Has SZA surpassed Beyoncé? Edit: Her album lapped Beyoncé’s.

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Now, wait a minute; now that could be argued. What do we have here, sir? :jbhmm:

beyonc%C3%A9-ivy-park.gif

:damn::ahh::lupe:
IMG-9885.png

Daps
Reppin
prosper any where on earth
I doubt SZA will be as popular as she is 5 years from now. Matter of fact i’ll guarantee it.

Beyonce has sustained a mainstream SUPERSTAR career for going on two decades now. Comparing Beyonce to SZA or really ANYONE that debuted past 1998 is something a terrible poster would do in a terrible thread.

So yes @Sad Bunny you are a terrible poster
Sza been out since 2013

and Beyonce is a legacy act.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
I doubt SZA will be as popular as she is 5 years from now. Matter of fact i’ll guarantee it.

Beyonce has sustained a mainstream SUPERSTAR career for going on two decades now. Comparing Beyonce to SZA or really ANYONE that debuted past 1998 is something a terrible poster would do in a terrible thread.

So yes @Sad Bunny you are a terrible poster

Daps
Reppin
prosper any where on earth

legend in the making, she write her own songs or got help and gave credits

I know vocally she's not the top standard but her style is recognizable

I know she got work done but so did dolly parton and she's a musical legend

SZA even had taylor swift shook about charting which why Taylor was standing when she got her grammy.

That was a low key, I see you trying to rank up with me.

This music game is like chess and monopoly, when you remove the consumerism point of view.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Peak for peak, no. SZA is more popular right now and that makes sense, she’s in her musical prime, Bey is past hers. But SZA doesn’t have the star power or share of mind Bey had when Bey was on her 2nd and 3rd albums and not when Bey was the same age.

Daps
Peak for peak, no. SZA is more popular right now and that makes sense, she’s in her musical prime, Bey is past hers. But SZA doesn’t have the star power or share of mind Bey had when Bey was on her 2nd and 3rd albums and not when Bey was the same age.

Sza got more classics than Beyonce do, sad to say. I never hear ppl playing Beyonce's hits years later. She makes popcorn music, good for the moment and then out of sight out of mind.

She really could have been the biggest black woman legend in the industry but she didn't get the writers and production team behind her that would give her something that would last.

Even this country album. Folks played it in the moment and now ain't nobody talking about it. It's sad.