HBO in talks to license shows to Netflix

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
They don't release data officially but since we are discussing reports like you all wanted to and I said "reports" then we can discuss the following:

Netflix is a company substantially built on licencing broadcasters’ archives, and Netflix’s top three shows – Friends (457 million streams), The Big Bang Theory (290 million streams) and Brooklyn Nine-Nine (242 million streams) – all started life on broadcaster TV.

What people most want to know of course is how Netflix viewing figures compare with broadcaster TV viewing. To answer this, we took Netflix ‘streams’ (defined as a programme start on any device) and compared them with broadcaster transmission TV set ‘views’, which were defined using BARB data as 1+ minute of TV set viewing). We’ve called the comparable metric ‘household views’.

So, where do Netflix’s biggest shows, Friends, The Big Bang Theory and Brooklyn Nine-Nine, rank in this list? This is where it gets interesting.

Netflix’s streams of Friends appear at number 12, just behind Escape to the Country and just ahead of Hollyoaks. The Big Bang Theory appears further up the rankings at number 7. However, this isn’t Netflix’s streaming of the show, but the show broadcast on Channel 4. Netflix’s streaming of The Big Bang Theory is ranked 29th. Brooklyn Nine-Nine is 40th.

And where are the Netflix Originals? You need to go well beyond the top 20 to find them: high-profile Stranger Things comes in 105th with 103 million household views.
What’s this? Your thesis? I’m not reading that:pachaha:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
HBO is dumb. disney would NEVER allow this.
The Mouse is already leaning towards it. They'll probably keep their in-house new content, and rent out the backlog. But they're going to tax like crazy. Their problem is the generation gap. Without their vault, they don't have enough content for their current demo to keep up subscribers, and they seemingly stopped caring about their vault decades ago to create modern interest.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Link it. Where’s the link? You know how to do it.

You're wasting my time lol. Everyone in here knows that when they try to start an argument with me, I'm bringing facts and that's it. But since you asked, here's your link to the article and trust me there are many articles/studies just like it.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
You're wasting my time lol. Everyone in here knows that when they try to start an argument with me, I'm bringing facts and that's it. But since you asked, here's your link to the article and trust me there are many articles/studies just like it.

The uk lol

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
list HBO viral movies/tv moments over the last 3 years

netflix Has had more poplar content than HBO over that time period

are you serious? :mjlol: House of the Dragon, Euphoria, The Last of Us, were all some of the most watched shows in the world. Beyond the viewership, they topped several social media engagement lists as well.

I think we're done here. You dudes need to bring more to the table if u really wanna have this convo :manny:

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
are you serious? :mjlol: House of the Dragon, Euphoria, The Last of Us, were all some of the most watched shows in the world. Beyond the viewership, they topped several social media engagement lists as well.

I think we're done here. You dudes need to bring more to the table if u really wanna have this convo :manny:
Queens gambit
dave chapplle/Chris rock
tiger king
squid games
Brigerton
Inventing Anna
etc..

even That show Clickbait was a thing