HBO in talks to license shows to Netflix

pauljerico

Pro
Supporter
Daps
this will be good news for me...hbo go app here stinks big time.. no 4k content:blessed:
:hubie:

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
You're wasting my time lol. Everyone in here knows that when they try to start an argument with me, I'm bringing facts and that's it. But since you asked, here's your link to the article and trust me there are many articles/studies just like it.

There are no facts in any of these articles.
All three of these articles (latest date is Apr 2020) are folks complaining that NF doesn’t released any data.
First you said there is no data about what is viewed on Netflix (see post #52)
Then you said well it’s fact that no one watches original content on Netflix, just look at the data,
I asked for this data that you said didn’t exist earlier in this thread (see post #52), you even disparaged links with info from legit outfits like Nielsen and you respond first with a thesis with no links then with “well just trust me and read these old articles from folks mad at Netflix and you not going to win”
You are the one wasting your time defending HBO when you really don’t need to.
Lots of folks love HBO content and lots of folks love NF content. There doesn’t have to be an either or.
What do I “win” stating that NF has some good stuff that people like to watch without you parachuting into every thread defending HBO’s honor?
This thread was created because apparently HBO approached NF to partner up, not the other way around. This is good for both parties.
There’s a lot of folks around the world that don’t know shows like Insecure or Station 11 exist. You don’t think if NF puts those shows on the their front page around the world that they might get some traction? Of course they will and it helps NF with the if you like this try this and it helps HBO because that logo is the first thing you see and hear when you start those shows,

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Y’all really let the DC/HBO flunkie pull y’all into a straw man argument :mjlol: bottom line is HBO selling off its properties and if the situation was reversed or any other studio he’d be laughing.

but since it’s HBO he (not surprisingly) got the most posts in here defending them like he’s getting paid for it, per usual :mjlol:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
All three of these articles (latest date is Apr 2020) are folks complaining that NF doesn’t released any data.
Then you said well it’s fact that no one watches original content on Netflix, just look at the data,
I asked for this data that you said didn’t exist earlier in this thread (see post #52), you even disparaged links with info from legit outfits like Nielsen and you respond first with a thesis with no links then with “well just trust me and read these old articles from folks mad at Netflix and you not going to win”
You are the one wasting your time defending HBO when you really don’t need to.
Lots of folks love HBO content and lots of folks love NF content. There doesn’t have to be an either or.
What do I “win” stating that NF has some good stuff that people like to watch without you parachuting into every thread defending HBO’s honor?
This thread was created because apparently HBO approached NF to partner up, not the other way around. This is good for both parties.
There’s a lot of folks around the world that don’t know shows like Insecure or Station 11 exist. You don’t think if NF puts those shows on the their front page around the world that they might get some traction? Of course they will and it helps NF with the if you like this try this and it helps HBO because that logo is the first thing you see and hear when you start those shows,
Thanks, his simple/immature posting style needed to be called out. He even states, "I win!" like a toddler to wish it into existence. Lame.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
As the one True king Stannis baratheon once Said, "the good does not outweigh the bad nor the bad the good"

Here are two true statements:

1. Warner brothers discovery (nicca) has the best mature to 15+ (lets not get in the weeds of young adult) library of any studio.

2. Warner Bros has severe debt issues as well as rights issues that cripple them more so than anyone else. It will take a severe decision to exist or even transfer into another model sustainable.

Last edited:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Y’all really let the DC/HBO flunkie pull y’all into a straw man argument :mjlol: bottom line is HBO selling off its properties and if the situation was reversed or any other studio he’d be laughing.

but since it’s HBO he (not surprisingly) got the most posts in here defending them like he’s getting paid for it, per usual :mjlol:

Thanks, his simple/immature posting style needed to be called out. He even states, "I win!" like a toddler to wish it into existence. Lame.

I just gave up after that smug JBO templar daemonova came about and dismissed 14 netflix titles I listed that were decently rated and came out within six months (what TV channel is doing this?) as trash. :dead:

Then breh goes around picking out garbage on purpose tagging me on some :smugfavre:

So now foreign media doesn't count, variety doesn't matter, viewing hours are lies, and netflix can't make content (even though they own a couple of studios that have produced content for them before and they are about to acquire more 👀).

giphy.gif

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
I never said viewing hours are lies, yall have more viewers, yall get more views.

Daily on Twitter I get ppl asking me what to watch on Netflix, no shows this year yet, im am waiting on Witcher. But I recommend 5 movies that most ppl forget.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Netflix literally be having shows and movies go viral and become event tv

what planet do some of y’all be on

They go viral, but not many people be invested in those shows, like they do for HBO...or even the Disney+ stuff.

Stranger Things, Orange is New Black and maybe Black Mirror are pretty much their only ish with a true fan base. Everything else was a quick flash, and didn't even have the staying power of HBO.

The other studios just want to have both benefits for maximum profitability.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
They go viral, but not many people be invested in those shows, like they do for HBO...or even the Disney+ stuff.

Stranger Things, Orange is New Black and maybe Black Mirror are pretty much their only ish with a true fan base. Everything else was a quick flash, and didn't even have the staying power of HBO.

The other studios just want to have both benefits for maximum profitability.
Bridgerton is a major success with multiple seasons and a current spinoff dominating the Nielsen charts. Just not made for guys who are Black or pretend to be Black that dominate this site.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
@AnonymityX1000 @Optimus Prime continue to go around in circles and post zero facts. Neither is very bright apparently. They challenged me on Netflix's data and there are articles right there from the Los Angeles Times and other reputable outlets TELLING you that Netflix doesn't release their data.

What Nielsen and what the studies I posted are doing are an estimate, nobody has a clue if it's real or not, streaming is far too fragmented.

What is true is that Netflix continues to shell out heaps of money for old shows and that tells you there is truth that they need these older shows on the platform because if their originals were actually hitting, they wouldn't be spending billions on Seinfeld and shyt like that, especially when it's a company that has always been operating in the red.

Neither one of you have done anything to counter these points. Nothing. :manny:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

This is all bullshyt. It's a fact that they don't release data. I posted the articles. I didn't say the articles on analyzing "research data" was "facts" I said they were reports. But you and @AnonymityX1000 don't seem to understand the difference between guessing/estimates and what's actually been released, which from Netflix's side is very little and what they do release they actually change up from time to time for what they count as a "view". That's why their numbers aren't trusted.

I've posted articles and podcasts explaining why their numbers are not to be trusted. You have no counter to any of it. All you are doing is trying to see if you can get me in some type of "gotcha!" moment but you didn't because I never back tracked on the original argument.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

Nothing "simple" about it. I posted reputable sources. You posted nothing. You are the lame. You are only in here because you stan these corporations like Disney and shyt and now apparently Netflix. Anything that's a Warners competitior lmao. It's so see through. You are an admitted Marvel stan. You're a buffoon. I'm here to post about what actual facts are. You aren't ready to have those conversations. That's why you are now being dismissive. You asked for the smoke and then you choked on it. :mjlol: