Help @Booksnrain Buy a New Car!: UPDATE I GOT IT!

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
@Booksnrain

Mazda is a good economical choice. Also look at the Toyota c-hr in that price range as well. Also the credit union rep was halfway right. Sometimes if they know you’re pre approved they will compete on the finance rate. I went through this and got a better deal with both my camaro and bmw a few years back
Well I do like competition! I’ll give updates on how it goes!
Get a used Prius 2019-2020
Or Chevy volt or bolt

Get a electric or semi electric car save on gas..
I looked at the Prius as well, so they are definitely contenders.
CarMax. No hassle, no haggle, easy trade-in if needed.

The only payment I require for this stellar bit of advice is that your very first song played in the new whip is this, in honour of the Coli citizenry, windows down at full blast, as you skate off the lot:

I’ll definitely be shopping around at Carmax as well.
I watch Auto Advocate on YT. Per their advice, don’t lead with “I’m paying cash.” You’ll get better deals if they think they can make money off you on the back end (via financing). Confirm that there are no penalties for early pay offs. Also, outside of state expenses, anything that is taxable is negotiable. Good luck Books.
Yeah I’m an early payer too, so I definitely need to take a look at the fine print! Thanks!

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah Imma ask the homie to come with me when I make the purchase. I’ve heard many times that women are marks at car dealerships!:mjlol: We don’t be knowing. Dad went with me to get my last car and they knew not to play them reindeer games with him:russ:
He hit em with the :patrice::jbhmm::ufdup:“Nah I ain’t payin all that for a piece of shyt that won’t last beyond the terms of the loan. Lemme see what them nikkas cross the street got?”

:bryan:
But yeah I’m hoping they had an AWFUL car sales year and are desperate to get rid of the 2020 inventory, so they on that Oprah time...
8dfac1c10e32337073404bca7430a49c.gif

Also have a male come when you pick up the car too. Cause dealers try to change the agreed upon price when its time to pick up the car.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@Booksnrain

Have you thought about a Honda CR-V.

I’m just thinking about your resale value. Overall Mazda isn’t as popular as it once was outside of the miata

Hondas and Toyotas have some of the best quality and resale value. Thats why I always buy them as personal vehicles.

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
@Booksnrain

Have you thought about a Honda CR-V.

I’m just thinking about your resale value. Overall Mazda isn’t as popular as it once was outside of the miata
Honda CR-V was my first choice. My extended family SWEARS by them and has kept Honda’s for decades...lol! But they are so expensive, and dealerships won’t budge but Imma see what I can work out...

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
I don't blame you sista car dealers are straight up hustlers. I have seen it all from convincing folks to buy cars they can't afford to getting them to buy lemons.

But yes its best to buy a used car IMO. It doesn't have to be a 10 year old car. It can be a 2 or 3 year certified car. That way you shake off that initial value hit (once it pulls off from the lot with a brand new car).
Hmmm more to think about....:patrice::jbhmm:

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
For the love of God just buy a used Honda Civic. They will run forever as long as you get an oil change every 3 months.

And no matter what car you buy, never ever ever buy the extended warranty they try to push on you. That's just an easy cash grab for them. You'll probably have to say no for a good 20 minutes.

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
Hate to be that chick....
But I’m that chick. I know zilch about cars. :lolbron:What’s the difference....? Lemme go do my googles.:russ:

I mean, like, be truthful man, how you think you gon' feel, right?
You pull up in your 4.0 with your bytch
I pull up in the 4.6 with my bytch with the seat back
Bumping some other shyt, you know, some other shyt
You'll probably hop on my dikk right there, right in front of your bytch
Ask me some stupid shyt like
"Yo, yo dog, what's the difference between a 4.0 and a 4.6?"
Like 30 to 40 grand, cocksucker, beat it

CarmelBarbie

At peace
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
I have the cx-5. Mines gray. Before it I had a rav 4. Only thing that’s annoying is the maintenance, I feel like i get more maintenance then I had to on the rav 4, but the mazda is a better drive IMO. Have you thought about getting a mini coupe country man? It’s a smoother faster ride. My dad got one for my you bet sister and its really cute. Not sure how much it costs compared to the cx-3 though. I actually just finished paying off my car completely.
Oh and have a man go with you when you go purchase, don’t go alone to get it. Lol. Just from a negotiation stand point, I always have a man with me when I’m getting a car lol.

Mac Brown

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-town
Hondas and Toyotas have some of the best quality and resale value. Thats why I always buy them as personal vehicles.

Yessir. The best thing I did was stop buying luxury cars and paid cash for my 2014 Honda Accord coupe back in 2014. Still rolling as a great work car. I was looking at a lifted Chevy Silverado early this year at the time of the pandy but decided to chill and save my 69 grand. I may never do expensive cars again

Sukairain

Shahenshah
Daps
Reppin
Straiya
Honda CR-V was my first choice. My extended family SWEARS by them and has kept Honda’s for decades...lol! But they are so expensive, and dealerships won’t budge but Imma see what I can work out...

Basically you can't go wrong with anything Japanese, whether it's Mazda, Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Mitsubishi, or Subaru. They all build excellent cars and their prices always represent good value for money.

You will get VTEC if you buy a nice Honda, which I'm not sure if that's an attractive plus point to you, but it sure is for me!

:blessed:

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
For the love of God just buy a used Honda Civic. They will run forever as long as you get an oil change every 3 months.

And no matter what car you buy, never ever ever buy the extended warranty they try to push on you. That's just an easy cash grab for them. You'll probably have to say no for a good 20 minutes.

On a civic long as you change the oil the body will fall apart before the engine will go out. And with an automatic the transmission will last till about 300k miles.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
You chose right shawty, Mazda is less popular so it's much cheaper & you can negotiate more at the car dealership because they find them hard to sell. Mazda are mad reliable & the standard Mazda model with many features that other brands you would pay extra for.

Mazda is slept on

My girl had a mazda and her Turbo went out twice, dealer replaced it. Also had a bad issue with oil leaks and since it was a front wheel drive car it was gonna be damn near 1000.00 to fix, might have been closer to 800, but either way she traded it and she got something else. I want to say it was a '15. Had it for 3 years and got rid of it last year.