Help @Booksnrain Buy a New Car!: UPDATE I GOT IT!

Smokee Robinson

All Star
Daps
if it’s something for A to B the mazda is fine, or the RAV4 or a Corolla . I used my credit union on my last car when looking . I didn’t tell the dealers anything yet because I was looking at multiple lots trying to negotiate the best price under what I was approved for. Waited til I heard what I wanted then said I’m going with my credit union let me get the check real quick. they was mad af about that but I got my deal...:mjlol:

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
My next thread is gonna be “Help Booksnrain buy/build a house!”
:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:
I have the cx-5. Mines gray. Before it I had a rav 4. Only thing that’s annoying is the maintenance, I feel like i get more maintenance then I had to on the rav 4, but the mazda is a better drive IMO. Have you thought about getting a mini coupe country man? It’s a smoother faster ride. My dad got one for my you bet sister and its really cute. Not sure how much it costs compared to the cx-3 though. I actually just finished paying off my car completely.
Oh and have a man go with you when you go purchase, don’t go alone to get it. Lol. Just from a negotiation stand point, I always have a man with me when I’m getting a car lol.
What type of maintenance?:lupe:Did the transmission fall out on you? Lmao!
The minis are adorable but I want a bit more space.
Ive also heard that the Mazda’s drive exceeding well.

International Playa

Playa with a Passport
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My girl had a mazda and her Turbo went out twice, dealer replaced it. Also had a bad issue with oil leaks and since it was a front wheel drive car it was gonna be damn near 1000.00 to fix, might have been closer to 800, but either way she traded it and she got something else. I want to say it was a '15. Had it for 3 years and got rid of it last year.

Unlucky, I have owned 2 Mazda vehicles. Both of them cost me peanuts to run. All I spent money on was on the annual service, changing tires or worn out brakes, only. My current Mazda just hit 100k mileage & still going.

My experience is with older Madzas 2010.
I dont have experience with newer models

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
On a civic long as you change the oil the body will fall apart before the engine will go out. And with an automatic the transmission will last till about 300k miles.

Big Facts :russ:

Last year i got rid of my 2010 honda civic because the paint was chipping away lol. Same engine and transmission for 300K miles but the paint job would have ran me $2000 so I was just like fukk it, and bought another used civic.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Big Facts :russ:

Last year i got rid of my 2010 honda civic because the paint was chipping away lol. Same engine and transmission for 300K miles but the paint job would have ran me $2000 so I was just like fukk it, and bought another used civic.
Used to run my 93 Civic with literally no oil in the bytch 120 miles round trip all week long
full

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
Basically you can't go wrong with anything Japanese, whether it's Mazda, Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Mitsubishi, or Subaru. They all build excellent cars and their prices always represent good value for money.

You will get VTEC if you buy a nice Honda, which I'm not sure if that's an attractive plus point to you, but it sure is for me!

:blessed:

Yeah when I was in Japan I would see people driving old ass cars FOREVER. Lmao!

Had to do the googles on the Vtec. Sounds very cool!
I’m leaning towards the Mazda or Honda.
Thought about the Nissan Kicks as well!
2020-nissan-kicks1.jpg

In 2021, I’ll have a 30 min commute when schools open. I also tend to keep cars a long LONG time. So I’m looking for longevity, low maintenance, some power and space without too much bulkiness. In my price range....so we’ll see!

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
Used to run my 93 Civic with literally no oil in the bytch 120 miles round trip all week long
full
My cousin still has his first Honda Civic he got when he was 16. He is 37 now.:russ::russ::russ::russ:
We also once kept a Voltswagen rabbit for nearly 20 years. The floor rusted out but it still ran fine.:yeshrug:Ole Flintstones head asses.

Mindfield333

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NC
State employee credit union. They also approved me for a house...but one step at a time...:wow: I need the space for the new additions to my family.
I swear all the housing in Charlotte is overly expensive. In comparison to the Atlanta suburbs by siblings live at

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
I swear all the housing in Charlotte is overly expensive. In comparison to the Atlanta suburbs by siblings live at
Not to mention the BIDDING WARS!!!! OMG!
It’s horrible. So I definitely won’t be purchasing in the city. Besides which, I want at least an acre to build on. I don’t like those neighborhoods where you can touch your next door neighbors’ house when you go outside. I’ll be building in surrounding areas. More land, space and less expensive. That’s my next thread. :mjlol:It’s been a hectic couple of months. But ma dukes will be living with me so I need much more space.

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
I was thinking about this too. Because I was pre-approved for a house through the credit union but it wasn’t the best interest rate even though people swear by credit unions.
They offered me a 72 month loan with a 3.7Apr on $22k. My credit score was 702 last time it was checked....:patrice:

A 3.7 APR% is too high for a 700+ credit score. There are dealerships/car manufactures offering 0% APR.

I'm guessing your car payments are going to be 310

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
My cashapp is $closedmoufsdontgetfed

KIDDING!!!:russ:

But I am on the market for a new car. Credit union approved me for $22k. But I’m looking for a nice subcompact suv/crossover that doesn’t cost that much.

Any advice?
Banker told me not to tell them I got approved for $22k.

Im looking at the Mazda Cx-3

mazda-cx-3-getting-fewer-trim-levels-more-equipment-for-2020-model-year-139935_1.jpg

Cliffs:
- Take someone who knows how to buy cars with you. Salesmen can tell who's a noob, and then you become food.
- Try to go to the dealer towards the end of the month, and on a week day, not Fri-Sun
- Focus on the sales price of the vehicle: not the monthly payment, not the MSRP, cost to own, trade-in value (if you have one), none of that
- Ask to see the invoice for the car and don't offer to pay more than the invoice price
- Don't mention you have pre-approved financing until you're in the finance officer's office paying for the car
- Remember to factor taxes, destination, dealer fees, titling fees, etc. into your budget
- Actually drive the car you are consider buying, even if it's just around the block
- Don't be afraid to walk away. This isn't an exotic or a hard-to-find car, you'll be able to get a deal on one somewhere

As far the credit union goes, see what the dealer can hook up as far as financing goes. If 22 is your budget, by all means don't exceed that, but new car financing can go anywhere from 0-2% on a car at that price, depending on the model, location, and your credit.

Wouldn't make sense to pay your credit union more if you coulda got the same car for the same price at a cheaper financing cost.

Good luck.