Hard Knocks Life Vol. 3-Will the Defense be up to Par(sons)- ‘21 Cowboys Season Thread

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
Aikman was literally frothing at mouth and :scust:calling the Philly/Bucs game when Davonte was single covered and they wouldn't just throw him the ball
Yea man its ridiculous. You would think Dak would have enough Cache by now to manipulate the offense like Rodgers, Brees and others do. They're able to audible at will and play on the fly. Dak basically runs what the coaches tell him to and doesn't deviate from the plan. Also says a lot of Moore and MM that they would see that and not do anything about it. Whats the point of giving them ipads on the sidelines if they're not going to use the information to get better in-game?

Sonny Corinthos

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Port Charles, NY
We’ve all known what Aikman said to be true. For years.

Dak is allergic to throwing into tight windows. Flat out.

He was a “take what the defense gives you” guy his rookie year. Remember that quote about not getting Dez the ball? Brehs in here celebrated that we had a cool, calm guy instead of gunslinger Romo.

I always thought that was alarming. Gave him a pass because he was a rookie. Fast forward 5 more seasons and he’s still the same guy.

The only times he takes chances throwing into tight windows is end of halves like you saw that terrible INT in the Chiefs game or when we’re down 2-3 scores in the 4th. Or when defensive offsides and he starts throwing the ball with zip like he did against the Cardinals when they jumped a couple of times.

Otherwise, he’s far too conservative and will only throw it to a guy if he has a clean 5 yard radius.

Hence the nonstop passes to TEs and RBs and why people like myself think paying Amari $20mil is a complete waste of money.

Dak could have Chase, Adams, and Jefferson and he’d still be too scared to try them in single coverage, just to check it down to Schultz on a 5 yard in.

I was one of those guys happy to have a calm cool collected guy instead of a slinger like Romo :russ:

Now I see us having a WR1 that should be putting in work like other WR1s. Dak throwing a deep ball to Wilson DOUBLE COVERED was the final straw for me. He won’t take that chance with Cooper ever but why our 4th string wideout ?

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
I was one of those guys happy to have a calm cool collected guy instead of a slinger like Romo :russ:

Now I see us having a WR1 that should be putting in work like other WR1s. Dak throwing a deep ball to Wilson DOUBLE COVERED was the final straw for me. He won’t take that chance with Cooper ever but why our 4th string wideout ?
That comes from knowing where he going with the ball presnap and not reading the defense.

Dak said like 2 years ago that was the difference in his improvement; knowing where to go with the ball presnap. Fast forward to noW and it’s the same issues.

Last edited:

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
SF dumped Alex Smith after he lead them to NFC CG and were a muffed punt away from a SB appearance in 2011 because they realized he wasn’t the guy. Took a chance on Kaep

KC quickly dumped Alex Smith for Mahomes after realizing he wasn’t the guy

LA dumped Goff only 2 seasons after he took them to the Super Bowl because they realized he wasn’t the guy

Philly spent a lot of capital to move up and draft Wentz, he has an MVP year, they win a SB to placate the fanbase and buy the FO time, and they gave Wentz a massive contract. Still dumped him after realizing he wasn’t the guy, just a couple years into his megadeal.

Even though it was the wrong decision, NE dumped Brady because they thought he was no longer the guy

SF was just in the Super Bowl 2 years ago with Garoppolo. After trading for him and giving him a megadeal. Took Lance early last year in order to dump Jimmy G.

GB drafted Rodgers to dump Favre and now Love to dump Rodgers. For better or worse.

The point I’m trying to make is that teams realize that windows are short and you can’t win with plateaued/declining/middling QBs. You have to go for it.

Our front office gave this loser the keys and made him the face of the franchise before he ever did anything and are seemingly committed to him for the rest of the decade. Why? Because he “says the right things,” “prepares the right way,” and beat an injured Seahawks team in the wildcard 3 years ago.

It’s bigger than the OL or McCarthy or penalties. We’re stuck with this loser. Our management is ecstatic to be treadmill and can’t wait for 25 more years of mediocrity while other teams aggressively try to chase success.

Not only are we not trading or cutting Dak, but he’s going to get another huge contract from us when this one is up.
Because that’s what the Jones family does.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
SF dumped Alex Smith after he lead them to NFC CG and were a muffed punt away from a SB appearance in 2011 because they realized he wasn’t the guy. Took a chance on Kaep

KC quickly dumped Alex Smith for Mahomes after realizing he wasn’t the guy

LA dumped Goff only 2 seasons after he took them to the Super Bowl because they realized he wasn’t the guy

Philly spent a lot of capital to move up and draft Wentz, he has an MVP year, they win a SB to placate the fanbase and buy the FO time, and they gave Wentz a massive contract. Still dumped him after realizing he wasn’t the guy, just a couple years into his megadeal.

Even though it was the wrong decision, NE dumped Brady because they thought he was no longer the guy

SF was just in the Super Bowl 2 years ago with Garoppolo. After trading for him and giving him a megadeal. Took Lance early last year in order to dump Jimmy G.

GB drafted Rodgers to dump Favre and now Love to dump Rodgers. For better or worse.

The point I’m trying to make is that teams realize that windows are short and you can’t win with plateaued/declining/middling QBs. You have to go for it.

Our front office gave this loser the keys and made him the face of the franchise before he ever did anything and are seemingly committed to him for the rest of the decade. Why? Because he “says the right things,” “prepares the right way,” and beat an injured Seahawks team in the wildcard 3 years ago.

It’s bigger than the OL or McCarthy or penalties. We’re stuck with this loser. Our management is ecstatic to be treadmill and can’t wait for 25 more years of mediocrity while other teams aggressively try to chase success.

Not only are we not trading or cutting Dak, but he’s going to get another huge contract from us when this one is up.
Because that’s what the Jones family does.

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Yeah

I tried to be positive last week. I tried to have faith. I tried to give Dak the benefit of the doubt. Was hoping he’d show up during the big game and make some throws.

It’s pointless. Doesn’t matter who we draft. Doesn’t matter who is our coach. Doesn’t matter if we go from historically bad defense to 2 All Pros. Doesn’t matter if we have a stacked WR corps.

This team isn’t doing shyt except winning meaningless division games. Troy is 100% correct and Dak isn’t about to elevate or change anything because he’s a scrub who peaked 5 years ago.