Hidden Figures (Official Thread)

dabestkeptsecret

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
jerz
I saw the movie over the weekend. And i thought it was great. Thought tariji did a great job. Felt like she really embraced that character.
this was the first space movie ive seen with the main focus being about math and physics and problem solving. The martian had a little of this but they went all in.
I was a little :usure: at that woman learning to program one of the first computers ever, from a book from the library. But the fact that it happened for real, cant really say anything about that:hubie:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Coli men going to sleep listening to Trife Life every night and shyt :leotahha:

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Damn, there are a lot of miserable ass dudes on this site. :snoop:

Ole Colonel Stinkmeaner ass nikkas. Ole hate to hear birds chirping in the morning ass nikkas. Ole hate the sight of rainbows and puppies ass nikkas.
how could anyone have an issue with this movie is beyond me. there was very little "selling out" in this script. no "wenching". bitter people on here.

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
Wish I liked it more than I did. But I'm just generally not a fan of these pg inspirational period piece films with speeches to white people that solve every issue. I can like them, I really enjoyed the pg inspirational film Queen of Katwe, but that felt less safe and a little more ambitious and nuanced in what it wanted to get across. Hidden Fugures felt like exactly what I thought it would be watching the trailer.

I was calling bullshyt in my head during the John Glenn phone call scene but when I went home and looked it up it turned out the scene was true. So I am more positive on the film than I was when I left the theater.

And even if I'm not overly positive on it I would recommend this for other people, especially younger kids, both boys and girls. The crowd in my theater was loving every second of it and roared with applause near the end. I could see it really inspiring quite a few people. It's an important film and that alone made the price of admission worth it. I hope it continues to bank.
I usually feel the same way but once you realize a lot of this was 100 true it mad me feel better.

I loved this movie and the message.

Black Excellence and black love all throughout

Janelle and Taraji killed it :wow:

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
Martin Scorsese' 'Silence,' Ben Affleck's 'Live by Night' and 'Monster Trucks' are DOA; elswhere, 'Hidden Figures' continues to solve the problem and will easily win the long Martin Luther King holiday weekend.

The 2017 Martin Luther King holiday will go down in history as the weekend when three high-profile studio movies bombed, including Martin Scorsese's Silence and Ben Affleck's Live by Night.

Live by Night. earned $2.9 million Friday from 2,822 theaters for a projected four-day holiday gross of $6 million-$7 million. That's bleak news for Affleck and Warner Bros., which spent a net $65 million to make the period gangster movie (tax incentives and rebates brought the budget down from $90 million). Live by Night, which first opened in select theaters over the year-end holidays, looks to come in No. 8.

The forecast is even worse for Silence, which is likewise expanding nationwide this weekend into a total of 747 theaters. The epic historical drama is tipped to earn just $2 million-$3 million for the four days after costing $50 million to make. Silence was financed independently, with Paramount handling distribution and marketing duties.

Paramount isn't having a good holiday, no matter how you look at it. Ill-fated family film Monster Trucks is DOA with a projected four-day gross of $12 million-$13 million from 3,111 locations against a $125 million budget. In late 2016, Viacom took a $115 million write down for the $125 million movie in advance of its launch, a highly unusual move.

On a brighter note, Hidden Figures — the biographical drama about three black female NASA mathematicians who helped put the first man into space — continues to impress. From Fox 2000 and Chernin Entertainment, the movie narrowly won the race last weekend with $22.8 million and is now looking at a $22 million-$23 million haul from 3,288 theaters for the four-day holiday, easily putting it at No. 1.

:clap:

Box Office Pile-Up: Three Major Films Crash and Burn in Same Weekend