Hard Knocks Life Vol. 3-Will the Defense be up to Par(sons)- ‘21 Cowboys Season Thread

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Jerry goin do something dramatic. He said in the tunnel insuring the frame that this final score wsnt indicative of how dominating the 49ers was. Ppl don’t now that Jerry left at the two minute warning. He didn’t even stick around to see the final possesion. He was that disgust lest and basically didn’t have faith in Dak on that final possesion where he could’ve got the ball back with over a minute left.

There was no moral victory available inThis game for Jerruh. He said Super Bowl or bust
fukk Jerry

He can be disgusted all he wants. Everything that transpired on that field is his fault

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
I'm not even mad at us for keeping Mike cause Jerry won't do anything but hire another yes man if he gets rid of him. And i'm not sure if Moore is ready to be a head coach right now. But if we fail to win a game in the playoffs next year or even worse don't make it at all then it's off with his head.

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
what was the alternative? What was the plan b?

let’s take a look at the Jones family history when it comes to franchise quarterbacks

1. Jimmy Johnson drafted Aikman.

2. Jerry Jones drafted Quincy Carter. How did that turn out?

3. Parcells brought in Drew Bledsoe..

4. Sean Payton convinced them to sign Romo.

5. The Quarterbacks they wanted to take over Dak aren’t even in the NFL anymore.

So tell me, what was the alternative?
In 2020, the team was stupid giving him an exclusive franchise tag. They should have tagged him again in 2021 but this time give him a non exclusive tag. There is no justification giving him 40 million dollars and paid like he is elite and he’s never proven shyt in the playoffs but win one wildcard game.

This era of the Cowboys drafting 4th round quarterbacks and leaning on undrafted quarterbacks need to cease. Don’t bring me exceptions like Tom Brady. He’s not and will never be the norm.

CP3_da_OG

Pro
Daps
I've been a fan for over 30 years. Dak had me fooled his rookie season. Of course we all hoped for the best. But that first playoff game youngin looked fugazi.

If you're being real, you know Dak has never been as good as he was as a rookie. That isn't an upward trajectory. He has spurts like he did against TB this year, where he hits almost every pass and that's where he puts fans in a trick bag.

I live in MD around Skins fans, so I know what mediocre/bad QB play looks like. Never seen a QB who misses AT LEAST 1 TD pass a game. I really was hoping Jerry had the balls to do what Snyder did to Kirk Cousins and let his ass walk.

I said to my bro that he is a black Alex Smith, and that's exactly how his career is playing out. Can produce a couple of good seasons record wise by beating terrible teams, but every time we need HIM to be the reason we win, he isn't.

You dudes who keep riding for him or saying you think we can still win a SB with him are fooling yourselves. It's been 6 years now, youngin is who he is. And for all y'all "if you let Dak walk, then whose the QB?" It doesn't matter. I wanted us to go after Brady a couple years ago, why not? I wanted us to let Dak walk last year and draft Justin Fields. fukk it, any rookie, it doesn't matter.

If you don't have QB you feel can win you a bowl, you need to be trying to get that. nikkas is defending their right to root for mediocre to piss-poor QB play. nikkas sound foolish

Reign X

Pro
Daps
Dak overpaid. If he’s healthy, run more cuz I don’t trust him passing.

Pollard only getting 4 carries is fireable itself. Plenty of other mistakes by coaches too.

lve made a big play at the end. But I don’t think he’s willing to risk his body all the time, kinda like jaylon but not as bad. Gregory’s an idiot. Never comes through when needed.

definitely need to upgrade lg. Defense can use help to stop run.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Yeah been hearing much more Kellen Moore criticism.
Dont get me wrong, he has his shortcomings, but he has been OC for 3 years now. I dont buy the notion that he has been “figured out”, midseason in year 3.

They keep saying, hes abandoning the run, but also are saying Zeke is washed. Running the ball, just for the hell of it is not a good gameplan.

Pollard was 4 carries for 14 yards (3.5 ypc)

Zeke was 12 carries for 32 yards (2.6 ypc)

I mean, Jimmie Ward himself said the gameplan was to stop the run and make Dak beat you.

The passing offense looked its best this year at Tampa and we didnt commit to the run at all.

Im tired of the excuses. Everytime Dak starts playing poorly, they blame the OC. They did it with Linehan and are now doing it to Kellen.

“He has been figured out since the Denver game”. The offense looked just fine in the Falcons, Redskins, and Giants games to me.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Dont get me wrong, he has his shortcomings, but he has been OC for 3 years now. I dont buy the notion that he has been “figured out”, midseason in year 3.

They keep saying, hes abandoning the run, but also are saying Zeke is washed. Running the ball, just for the hell of it is not a good gameplan.

Pollard was 4 carries for 14 yards (3.5 ypc)

Zeke was 12 carries for 32 yards (2.6 ypc)

I mean, Jimmie Ward himself said the gameplan was to stop the run and make Dak beat you.

The passing offense looked its best this year at Tampa and we didnt commit to the run at all.

Im tired of the excuses. Everytime Dak starts playing poorly, they blame the OC. They did it with Linehan and are now doing it to Kellen.

“He has been figured out since the Denver game”. The offense looked just fine in the Falcons, Redskins, and Giants games to me.

The film alone will tell you this is false because the 49ers did not drop safeties into the box to protect against the run even 10 times. They actually did the opposite and blitzed the shyt out of their safeties and corners all game. I would need it explained to me in real football terms how a team that didn't really make any attempt to run any real run traditional defensive plays gameplan was to :stop the run".

Also Zeke has been bad for all of 4 games so who on earth is watching cowboys film and saying "yeah we got to make it a priority to stop a guy who doesn't rush for 65 yards a game."

The center is bad...the guard is bad...the running back is bad...when it comes to the run what is there to commit to?

Kellen has his faults but being unwilling to run the ball cause the center and guard get pushed back a yard every play and the running back has no burst or lateral movement isn't one of them. The running game is a trash ass personnel problem, not a scheme problem, as well as a Jerry Jones problem, which I am sure is the real reason why Zeke was never rested and kept getting touches.