HellBlade Senua's Sacrifice [Aug 2017] PS4|PC|XB1

MegaManX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
holy shyt....was interested in the game already cause it gives off a heavenly sword vibe and i think it's gonna somehow connect to that, but this info makes me want to play the game even more....will be picking it up sooner than later now....

what;s even cooler about THIS is how they tell you. It's so fukked up.

first, your hand starts burning, then its slowly crawling up your arm as you are freaking out. Then demons attack you. You kill them in combat mode but then immortal demons keep hitting you and you cant kill them. They kill you and you start crawling on the floor all mutilated and screaming. As you gasp your last gasp, the burning shyt creeps up to your face until your eyes turn yellow and you look like dog shyt. Then you see yourself looking over your own corpse and realize it was all just you seeing your future. Then these texts pop up saying if you die too much, the mark will spread and if it reaches your head, your journey will end.

I was like OH shyt.

MegaManX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Let's stop judging this "game" for a moment and put some truth into this. This is a scientific immersion into what crazy people go through with Sktizo and other mental illness diseases. They literally had career long doctors make sure every aspect was scientifically correct.

What this game really is, is an educational system to teach people who deal with mental health patients that these delusions are real as hell to the subject. And it can be overwhelming.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
what;s even cooler about THIS is how they tell you. It's so fukked up.

first, your hand starts burning, then its slowly crawling up your arm as you are freaking out. Then demons attack you. You kill them in combat mode but then immortal demons keep hitting you and you cant kill them. They kill you and you start crawling on the floor all mutilated and screaming. As you gasp your last gasp, the burning shyt creeps up to your face until your eyes turn yellow and you look like dog shyt. Then you see yourself looking over your own corpse and realize it was all just you seeing your future. Then these texts pop up saying if you die too much, the mark will spread and if it reaches your head, your journey will end.

I was like OH shyt.

that shyt is wild....yea, def copping this game sooner than later....

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Let's stop judging this "game" for a moment and put some truth into this. This is a scientific immersion into what crazy people go through with Sktizo and other mental illness diseases. They literally had career long doctors make sure every aspect was scientifically correct.

What this game really is, is an educational system to teach people who deal with mental health patients that these delusions are real as hell to the subject. And it can be overwhelming.
Can't not judge it as a game, as it is a game.

But I agree they did a great job trying to convey the feeling of being skitzo(I think, never been skitzo in real life). The voices and images were confusing and disturbing. And I like the way it ended with
her realizing the fight was always within her own head and the only way to win was to let go

The skitzo angle was really the one thing that kept me engaged. I really wanted to find out if those demons and voices were real.

I think the game would have been better as something like a telltale game or Life Is Strange. They could have delved further into the mental angle and they wouldn't have had to make all the shytty gameplay choices to fit the narrative.

Judo

Producer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LevelUp+ 2020 & Beyond
Ninja Theory delivered in this game. :wow:
Defeated Surt. :cmonson2: Do not play without headphones brehs. You get a way better experience with headphones. The immersion in this game is crazy good. The voices might bother you a bit, but it also helps when you start fighting, giving you small hints.
I lost only once to him because I didn't pay attention to the voices. nikka was on fire and when I attacked him, I caught them flames. So, now the darkness is over my wrist and part forearm. :mjcry: They was shouting at me "FOCUS! FOCUS!" And I was like :ohhh::ohhh::ohhh: Started using my focus and gave that nikka work. :shebad: Got back to the main gate, and fight 3 against 1 and took care of business. That nikka with the shield almost had me, but I finished him off nicely a few counters and focus. :lebronok:
Overall, I really appreciate how they have you needing pay attention to what your doing without any help and I really love how there's no UI on screen, giving you nothing but the game itself on what you need to do.
Valravn, you got next on this work I'm about to serve you. :ufdup:

Daps
Just finished and I agree 100%.

It's like they turned some of the worst shyt in gaming into gameplay mechanics for this game.

Being lost, not understanding what to do, repeated bosses, getting hit by off camera enemies, too dark to see shyt.

All seemingly done on purpose to support the narative.

Story/presentation is good. But as a game it's kinda bad. Had to force myself to finish. When I made it to that last look at stuff puzzle I almost turned this shyt the fukk off.

Overall I'm glad I played it, but the game has major problems.

Im gonna be brutally honest with the game..

Sitting in the dark and watching a full walkthrough on Youtube gives you the same experience that you would get playing the game :francis:

cfountain

Wavy Like A Lake
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
What's the combat mechanics saying? Is it good or is it Ninja Theory?
Its...serviceable imo.

Its not in-depth with you ripping off combos but it fits the cinematic approach the game is going for. Especially in the boss fights. Tho fights can feel like they last too long.

You have fast attack, heavy attack, dodge, block(allows you to parry), and melee attack(a kick to break guards). There are some moves you can pull off but its nothing flashy.

So is it good or Ninja Theory...I guess that's tough for me to answer since I've enjoyed the games they've made that i've played(Enslaved, DmC, now this). Its not Devil May Cry, Bayonetta, Ninja Gaiden, God of War 1-3 level stuff here but I feel it fits the game they've made imo.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I guess I play single player games for different reasons then yall do. I play single player games for story and experience. Gameplay is typically a minor factor for me. I love telltale games, life is strange, what remains of edith finch...This game is beautiful and immersive and it has viking mythology which is dope as fukk. For gameplay I play competitive FPS's, I don't need it in single player games.