Has SZA surpassed Beyoncé? Edit: Her album lapped Beyoncé’s.

Daps
i don't follow her music or anything like that, but is really on that Hippie wave or is just faux Hippie?

i been here since the beginning and would never classify her as hippy lol. she does what she wants and it all works 🤷‍♀️
i think the term for that would be straight fire :wow:

but the thing i was saying about the ring is not about it being a seashell and nature based hippy shyt or whatever. its that she wears it everyday like a normal girl would. i be having jewelry that i leave on for years lol

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
New York City
The other day I heard some teenage white kid mention SZA on the subway, had like me :wtf: IDK if shes's more popular than Beyonce but she's very popular lol

nose hair

Veteran
Daps

Patrick Kane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There's no way she's selling that much. I legit don't believe it. How she become so popular like this when her last album only sold 60k 1st week, now she selling 122k in her 6th week??

Her last album was released in 2016 and she built a massive fan base during that six year run. Chicks were spinning that album and practically begging her for new music during that whole time. Then she put out a few singles that did well and then Kiss Me More with Doja Cat that was a massive hit.

But you can’t really compare her to Beyoncé. She’s just having her “moment” so none of this is surprising with the lead up to the album. Beyoncé made an experimental dance record that is IMO one of her best and most complete albums. They’re in two different phases of their careers and SZA will never be “bigger” than Beyoncé so this thread is kinda silly.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
This isn’t a career comparison, though.

SZA writes. Beyoncé don’t.
it is a comparison, it makes zero sense to compare an artist who is 9 years younger, 8 years into a national career, and in her prime as an artist to someone who is now a legacy act with 25 years in the game, so comparing where they were by age or by album (bey was a much bigger artist on her second album than SZA is RN on her second) makes more sense. SZA hasn't surpassed Bey by any measure

Paradoxical Tiger

Head Youngin of CatSet
Daps
Don’t y’all be saying that bey is overrated and stuff? In a versuz SZA isn’t gonna get washed. Bey, without her fan base and DC, isn’t very much.

I got SZA in 6

FluffyEyes

Mrs. Boss Lady
Daps
Don’t y’all be saying that bey is overrated and stuff? In a versuz SZA isn’t gonna get washed. Bey, without her fan base and DC, isn’t very much.

I got SZA in 6
Delusion. Beyoncé is literally one of the last artists who takes her performance and vocals seriously. Y'all have to be able to take your personal taste out of these conversations.

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
That’s nuts right? 300K first week then 100K every week since then? That’s wild.
It’s a sign of the times, I sense a lot of misery and pain in her music masked under hyper sexuality and I see that a lot with young women my age going into their 30’s who’ve grown up with her music. Not insulting her or them, just seems like she tapped into her base at a great time for her