Has SZA surpassed Beyoncé? Edit: Her album lapped Beyoncé’s.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Chloe and Halle fukked up by not doing it before SZA.

These chicks got all the resources and records no one wants to hear. No reason they can’t holler at The Dream, Majid Jordan and Sia and cook up something (for a hefty fee of course)

I don't think audiences would buy that from them. IMO a big reason SZA works is because women buy her insecurities and flaws. A lot of chicks identify with that "I feel ugly, he doesn't want me, I'm the side chick" shyt. Beyonce can't do that, Rihanna can't do it. Everything about the way SZA talks and acts makes it clear that she's really about that weird life, whereas most of these other singer chicks have been auditioning for shyt (beauty pageants, acting, modeling, etc) since they were 10 years old.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
I don't think audiences would buy that from them. IMO a big reason SZA works is because women buy her insecurities and flaws. A lot of chicks identify with that "I feel ugly, he doesn't want me, I'm the side chick" shyt. Beyonce can't do that, Rihanna can't do it. Everything about the way SZA talks and acts makes it clear that she's really about that weird life, whereas most of these other singer chicks have been auditioning for shyt (beauty pageants, acting, modeling, etc) since they were 10 years old.
True and SZA lich-rally fukked up her face too.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
yeah Halle's too cute for that
let Halle Fly :blessed:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I'll continue to say it. SZA gave hoes the album they thought Beyonce was gonna give them.
:manny:

Not saying Beyonce's album is bad. I like it. But that's not the vibe a lot of chicks are on right now.
No one expected a SZA type album from beyonce…y’all nikkas just be posting. And they have a lock on completely different age brackets, yea there is overlap but the women who beyonce was the soundtrack to life are now 35-50, SZA is the life soundtrack for chicks who are currently 15-30

Paradoxical Tiger

Head Youngin of CatSet
Daps
Delusion. Beyoncé is literally one of the last artists who takes her performance and vocals seriously. Y'all have to be able to take your personal taste out of these conversations.
We’ve had these conversations before when talking about versuz. Most of the big names of Beyoncé’s era destroy Beyoncé man. Sorry

Daps
Surpassed her? No. Is she more popular with young people? Yes

B is 20+ years into her career. 7, 8 albums

Can't stay on top forever

For B to still be relevant and doing 300k + her first week is still pretty impressive...Break My Soul, Cuff are top 10 hits...etc
True...forget that B first made it big in like 1996/1997.

You got full grown azz college grads not even born yet when Destiny's Child started cranking out hits.

Beyonce to this generation is like New Edition/Bobby Brown to my generation (mid/late 80s babies). Like we know their music but we weren't really "there there" when Don't Be Cruel was poppin. Just throwing rocks in the sandbox at preschool. She damn near Aretha status to the tweens and young teens by now.

FluffyEyes

Mrs. Boss Lady
Daps
We’ve had these conversations before when talking about versuz. Most of the big names of Beyoncé’s era destroy Beyoncé man. Sorry
Big names of Beyonce's era?? You mean her peers of which she is the only one whose music ppl still actually pay attention to(and buy)?? Those women are not only not destroying Beyonce' in a verzuz, ya'll won't even let them(or any of the women from the last 15-20 years) stand on their own without comparisons to Beyonce'.

She's obviously the standard.

Paradoxical Tiger

Head Youngin of CatSet
Daps
Big names of Beyonce's era?? You mean her peers of which she is the only one whose music ppl still actually pay attention to(and buy)?? Those women are not only not destroying Beyonce' in a verzuz, ya'll won't even let them(or any of the women from the last 15-20 years) stand on their own without comparisons to Beyonce'.

She's obviously the standard.
Oh so you’re one of “those” aren’t you :francis:

Roger king

Superstar
Daps
I literally couldn't pick sza out of a random line up, literally cant recall a song of hers, the level beyonce is at its nearly ludicrous to even try to compare the two. They aren't competitors or peers in any way