Hidden Figures (Official Thread)

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Just seen this movie. Wasn't no wrenching at all man some of y'all some corny ass lames. Had nothing but black love. This was a great light movie, perfect for my lil youngins out here.

I didn't even know shyt about Katherine Johnson until I heard about this movie :beli:

Real fukked up how she's not covered at least during Black History month (when I was in grade school anyway)

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
Saw this last night, taraji p henson is really a great actress its a shame shes wasting it away on empire:francis:

• Dap
Reactions: flo

IronFist

⛩️ 18 Arhat ⛩️
Supporter
Daps
The other night I saw Hidden Figures. This is a must see for all African-American people, especially African American women. It dispels the lie that African American women were not pioneers in the STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) fields. To prevent spoiling this movie for those who have not seen it, I will not elaborate on the narrative. However, I will express my admiration as well as my gratitude for the lives of the women upon which the story is based. Although the STEM fields are still European male-dominated, those women opened the door for women to obtain degrees and work in those areas.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
But I thought the moon landing was a hoax? :troll:

Give it a C- , tho.

Thought it was light & hokey.

The supposed to be "dramatic parts" fell flat.

I guess I'm just over these "We shall overcome" flicks

:ehh:

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
She was excellent. Shame She's been snubbed all throughout this award season. How are Octavia and Janelle getting more nominations than her?
It's a shame because she carried the movie

Ice Cold

King of Blades
Daps
Waits for Oscars to put "Hidden nikkas" on the teleprompter
I remember on fiya starter they said someone called it hidden fences
In Houston on TV they called it Hidden Struggles :dahell:
Funny I wanted to see this movie but my wife didn't, so we watched sing instead :mjlol: her words " I already know black women are awesome i don't need another film to show that"

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Great flick. Just came back from seeing it. Sold out show and I think it's been that way all weekend. Taraji can act her ass off and Octavia and ms monae did their thing as well. Even the directorial choices worked, like showing just how ridiculous it was for her to get to the bathroom on the daily and it built and built till eventually she erupted just like the audience did. Pharrell can be a bit extra on the score though but other than that, no complaints whatsoever.

Also, jonelle needs to do more stuff. It's taraji's movie but I came away thinking more about her character.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
i liked it bu truth be told, it was your average biopic Disney-fied. Matter of fact, it was very Disney-esque

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
i liked it bu truth be told, it was your average biopic Disney-fied. Matter of fact, it was very Disney-esque

And sometimes there's nothing wrong with that. I think for the subject matter, the people involved, and the hopeful tone it had, that was the right feel. I'm sure if Ava did it, it'd be a touch different, but that doesn't make this any less

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Great movie. Paid for it last week but watched Roughe One instead. :lolbron:

Finally watched it today. Standing ovation from a mixed crowd.

Well done.