Help @Booksnrain Buy a New Car!: UPDATE I GOT IT!

Daps
full

Somebody explain these words to me

:mjlol: I forgot all about that fool

Whatever happened with that situation? Iirc, they found his child locked in the basement while he was live on TV right?

I hope that poor child is okay :mjcry:

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
Thats good advice. You will of course have to tell them eventually, but it shouldn't be the starting convo. Car dealerships ask you about the money too much, tell them to sell you car first before they start :ufdup:
Will do! One of these days I wanna just go in with nothing but cash and be like gimme that!!!
tenor.gif

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Will do! One of these days I wanna just go in with nothing but cash and be like gimme that!!!
tenor.gif

I did this once for my jeep.

In hindsight i would have done it differently. I basically walked in there like "I GOT CASH bytch"

Made myself a mark, i'm sure I could have gotten a better deal if I waited till the end and was like "nah i'll pay in cash thanks"

Htrb-nvr-blk-&-ug-as-evr

Black and not crackin’
Supporter
Daps
My cashapp is $closedmoufsdontgetfed

KIDDING!!!:russ:

But I am on the market for a new car. Credit union approved me for $22k. But I’m looking for a nice subcompact suv/crossover that doesn’t cost that much.

Any advice?
Banker told me not to tell them I got approved for $22k.

Im looking at the Mazda Cx-3

mazda-cx-3-getting-fewer-trim-levels-more-equipment-for-2020-model-year-139935_1.jpg
The CX-3 in that color is an excellent choice. It’ll be reliable, efficient, and cheap to insure. These others are pushing the Honda and Toyota equivalents, but this will be the best driving out of all of them with a much better interior. The Soul Red color just makes it that much nicer. Just maintain it and it’ll last...

Mac Brown

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-town
@Booksnrain

Mazda is a good economical choice. Also look at the Toyota c-hr in that price range as well. Also the credit union rep was halfway right. Sometimes if they know you’re pre approved they will compete on the finance rate. I went through this and got a better deal with both my camaro and bmw a few years back

ultraflexed

Superstar
Daps

But I am on the market for a new car. Credit union approved me for $22k. But I’m looking for a nice subcompact suv/crossover that doesn’t cost that much.

Any advice?

mazda-cx-3-getting-fewer-trim-levels-more-equipment-for-2020-model-year-139935_1.jpg

Get a used Prius 2019-2020
Or Chevy volt or bolt

Get a electric or semi electric car save on gas..

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter

Any advice?

What is your APR% your credit union gave you?

The reason why you credit union told you not to tell the dealer you have already been approved, is because there is a high possibility that the dealer will give you a better APR%. They told you this because they do not want to lose your business.

I was in the same situation 4 years ago, my credit union approved me for 40k with a 2.99% APR. I went to the dealer and inquired about the car I liked and we started talking about the price of the car and I negotiated a lower price of the car and I also negotiated 9 free oil changes, everything was on paper and then I told them I have already been approved by my credit union and then they countered my credit union's 2.99 APR% with a 0% percent APR.

With the economy the way it is, the ball is in your court.

MajesticLion

Veteran
Daps
CarMax. No hassle, no haggle, easy trade-in if needed.

The only payment I require for this stellar bit of advice is that your very first song played in the new whip is this, in honour of the Coli citizenry, windows down at full blast, as you skate off the lot:

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
I watch Auto Advocate on YT. Per their advice, don’t lead with “I’m paying cash.” You’ll get better deals if they think they can make money off you on the back end (via financing). Confirm that there are no penalties for early pay offs. Also, outside of state expenses, anything that is taxable is negotiable. Good luck Books.