HellBlade Senua's Sacrifice [Aug 2017] PS4|PC|XB1

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I'll be done with this game tonight most likely.
I got through hell and am in the mountain/castle. I was getting chased by some huge boar monster looking thing and Senua almost fell to her death in the cutscene.
Now I guess I have to take her to go find "what she lost". My brother beat this game already and told me I'm about an hour and a half away from the end.
That said, the second half of this game is better than the first, but overall, I consider it a very weak game.
Graphically it's great, the voice acting is incredible, but the puzzles....these freakin puzzles are CORNY AS HELL and really take away from the experience of what could have easily been a pretty decent game.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Just beat the game. I actually enjoyed the final “chapter” of the game a lot and I thought the ending was incredible. It really ties in the pain of losing a loved one. That aside, unfortunately 75% of the game was boring so I can’t say I recommend it at full price even though $30 isn’t much to ask for a game with this level of production.
I don’t put stock in numbered systems too much.
I’d say the game is alright. Not complete garbage, but it definitely walked a fine line at some points, namely the first half.
A shame that the actual fun didn’t start until the last hour of the game. That boss fight with the boar was dope and the combat leading up to the end was very fun as well. The game had a ton of potential but their insistence on making the game so heavily puzzle based messed up what could have been a very solid overall experience.