youre looking for another master p, no dice, but that can easily be a direct result in hiphops numbers going down since that period. but dude's like tech 9 and joe budden have done well for themselves

Popular compared to artists on majors, and ironically mote whitte people support artists like tech an Joe budden

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

There are plenty of popular indie acts.
Maybe this would've been apt in 2006 but it's 2012, plenty of dudes are on the independent grind, making labels bow down and come to them with record contracts.