HINGE Is The Future Brehs

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
So like I said before I been out the game for a minute haven't dated in 4 years. shyt so bizarre. Do yall really have to talk to these women everyday after making a date? Like I'm really just tryna set up dates get their number.

Had my first flake yesterday. We were supposed to go out for drinks on Thursday and we made the plans last Friday. So I'm busy doing my shyt and the day before the date I message her asking how she's doing so i could confirm the date...no response.

Then I asked her the day of if we were still on for the date she gonna hit me wit some "good morning and sorry we havent talked so i didnt know if it was a for sure thing" :dahell::mjlol: bytch that's why I messaged you the day before. I'm one of those people that keeps my word when I say imma do something and keeps a schedule so shyt like flaking is one of my dating pet peeves. I also missed out on some p*ssy because this other girl who is down to be fukk buddies was only free on Thursday night this week and I told her no I got a date so she made plans too :francis:
So yeah brehs I was little hot bout that shyt
I hate that you can't really tell these hoes about themselves on these apps cuz you'll get banned if they report you.

I messaged her the day before and she could've messaged me at any point to ask for confirmation lol. The audacity. shyt just show immaturity and lack of communication skills.

I got a date tomorrow with a chick who the same age who I hadn't talked to either since making our plans for the date for the same amount if time. Messaged her today and she responded asking if we still good tomorrow like a normal human being and I confirmed. Wish the date wasn't in the morning tho so I could go out to a bar or something tonight oh well.
Messaged through the app?

cyndaquil

Lv 100 Bold natured
Daps
Reppin
JOHTO REGION
Always take it offline was they are reasonably engaged……..
I mean asking for the number mightve helped because you'll always see a text vs the app with notifications off but how would that help when I wouldn't be texting her anyways during the week? She'd just do the same thing. Planning the date was taking it offline.

She could've reached out or checked the app to see if I messaged her. She's the one with the issues assuming I wasn't for real or too unconfident to check in. That's on her lol. She has problems communicating. Every other woman has either given me their number or just showed up and checked the app. She's not serious and probably doesn't even look like her pics. It is what it is.:manny:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I mean asking for the number mightve helped because you'll always see a text vs the app with notifications off but how would that help when I wouldn't be texting her anyways during the week? She'd just do the same thing. Planning the date was taking it offline.

She could've reached out or checked the app to see if I messaged her. She's the one with the issues assuming I wasn't for real or too unconfident to check in. That's on her lol. She has problems communicating. Every other woman has either given me their number or just showed up and checked the app. She's not serious and probably doesn't even look like her pics. It is what it is.:manny:
As it relates to her I get it. I was always of the mind to use the app to get connected and then move everything offline. Messaging through the app is just another level of communication that could derail things IMO.

Last edited:

Lieutenant Daniels

I’m up for Major
Daps
Reppin
Major case squad

Man I don’t think it would’ve mattered what you did that particular girl was going to flake or act funny. It was written.

That’s one of the negatives of dating apps. You’re not real to some girls until you’ve actually met.

On the dating app subreddit a guy had asked if its a good move to set the date and not text to save the conversations for the date, interestingly a large majority of the women who responded said they would lose interest and flake if they didn’t hear from the man leading up to the date. Even if that guy checked in the day before.

I’m like you. I don’t like to do a bunch of small talk just to maintain interest especially since all the small talk took place on the app before I got her number.

97Pac

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I live a very active lifestyle and workout 4-5 times and week and eat fairly healthly. All my profile pictures show me outside doing something active but for whatever reason overweight women keep liking my profile. Like ma'am why even waste your time, you know damn well we are not compatible. Even if I liked big women it wouldn't work because our lifestyles are so different.

Last edited:

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
I live a very active lifestyle and workout 4-5 times and week and eat fairly healthly. All my profile pictures show me outside doing something active but for whatever reason overweight women keep liking my profile. Like ma'am why even waste your time, you know damn well we are not compatible. Even if I liked big women it wouldn't work because our lifestyles are so different.
A lot of gym bros like big girls, especially black ones. Plus, a lot of big girls like a man who looks like he can pick her up.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
I am interested in dating but I broke up with my ex a few months ago. Right now I probably just want some laid back fwb situation or something or short term no commitment dating. I dont want somebody who's going to text me all day everyday. Just meet up, hangout, go to events, bars, clubs whatever. Casual dates. I have two dates on same day this weekend and i was supposed to go on a date tonight but she flaked. All these women want all this attention it's overwhelming

No offense, but you're part of the problem with dating sites. How do you make a profile, put all the work to message people, and then get bothered by people constantly messaging you, talking to a lot of different people, and wanting to set up dates with you? Your wounds obviously aren't healed from your last relationship. If you want to "see what's out there" just scroll Instagram and don't waste people's time

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
No offense, but you're part of the problem with dating sites. How do you make a profile, put all the work to message people, and then get bothered by people constantly messaging you, talking to a lot of different people, and wanting to set up dates with you? Your wounds obviously aren't healed from your last relationship. If you want to "see what's out there" just scroll Instagram and don't waste people's time
Yup. This is why I said don’t take flakes too personal.

You never really know what ppl got going out outside of what they tell you.

Just like ole dude just got out of a relationship, ole girl could still be dealing with someone and they had a fight, she got in her feelings and made a profile (I’ve seen this happen personally)

Some chicks get bored/lonely and make one and then never get back on it.

I’ve had chicks I hit it off with that went on to tell me they were fresh out of a divorce (so they were basically looking to fill a void) :snoop:

Apps make it easy to see what’s out there with out much effort. Leads to a lot more bad actors in the dating pool.

97Pac

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
A lot of gym bros like big girls, especially black ones. Plus, a lot of big girls like a man who looks like he can pick her up.
I'm not bulky at all I'm more cut. A big girl told me that before, but in all my years I've never seen a dedicated gym breh with a female that didn't also workout.

If her big ass wants to be picked up she needs to loose some weight. It may also help her with her cholesterol and blood pressure.

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
Man I don’t think it would’ve mattered what you did that particular girl was going to flake or act funny. It was written.

That’s one of the negatives of dating apps. You’re not real to some girls until you’ve actually met.

On the dating app subreddit a guy had asked if its a good move to set the date and not text to save the conversations for the date, interestingly a large majority of the women who responded said they would lose interest and flake if they didn’t hear from the man leading up to the date. Even if that guy checked in the day before.

I’m like you. I don’t like to do a bunch of small talk just to maintain interest especially since all the small talk took place on the app before I got her number.
This is def one of those big differences between Men and Women. We stacking them up in case of a flake and she needs the constant reassurance that you haven't lost interest.

Mainly why I try to get their phone number and get off the app so I can call/FaceTime and have a more real convo. You will stand out more from doing all that anyway.

cyndaquil

Lv 100 Bold natured
Daps
Reppin
JOHTO REGION
Probably because I'm honest and ask them what they are looking for and tell them what I'm looking for. Just because I got out of a relationship doesn't mean I can't date and meet people.
There's no wasting time here when I'm being up front and honest about what I'm looking for and my intentions. The main issue was the sheer amount of different people to message. I'd usually like to give a person 1 or 2 dates and then move on if it ain't clicking.