Hard Knocks Life Vol. 3-Will the Defense be up to Par(sons)- ‘21 Cowboys Season Thread

Estarossa

Rosé Gold
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
Don’t know why it’s taken so long for ppl to realize this about Dak… dude puts up all these numbers against trash ass teams and during bad seasons he would put up numbers in garbage time when the game was already out of reach to fool the analytics guys into thinking he was still good.

I’ve always argued this IRL with other football fans… Dak ain’ it, never was it and has not progressed at all from his rookie season. Shouldn’t have paid him and it’s as simple as that.

Team goin’ out sad like bytches.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:

In the first half, Romo pointed this out numerous times. He also called Dak out on late reads, and holding the ball too long.

I honestly don't think they practice or watch film outside of normal hours. I think Dak simply practices the plays verbatim and that's it.

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago

That is damning about Prescott. Aikman i think realizes that there are major problems with Dak. Greise said the same last week. Romo called it out a bit as well. Bottom line, he is now at the point where nothing he does in the regular season will sway these personalities anymore. It’s all about what you do in January. They simply have seen enough and also see he struggles against teams with a pulse.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
Aikman was literally frothing at mouth and :scust:calling the Philly/Bucs game when Davonte was single covered and they wouldn't just throw him the ball

You're either going to

A. get a completion
B. get a pass interference called
C. force the defense to roll coverage.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
That is damning about Prescott. Aikman i think realizes that there are major problems with Dak. Greise said the same last week. Bottom line, he is now at the point where nothing he does in the regular season will sway these personalities anymore. It’s all about what you do in January. They simply have seen enough and also see he struggles against teams with a pulse.

That's how I was feeling all year.

The only games that matter to me were the Bucs, Chiefs and Cardinals games.

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
I’d much rather see McCarthy’s offense. Moore can walk.

prior to the game I was looking up Cooper highlights from the year before and the amount of out routes and comeback were ridiculous and Dak only played 4 games.

McCarthy’s playbook gets vertical, there’s pick plays, down field back shoulder throws. I think I heard it on the radio someone said Moore doesn’t have a offense scheme, just a collection of plays and that suck with me every since.

Dak Pickscott

Shout out to Dallas my bih is a star
Daps
The DFW media need to call this nikka out. Im tired of them caping for him

Cavanaugh talm bout maybe hes still thinking about the calf :gucci:

Helman blaming Kellen Moore and the scheme

John Owning blaming the OL
They won't call him out cause he safe well spoken negro that says the right things

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
We’ve all known what Aikman said to be true. For years.

Dak is allergic to throwing into tight windows. Flat out.

He was a “take what the defense gives you” guy his rookie year. Remember that quote about not getting Dez the ball? Brehs in here celebrated that we had a cool, calm guy instead of gunslinger Romo.

I always thought that was alarming. Gave him a pass because he was a rookie. Fast forward 5 more seasons and he’s still the same guy.

The only times he takes chances throwing into tight windows is end of halves like you saw that terrible INT in the Chiefs game or when we’re down 2-3 scores in the 4th. Or when defensive offsides and he starts throwing the ball with zip like he did against the Cardinals when they jumped a couple of times.

Otherwise, he’s far too conservative and will only throw it to a guy if he has a clean 5 yard radius.

Hence the nonstop passes to TEs and RBs and why people like myself think paying Amari $20mil is a complete waste of money.

Dak could have Chase, Adams, and Jefferson and he’d still be too scared to try them in single coverage, just to check it down to Schultz on a 5 yard in.

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
I’d much rather see McCarthy’s offense. Moore can walk.

prior to the game I was looking up Cooper highlights from the year before and the amount of out routes and comeback were ridiculous and Dak only played 4 games.

McCarthy’s playbook gets vertical, there’s pick plays, down field back shoulder throws. I think I heard it on the radio someone said Moore doesn’t have a offense scheme, just a collection of plays and that suck with me every since.

I'm not sure McCarthy wants to run his offense. Broaddus and others have hinted that he's lazy and should have stepped in to take over from Moore weeks ago and hasn't.

See my thing is this (floyd mayweather voice)... if you're an offensive minded coach, you need to run your offense. Far as I can tell, Mike is in the meetings, he's on the headset, he's got a playsheet during games. If Moore was running something he didn't like, he would dead it. So I can't just call this Moore's offense.

I can see one of three realistic scenarios:

1. Jerry forced KM on MM, but he really hates it and wants to take over.

2. Jerry forced KM on MM and MM grew to love the arrangement and having to do less work in preparation and gameday

3. Jerry let MM choose and MM legitimately liked and wanted to keep KM.

I can see 2 or 3 being true.. the fact is MM was interviewing for other jobs in 2020. It's possible and even likely he would have gotten some other job if not Dallas, and so if running his offense was that important to him and Jerry has a gun to his head to keep KM, then I think he would have just taken one of those other jobs.

The one thing about Mike you have to realize is he's a con artist. All that yappin he was doing in that NBC interview in the offseason about how he watched every second of every NFL game to prepare for his return? How he was gonna bring in a whole analytics department? Pure cap, and he admitted it in his first press conference. Jerry fell for that shyt. So I can't really trust anything Mike may say or do at this point.

And I could believe any scenario about this offense and his level of involvement. And I could also believe that he has his hands heavy in the offense and is using KM to mask it so he takes the heat and not MM.

Last edited: