Hard Knocks Life Vol. 3-Will the Defense be up to Par(sons)- ‘21 Cowboys Season Thread

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Everything in his scouting report rings true today

Weaknesses
  • Beat up this year thanks to poor protection
  • When he wasn't being sacked, he was being hit hard
  • Not as competitive a rusher in 2015
  • Sacks and usage in run game might be taking a toll
  • Increase in short pass attempts from 86 to 208 this year reason for higher completion numbers
  • Accuracy on intermediate and deep throws dropped sharply
  • Pocket poise has been compromised
  • Hyper aware of pressure around him and lacks awareness to slide and find temporary shelter to make throw
  • Concern over pressure too often trumps ability to get through progressions
  • Must speed up the pace of his reads
  • Footwork is a mess
  • Slight stride onto stiff upper leg with little weight shift
  • Restricted follow through and too often tries to muscle throws with upper body
  • Throws to target rather than leading or throwing them open on short/intermediate throws
  • Too respectful of underneath coverage and must be more willing to challenge the defense
  • Needs to improve anticipation

And all teams have to do is collapse the pocket

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
We waited 10+ years for a defense like this. For Dak to fall apart, now...NOW is some truly cruel shyt to endure as a fan.

Would have been nice to see this D paired with a running game before Dallas brought struggle cuts back to the NFL in a #21 jersey :francis:

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Breh this isnt Dak falling apart

This is him playing like he always has outside of the division
Naw bro what we're witnessing now is worse. He didn't play like this in TB. He wasn't great vs the Chargers, but he was better than this. He didn't look this uncomfortable and confused earlier in the season or last year or the year before. The collapse we are witnessing since the Denver game is something completely different. Remember at that time I was pointing out how he even sounded different in press conferences. Something strange is going on bro. I know you've always said Dak is trash, but you have to admit this last 2 months is the worst he's played in his career. Before he would just miss big boy passes. Now he's so erratic and hesitant he's missing on comebacks and passes to the flat.

I've never seen a player inexplicably fall off like this in the middle of the season.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
Dak Prescott is the biggest reason this offense sucks...

Schultz is right below him.

He's been rewarded all year with targets, and he can't block for shyt. If I was Zeke, I would tell Dak and Kellen Moore to stop calling plays for him. If I was McCarthy, I would decrease his snaps by 80%. If Dallas can't run the ball, this offense won't succeed. Play action won't work.

They called a running play what would've led to a big gain, but Schulz whiffed on a block and was just standing there on one knee looking stupid while Zeke got tackled in the background.

This is why I think Kellen Moore is still using Garrett's playbook. And I find it odd that when Gallup goes down and Cedric Wilson goes into Cee Dee's role, he's getting targets.

The first two games of the season were also a prelude to what has been going on for the past few months. Dallas allows the defense to dictate what they do on offense and not the other way around.

Dak, also shows his hand when he's calls his audibles. When the defense knows what you're switching into that's a problem.

So then it becomes a question of is Kellen Moore that bad, or is Dak fukking up everything. They've been together way too long to be making the same mistakes over and over and over and over again. Defenses pick up on what they try to do easily.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Naw bro what we're witnessing now is worse. He didn't play like this in TB. He wasn't great vs the Chargers, but he was better than this. He didn't look this uncomfortable and confused earlier in the season or last year or the year before. The collapse we are witnessing since the Denver game is something completely different. Remember at that time I was pointing out how he even sounded different in press conferences. Something strange is going on bro. I know you've always said Dak is trash, but you have to admit this last 2 months is the worst he's played in his career. Before he would just miss big boy passes. Now he's so erratic and hesitant he's missing on comebacks and passes to the flat.

I've never seen a player inexplicably fall off like this in the middle of the season.

yep dak is back doing that happy feet shyt again.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Dak Prescott is the biggest reason this offense sucks...

Schultz is right below him.

He's been rewarded all year with targets, and he can't block for shyt. If I was Zeke, I would tell Dak and Kellen Moore to stop calling plays for him. If I was McCarthy, I would decrease his snaps by 80%. If Dallas can't run the ball, this offense won't succeed. Play action won't work.

They called a running play what would've led to a big gain, but Schulz whiffed on a block and was just standing there on one knee looking stupid while Zeke got tackled in the background.

This is why I think Kellen Moore is still using Garrett's playbook. And I find it odd that when Gallup goes down and Cedric Wilson goes into Cee Dee's role, he's getting targets.

The first two games of the season were also a prelude to what has been going on for the past few months. Dallas allows the defense to dictate what they do on offense and not the other way around.

Dak, also shows his hand when he's calls his audibles. When the defense knows what you're switching into that's a problem.

So then it becomes a question of is Kellen Moore that bad, or is Dak fukking up everything. They've been together way too long to be making the same mistakes over and over and over and over again. Defenses pick up on what they try to do easily.
We knew Schultz couldn't block last year. I blame the FO for letting it persist this year.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
:lupe: U know shyt was bad when EVF stops defending Dak :lupe:

It's the deer in headlights look that he gives when things aren't going well. Like he's about to start crying. No confidence. 2016 Dak wasn't like that. He would look mad. The eyes don't lie. He can keep that "we'll see them again" talk for someone who don't know any better. Shut the fukk up, and stop fukking looking scared all the damn time. Even the defense can sense his bytchassness. And it's like a fukking virus.