Help @Booksnrain Buy a New Car!: UPDATE I GOT IT!

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
Yep good response. If you gonna buy a car buy one at the end of the year. You will get a better deal.

Depends on when the new year models actually dropped, and how long the car you want has been sitting on the lot.

Lotta folk think this way, but it's only really true for the last model year cars on the lot.

Son Goku

Daps
My Equinox was listed for about 26k

I got for under 23k

If u really want one, tell the dealer to knock $ off the price...

You're pre approved, it's a guaranteed sale.

:mjlol:

Good luck getting this to happen.

Son Goku

Daps
What is your APR% your credit union gave you?

The reason why you credit union told you not to tell the dealer you have already been approved, is because there is a high possibility that the dealer will give you a better APR%. They told you this because they do not want to lose your business.

I was in the same situation 4 years ago, my credit union approved me for 40k with a 2.99% APR. I went to the dealer and inquired about the car I liked and we started talking about the price of the car and I negotiated a lower price of the car and I also negotiated 9 free oil changes, everything was on paper and then I told them I have already been approved by my credit union and then they countered my credit union's 2.99 APR% with a 0% percent APR.

With the economy the way it is, the ball is in your court.

Mostly this, the state of the economy notwithstanding.

I was thinking about this too. Because I was pre-approved for a house through the credit union but it wasn’t the best interest rate even though people swear by credit unions.
They offered me a 72 month loan with a 3.7Apr on $22k. My credit score was 702 last time it was checked....:patrice:

That loan is :trash: brehette. If you feel more comfortable with them, by all means, but the dealer will be able to blow that away.

With your credit score and the amount being financed, I'd be surprised if you came in over 1%. :unimpressed:

With your same rate a dealer would prolly finance you closer to $40, 45k at the same interest rate.

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
Sister you got a baby on the way or getting married?
Nah my sis and I have joint custody of my mom so I need more space.
She does want grandkids so I could totally activate my raw hoe phase...:patrice::pachaha:
But naaah. I might l look into adoption or foster care as I don’t wanna be preggy during a pandemic. Might gotta do it the Handmaid’s Tale way. Blessed be the fruit. I’m at a point in my life where it would be a good move as I’m starting to put down roots in one area.:yeshrug:

Typical Simp

Chivalry is alive!
Daps
Reppin
The friendzone
My cashapp is $closedmoufsdontgetfed

KIDDING!!!:russ:

But I am on the market for a new car. Credit union approved me for $22k. But I’m looking for a nice subcompact suv/crossover that doesn’t cost that much.

Any advice?
Banker told me not to tell them I got approved for $22k.

Im looking at the Mazda Cx-3

mazda-cx-3-getting-fewer-trim-levels-more-equipment-for-2020-model-year-139935_1.jpg

I would buy you a whole car show with all the money I have, my sweeet honey bun.