Han Solo: A Star Wars Story [Official Thread] (2018)

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Rogue One was more pointless than any character prequel that's been rumored.
A Vader movie isn't even needed

Neither is a boba fett

Rogue one was their last good move
This is the current problem with starwars. People can't decide what would be good spinoffs.
Personally a prime vader movie would be piff to me.
I agree about the Boba fett movie, they should've made him the villian in the Solo movie imo. Thats the only way a solo movie would work. Make is a solo/fett movie all in one. Boba doesn't need his own movie. Mostly because he died like an extra in return of jedi and you they would make him OP if he starred in his flick which would then make it a big plot hole.
Rogue one was fire. If you don't like that you probably weren't a fan of OG trilogy until after all the prequels came out.
also obi wan movie will either suck or be good but introduce a whole bunch of plot holes into the OG trilolgy, better to leave that alone.

Last edited:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
I watched Rogue One for the first time since the theater last night. I liked it when i saw it, but once the hype cleared, i looked back on it and I've basically been shytting on it since. I've called it a "2 hour delivery system for 2 minutes of Darth Vader." well after watching it again... yeah, that's all it is. It's extremely boring for the most part before act 3, and the only redeeming quality is seeing an AT-AT batttle on a beach. Fake Jedi Chinese guy and KTSO are borderline great characters, but it doesn't even matter b/c they're irrelevant to the overall Star Wars picture. The entire point and mission of this movie was pointless. It's the Nikki and Paolo episode of LOST of Star Wars.

oh and people keep telling me this Ben Mendohlson is an amazing actor... still waiting to see him in a memorable role. Didn't watch Bloodline, so don't throw that at me. In movies, the dude hasn't left a mark on me at all.

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
I watched Rogue One for the first time since the theater last night. I liked it when i saw it, but once the hype cleared, i looked back on it and I've basically been shytting on it since. I've called it a "2 hour delivery system for 2 minutes of Darth Vader." well after watching it again... yeah, that's all it is. It's extremely boring for the most part before act 3, and the only redeeming quality is seeing an AT-AT batttle on a beach. Fake Jedi Chinese guy and KTSO are borderline great characters, but it doesn't even matter b/c they're irrelevant to the overall Star Wars picture. The entire point and mission of this movie was pointless. It's the Nikki and Paolo episode of LOST of Star Wars.

oh and people keep telling me this Ben Mendohlson is an amazing actor... still waiting to see him in a memorable role. Didn't watch Bloodline, so don't throw that at me. In movies, the dude hasn't left a mark on me at all.
You just keep taking L's wasting your time way watching movies you know you aren't gonna like. I couldn't imagine watching any fast n furious instead of the original personally. Feels good to not waste my time

Conz

Superstar
Daps
You just keep taking L's wasting your time way watching movies you know you aren't gonna like. I couldn't imagine watching any fast n furious instead of the original personally. Feels good to not waste my time
i wouldn't consider Star Wars movies "movies I won't like" though. and i still like them, they're just average. I feel the same way about Last Jedi. liked it for the most part, then in hindsight it keeps getting worse. gonna be on Netflix soon so I'm gonna give it another view to see

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
i wouldn't consider Star Wars movies "movies I won't like" though. and i still like them, they're just average. I feel the same way about Last Jedi. liked it for the most part, then in hindsight it keeps getting worse. gonna be on Netflix soon so I'm gonna give it another view to see
I think that's the best thing about them in a way. A majority of people I know loved TLJ. they've liked all the new ones. I know people who's favorite is Revenge of the Sith n they like prequels. Can't really tell anybody I think they're wrong cuz its up to them in the end. My nephews love them all n that's when I found them was childhood so I think they're doing a good job with them. TLJ surpassed ROTJ as my favorite one n it's for a reason other than movie making. So I hope 9 expands on it even further

Standing on business

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Rouge was a great movie and lead perfectly up to ANH, seeing Princess Leia step dad and others was a Star Wars treat, last we saw of him was in ROTS flying yoda away. Too bad Vader blew him and his whole planet up in ANH
:mjcry:

A Vader and boba fett film could both be great if done right. I'm tired of SW fan complaining about everything, this is the only franchise where the fans don't like anything. They hate the prequels, they hate all the new movies, and half of them hated ESB.

TigerLord

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Saw this last week which was strange. Usually I’m geeked up to see any new Star Wars stuff. Just was kind of putting it off out of not wanting them to make this movie in the first place. Han died on that bridge to me.

Harrison Ford played his roles with a macho swagger. New dude was feminine. I get that he was a young Solo but really wasn’t in the ballpark of who Han was imo. Didn’t feel true to the character. Was dope seeing how he met Chewie, how he got the Falcon, met Lando but wish they left it alone.

Should have just took up Malak and Revan and done an Old Republic trilogy. Something that could be Star Wars but would be separate.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
tumblr_p9t9e0GlPx1rvya9ro2_500.png

blankstairz

Superstar
Daps
Movie was not bad, but it was not good.

I thought Emilia was alright in the flick. :yeshrug:

The guy playing Han just had that permanent smirk on his face the whole time. Didn't really bring much to the table.

Glover just did a Billy Dee impersonation. :francis:

Woody played Woody in the movie. :francis:

Thought the highlight was Bettany's character. Played a great villain, with little he had to work with. They need a villain like that in Episode IX.

Most of the jokes fell flat. Only funny part in the movie was when Lando flew off and left them on the island after Han was talking that sh*t about reinforcements. :mjgrin:

The droid. :snoop:

The droid and Lando....:martin:

97% of the movie was :russell:

The last 3% was :leon:

dubsmith_nz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Aotearoa
Finally got round to seeing this, went in with low expectations and actually enjoyed it. Still not sure if it was necessary but it was a good action / comedy flick, a solid 6 or 7.

I but saw the box office numbers though, damn they're low :snoop:

Wall

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Hong Kong

This is the truth about Rogue One. The third act is as good as anything outside of the OT but man does the first hour or so of this DRAG on rewatches.

The last time I tried I ended up turning it off and then pushed myself to go back and just skipped right to scarif

Brad Piff

The Money & The Miles
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
finally saw this movie a couple days ago
wanted to catch it before it left theaters

man i dont know what the fukk peoples problem with this movie was
i enjoyed it from beginning to end :manny:

han solo looked a little bit like leo dicaprio
khaleesi did her thing

im kinda pissed it didnt make a ton of money because i want them to keep making these movies, but they should space them out a little more.. maybe one every year and a half or two..

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)

The problem with all these new star wars movies is they aren't giving fans the shyt they wanna see. Jedi's and light saber duals. Especially the spinoff movies which barely feel like start wars movies if not for maybe one or two recognizable OG characters.

blankstairz

Superstar
Daps
The problem with all these new star wars movies is they aren't giving fans the shyt they wanna see. Jedi's and light saber duals. Especially the spinoff movies which barely feel like start wars movies if not for maybe one or two recognizable OG characters.

But they got that with the prequels and the fans sh*tted on em though. :hubie: