Has SZA surpassed Beyoncé? Edit: Her album lapped Beyoncé’s.

Coolin'

All Star
Daps
Although SZA has seen success I didn’t think she would see when she first debuted, Beyoncé is a completely different league, lol. Music-success solely, I think she’s more comparable to Rihanna.

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
This generation loves to try to put one of their contemporaries in the same category or even higher than the ones who blazed the actual trail for them to follow. Have your moment and see if you can build off that to get in to the "rarefied air" of certified legendary artists. I am older but this "artist" isn't for me but I also know that this ain't made for a 44 yr old man to enjoy. But I absolutely understand her draw

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
I still never heard a SZA song or at least I don’t know it was a SZA of I heard it…

Daps
Reppin
Bucktown, U.S.A. (Harlem, NY) + 'Cuse, NY
I prefer SZA and maybe it's because I'm young (27) but Beyoncé music just don't appeal to me 🤷🏾‍♂️ her music a little too much for the ladies (and effeminate men, no offense).

I feel like SZA makes music that a man or a woman could bump and listen to and shyt even hood nikkas would rock with it 🤷🏾‍♂️ SZA music is a little more rough and raw whereas Beyoncé music is too girly for me 🤷🏾‍♂️.

Last edited:

Justise M

Superstar
Daps
That last Beyonce album was trash. I couldn't believe it when dudes on here were claiming to enjoy it.

I can't see a situation where a straight black man would ever be riding around listening to that album

The Plug

plug couldnt trust you now u cant trust the plug
Daps
NGL, I thought she would've fallen off as someone that doesn't listed to her music. I remember years ago when she was on TDE behind Kendrick & jay rocc.

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny
Wheres this bytch get off even nameing herself "SZA" anyway? She aint affiliated with wu tang

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
I prefer SZA and maybe it's because I'm young (27) but Beyoncé music just don't appeal to me 🤷🏾‍♂️ her music a little too much for the ladies (and effeminate men, no offense).

I feel like SZA makes music that a man or a woman could bump and listen to and shyt even hood nikkas would rock with it 🤷🏾‍♂️ SZA music is a little more rough and raw whereas Beyoncé music is too girly for me 🤷🏾‍♂️.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland

cuz yall part of the generation where yall feel too cool to listen to r&b, especially women. men used to listen to women singing to them, every man in the 80's had some whitney, anita, and sade, men in the 90's had mary, mariah, toni, and janet, even in the 00's a dude wasn't afraid of some beyonce, ashanti, aaliyah and amerie...but then somewhere in the late 00's/10's nikkas became "too hard" for r&b

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
That last Beyonce album was trash. I couldn't believe it when dudes on here were claiming to enjoy it.

I can't see a situation where a straight black man would ever be riding around listening to that album
I listen to it everyday