Help @Booksnrain Buy a New Car!: UPDATE I GOT IT!

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Take your spouse/dad/brother with you. Dealers always try to get over on me and I think it’s because I’m a black female. I’m ignorant I will waste your time until you give me what I want.

Real talk. Its cause you a female period not what race you are. New and used car dealers look at women as an easy lick. Mothers an even better lick and older senior women as the best lick.

Dealers view women as easier to convience and less likely to ask questions about the car. Outside of how it looks and if the air blows cold.

I say this as someone who knows car dealers. Trust their eyes light up whenever a woman comes in the dealership by themselves or by themselves with their kids.

Orange cream shake

Blessed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
null
Real talk. Its cause you a female period not what race you are. New and used car dealers look at women as an easy lick. Mothers an even better lick and older senior women as the best lick.

Dealers view women as easier to convience and less likely to ask questions about the car. Outside of how it looks and if the air blows cold.

I say this as someone who knows car dealers. Trust their eyes light up whenever a woman comes in the dealership by themselves or by themselves with their kids.
My last car purchase I went in and told them if you can’t make my payment this amount and roll in my current loan, I can leave because I already have 2 cars one being well under 60k miles. The purchase before that they asked me did I want to trade in my existing car for a new one I told them only if it pays my current car off and takes some off the new one as the car I was trading in wasn’t even that old and had just hit 60k miles. I never put money down as I can afford way more than the typical payments I get. I’m done buying brand new cars. The best car I ever had as far as maintenance driving was a 2 year old car from enterprise.

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
There's YouTube channels that teach you how dealerships work, as in what type of scams they run on customers. Here's just one of them

Personally I've never bought a car from a dealer before. Both the cars I've owned I bought through private sellers with cash instead of a bank loan. It just seems so much less complicated that way. You don't have to negotiate or try to work out the best deal, you just name your price and if the seller isn't having it you move on to the next one. You've got all the power, you don't have to negotiate, you just make demands of the seller

This was great!!!!!

CLIFFS:
1.) Car dealers can be pieces of shyt
2.) The internet changed the car industry so cash is no longer king.
3.) Car dealers get their money from the finance department by tacking on a bunch of extras to unsuspecting buyers and trapping them in car loans that will take back CENTURIES to pay off.
4.) So if you go in announcing that you are a cash buyer, you basically signaling to them that they need to jack up the price of everything to ensure they can suck you dry on the front end.
5.) To avoid this don’t let em know shyt! Ask for total car price before speaking to fiancé department. Include title and taxes.
6.) Refuse any silly dumb shyt, fees, and extras.
7.) Then once you have a total you are willing to pay, then discuss payment methods.

Thanks so much for the video! Coli to the rescue again!

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
What is your APR% your credit union gave you?

The reason why you credit union told you not to tell the dealer you have already been approved, is because there is a high possibility that the dealer will give you a better APR%. They told you this because they do not want to lose your business.

I was in the same situation 4 years ago, my credit union approved me for 40k with a 2.99% APR. I went to the dealer and inquired about the car I liked and we started talking about the price of the car and I negotiated a lower price of the car and I also negotiated 9 free oil changes, everything was on paper and then I told them I have already been approved by my credit union and then they countered my credit union's 2.99 APR% with a 0% percent APR.

With the economy the way it is, the ball is in your court.
I was thinking about this too. Because I was pre-approved for a house through the credit union but it wasn’t the best interest rate even though people swear by credit unions.
They offered me a 72 month loan with a 3.7Apr on $22k. My credit score was 702 last time it was checked....:patrice:

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
My last car purchase I went in and told them if you can’t make my payment this amount and roll in my current loan, I can leave because I already have 2 cars one being well under 60k miles. The purchase before that they asked me did I want to trade in my existing car for a new one I told them only if it pays my current car off and takes some off the new one as the car I was trading in wasn’t even that old and had just hit 60k miles. I never put money down as I can afford way more than the typical payments I get. I’m done buying brand new cars. The best car I ever had as far as maintenance driving was a 2 year old car from enterprise.
Very nice!!!!!! Gon head now!

Sukairain

Shahenshah
Daps
Reppin
Straiya
Imagine posting on the coli and driving a Mazda
:hhh:

Tag me when you looking at porches and lamb is

You better put some respect on Mazda's name! This Amemiya RX7 will smoke one of your Porsches and Lambos any day :ufdup:

RE_AMEMIYA_RX-7_01.jpg

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Please don’t get a Mazda. Lately, every car that’s done some dikkhead stuff has been a Mazda. This is just my personal gripe.

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
Yep good response. If you gonna buy a car buy one at the end of the year. You will get a better deal.

Yeah Imma ask the homie to come with me when I make the purchase. I’ve heard many times that women are marks at car dealerships!:mjlol: We don’t be knowing. Dad went with me to get my last car and they knew not to play them reindeer games with him:russ:
He hit em with the :patrice::jbhmm::ufdup:“Nah I ain’t payin all that for a piece of shyt that won’t last beyond the terms of the loan. Lemme see what them nikkas cross the street got?”

:bryan:
But yeah I’m hoping they had an AWFUL car sales year and are desperate to get rid of the 2020 inventory, so they on that Oprah time...
8dfac1c10e32337073404bca7430a49c.gif

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I don't blame you sista car dealers are straight up hustlers. I have seen it all from convincing folks to buy cars they can't afford to getting them to buy lemons.

But yes its best to buy a used car IMO. It doesn't have to be a 10 year old car. It can be a 2 or 3 year certified car. That way you shake off that initial value hit (once it pulls off from the lot with a brand new car).

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This was great!!!!!

CLIFFS:
1.) Car dealers can be pieces of shyt
2.) The internet changed the car industry so cash is no longer king.
3.) Car dealers get their money from the finance department by tacking on a bunch of extras to unsuspecting buyers and trapping them in car loans that will take back CENTURIES to pay off.
4.) So if you go in announcing that you are a cash buyer, you basically signaling to them that they need to jack up the price of everything to ensure they can suck you dry on the front end.
5.) To avoid this don’t let em know shyt! Ask for total car price before speaking to fiancé department. Include title and taxes.
6.) Refuse any silly dumb shyt, fees, and extras.
7.) Then once you have a total you are willing to pay, then discuss payment methods.

Thanks so much for the video! Coli to the rescue again!

Ans don't be afraid to walk away. A lot of times you can get then to come down on the price if you play hardball.