Has anyone really stopped talking to one of their parents for a long amount of time?

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
This thread explains a lot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

OPTiMO

SamsoniteMan
Daps
Reppin
From the Bay to Central CA
at a certain point cant point the finger at your parents for whatever happened when u were growing up and how it may have affected you

gotta take responsibility for urself, ur a a grown person

muzikfrk75

Daps
Reppin
Never knew my dad :manny:

Me and moms used to stay beefing....things are a LOT better now, but I do need to see/call her more often (my fault, not hers). We live in the same city for fukk's sake. :snoop:

I remember a couple of years ago when a homie called me and said that his grandma died. He sounded all types of fukked up :to: he said to me to make sure I continuously stay in touch with family members because you never know when they'll be gone.

After I hung up I immediately called my grandma :sadcam: :whew:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
I havent talked to my dad in 3 yrs , nicca remember he had a son and wanted to build a relationship when i was 25yrs living on my own, I told him it was too late he wasnt there when I needed him to guide me
cot damn, what was his reaction to THAT? I had a similar story, just a couple of years younger.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
at a certain point cant point the finger at your parents for whatever happened when u were growing up and how it may have affected you

gotta take responsibility for urself, ur a a grown person
:what:

Yes you can, but after a while you have to let GO from the past. There is a difference, that reminder is what sometimes makes us better adults than our own parents.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:what:

Yes you can, but after a while you have to let GO from the past. There is a difference, that reminder is what sometimes makes us better adults than our own parents.

Forgiveness is one of the hardest gifts to give. I tell the people I work with all the time cause they say people/parents have to earn their forgiveness. It's can't be earned its a gift it has to be given. I liken it to waking up in the morning and putting on a heavy down jacket. It's still warm here to carry all that extra weight and heat with you everyday is a choice you make, one day you can choose to take off the layers and be comfortable.

whatthatthangsmelllike

W$GT$
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Long Beach

:comeon: nikka not gone explain shyt?

i talk to my parents weekly
im about to send them on another cruise next year:stylin:

Well my moms was suppose to have custody of me but I guess she was into that party life. She came back in my life for a month in 96 bought me everything and what not. Came back in 96 she was a model or some shyt in she lived in Paris/ New York ( I seem her in some high fashion mags at the time) she bought me anything I wanted, long story short she wanted me to go live with her but I was like nah cuz I really didn't know her them she bounced again. Found her on Facebook looks like she with a Russian dude who is ballin. It is what it is. :manny:

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
cot damn, what was his reaction to THAT? I had a similar story, just a couple of years younger.

I hung up on him after that,the backstory was that he wanted to meet for coffee a couple of times but he was always flaking on me at the last minute(he used to do the same shyt when I was a kid)

The Bilingual Gringo

Tucked in to the socks
Supporter
Daps

no homo* i'd hug u all
damm

Meh, she made her bed, she didn't show up to the divorce proceeding for custody, she ran around on my dad, so that's her decision. We grew apart and when I'm 9 and then moving on to a teenager, if I barely see you, I'm going to grow apart.

Now I do talk to my dad every day and would take multiple bullets for that man.

Demon

Evil b*stard
Daps
Reppin
Hell on Earth
I love my parents with all my being, but honestly we only talk on the phone a few times a week. My pops is 70 and my mom is 62, bout to celebrate their 40th anniversary this week too :win:

My family never hated each other, but we always annoyed each other. I saw them in july and before that the last time i saw them was june of 2011 :manny: (that was unusually long though, I had a busy year in between) I cant go over there too much....i end up getting reminded of how much we get on each others nerves :lolbron: Like 3 nights a week I;ll holla at them for a litte, still always call pops after the eagles games and shyt. I talk to my brother even less.

We are all good, and dealing with each other from a distance has provided a much better, loving family dynamic. :win: