HBO in talks to license shows to Netflix

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Call me when heads roll over those two DCEU duds

And Blue Beetle and Aquaman 2 underperform

And before you call me a Marvel Stan they've sucked since EndGame except for Shang Chi, Loki and GOTG3
You forget Barbie comes out next month and it's not misogynistic. It's glorified cosplay, it's going to make a gazillion dollars.

Evil dead rises is glorified cosplay and look how much money that made

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Everyone is going to have a major content drought though. I'm not sure why you are singling out Netflix when it was OG HBO who said stop associating us with all that Max Original stuff with a few exceptions. With OG HBO back to running their own shop and with how they are with quality control you are not getting anything Succession level for years with this writers strike. At least Netflix can still supplement whatever they are missing stateside with all the foreign stuff that won't be affected by the strike.
They can can lean on Discovery for content, which is strike proof. Shark week coming up.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
They can can lean on Discovery for content, which is strike proof. Shark week coming up.
All I hear from HBO faithful is “I don’t want to see Dr. Pimple Popper or 600 Pound Life on my Max Home Screen”. For Netflix, at least if I need a random drama to watch that doesn’t have to be prestige but entertaining like the lastest zombie K drama or the newest Money Heist it will be there. I know those are still coming where Max is going to have to parse out their HBO content for the next couple of years.

Last edited:

pez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
Peacock got money forever. They got some exclusive NFL games for next season and will have exclusive live Summer Olympics content next year. Watch for Peacock to make a dark horse run at Netflix's neck. Their library is lowkey strong too with movies and shows you've actually heard of and they've already spent marketing money at. Plus they own NBC and can run a marketing campaign that Netflix can't touch.

pez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
HBO is such a great brand. Renaming to Max is dumb. Max sounds like a low budget store brand. Fire everyone at Discovery. HBO should be the top name brand under that entire umbrella.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Nothing in that article says Netflix is trying to eat off of old HBO content.
Its all HBO trying to get more exposure for their old shows and make some cash and Netflix is saying sure what you got and for how much.

There's reports that most people who have Netflix watch reruns of shows that aren't Netflix produced shows. This is why you see Netflix spend a billion dollars to get Seinfeld and shyt like that.

Everyone knows most of what Netflix puts out is :trash:

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
There's reports that most people who have Netflix watch reruns of shows that aren't Netflix produced shows. This is why you see Netflix spend a billion dollars to get Seinfeld and shyt like that.

Everyone knows most of what Netflix puts out is :trash:
Link to these reports please because you said in post #52 that Netflix does not release data.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Link to these reports please because you said in post #52 that Netflix does not release data.

They don't release data officially but since we are discussing reports like you all wanted to and I said "reports" then we can discuss the following:

Netflix is a company substantially built on licencing broadcasters’ archives, and Netflix’s top three shows – Friends (457 million streams), The Big Bang Theory (290 million streams) and Brooklyn Nine-Nine (242 million streams) – all started life on broadcaster TV.

What people most want to know of course is how Netflix viewing figures compare with broadcaster TV viewing. To answer this, we took Netflix ‘streams’ (defined as a programme start on any device) and compared them with broadcaster transmission TV set ‘views’, which were defined using BARB data as 1+ minute of TV set viewing). We’ve called the comparable metric ‘household views’.

So, where do Netflix’s biggest shows, Friends, The Big Bang Theory and Brooklyn Nine-Nine, rank in this list? This is where it gets interesting.

Netflix’s streams of Friends appear at number 12, just behind Escape to the Country and just ahead of Hollyoaks. The Big Bang Theory appears further up the rankings at number 7. However, this isn’t Netflix’s streaming of the show, but the show broadcast on Channel 4. Netflix’s streaming of The Big Bang Theory is ranked 29th. Brooklyn Nine-Nine is 40th.

And where are the Netflix Originals? You need to go well beyond the top 20 to find them: high-profile Stranger Things comes in 105th with 103 million household views.