Hard Knocks Life Vol. 3-Will the Defense be up to Par(sons)- ‘21 Cowboys Season Thread

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
My 2 cents.

- For what it's worth, the offense was more dynamic when Gallup was out. When he came back, his presence was part of the offense floundering. Dak has a better rapport with Cedric Wilson and it showed. Gallup wasn't meant to be the third WR. And to be honest, he was drafted specifically to be a Dez Bryant Part 2. That doesn't work well with Dak's style of play.

- Glad to see they at least went to Bossman Fat once Lewis kept getting burned. Hopefully this trend continues.

- Dak Prescott is the MAIN reason why the offense stalls. The fact that his TE's don't hold blocks, and his offensive line keeps making dumb holding penalties, speaks to how Dak holds them accountable. Leadership don't mean shyt, if the guys you're leading keep making the same mistakes.

Lastly, this team does not no how to deal with adversity. And you can't even blame the coaches. It's the organization and everything that comes with playing with the Dallas Cowboys. It's the media, it's the attention.

This can't just be a normal game. Every time Dallas plays, they suck the air out of the room. It's tiring. Teams give extra special attention to the Cowboys because of the attention they give and all the talk they get over and over and over and over and over again.

I'm tired of the attention.

Dak is an average QB. He's Joe Flacco status to me at this point. He doesn't step up when the stakes are high, and when he actually does, most of the time it's too little too late, or he follows it up with shyt.

The Dak + Zeke experience needs to be done with. It's a good thing he only wanted 4 years instead of 5. He's not a killer. And he celebrates TD's like he's never been there before. Minor victories when you've played like shyt ring hollow to me.

Shout out to LVE. He played his best game in the long time. Maybe his agent told him, Dallas is probably his only shot at cashing in. Maybe Jaylon Smith told him, he better stay, because, life is hard outside the comfy confines of Frisco.
:lupe: U know shyt was bad when EVF stops defending Dak :lupe:

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
@*DalMem* is right. Dak is a bytch. He plays the same way now as he always has. Scared. Conservative. Uncertain. Slow.

Only time he takes chances is when we’re down 2+ scores in the second half and he goes into YOLO mode knowing he’s not throwing the game away with mistakes… because the game is already over.

This WR corps has been wasted all season because we have a timid noodle arm leading our offense. Oh, and he also has no touch, pocket presence, struggles to get the ball over linemen, and lacks instincts on when to take off and run.

I’m sick of watching this guy. At least Romo took chances. Defenses should just line up all 11 guys on the line and tell them to just stand with their hands up. Our $160mil man will struggle to complete 3 out of 30 passes.

Too petrified to EVER try and challenge DBs in single coverage.

Disgusting. Get this bytch off my team :hhh:
This is the main reason why im not a fan, never have been a fan, and never will be a fan of his…

He is Alex Smith. A see it open and then throw it QB. He wont take chances. He is deathly afraid of INTs and thats why his passer rating is always at the top of the league.

He doesnt trust his arm to make tough throws. He doesnt process the field fast enough. Add in horrible mechanics and questionable IQ and you get the results we have seen for the last 6 seasons.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Everything in his scouting report rings true today

Weaknesses
  • Beat up this year thanks to poor protection
  • When he wasn't being sacked, he was being hit hard
  • Not as competitive a rusher in 2015
  • Sacks and usage in run game might be taking a toll
  • Increase in short pass attempts from 86 to 208 this year reason for higher completion numbers
  • Accuracy on intermediate and deep throws dropped sharply
  • Pocket poise has been compromised
  • Hyper aware of pressure around him and lacks awareness to slide and find temporary shelter to make throw
  • Concern over pressure too often trumps ability to get through progressions
  • Must speed up the pace of his reads
  • Footwork is a mess
  • Slight stride onto stiff upper leg with little weight shift
  • Restricted follow through and too often tries to muscle throws with upper body
  • Throws to target rather than leading or throwing them open on short/intermediate throws
  • Too respectful of underneath coverage and must be more willing to challenge the defense
  • Needs to improve anticipation

CaughtInTWebb

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Big D, Texas
I’ll be back in here tomorrow…..

Aftwr every game we lose it’s hell in here…..

Every game they’ve lost, minus the Denver game, has been winnable and they shoot themselves in the foot….penalties, missed kicks by Greg (he needs to go), lack of a running game, and a meh play by Dak is killing us….

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
I’ll be back in here tomorrow…..

Aftwr every game we lose it’s hell in here…..

Every game they’ve lost, minus the Denver game, has been winnable and they shoot themselves in the foot….penalties, missed kicks by Greg (he needs to go), lack of a running game, and a meh play by Dak is killing us….
We've lost every game Greg missed a FG in.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
I think we all on the same page after this game.
The last month we've waited on pins and needles for this offense to "wake up". I think today we've accepted that they are what they are. They aren't waking up. And we will need to win in spite of them in the playoffs.