Han Solo: A Star Wars Story [Official Thread] (2018)

jmegamar

On the Come up Member
Daps
Just saw it yesterday. Was meh. I actually liked lando in this. Seemed like the guy playing Han tried too hard to channel Ford and be tough and uncaring. That was one of the points of the movie though. Rogue one is still my favorite of any of the new movies. Could see the "crimson dawn" cameo coming from nearly the beginning.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
man, no one gives a fukk about how Lando met Lobot and Nien Nub. fukk these origin/prequel movies. just go make up a new Jedi from thin air and put him on an alien prison planet or some shyt and make a "cool" movie without the crutch of references to characters only superdorks know from collecting action figures

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
man, no one gives a fukk about how Lando met Lobot and Nien Nub. fukk these origin/prequel movies. just go make up a new Jedi from thin air and put him on an alien prison planet or some shyt and make a "cool" movie without the crutch of references to characters only superdorks know from collecting action figures

I have to admit, I kind of like they fact that we got a movie with no reference to "The Force" or the Jedi. What I think I would like to see is a Hutt mafia movie.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Man, that prequel was....very, very prequel.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
I have to admit, I kind of like they fact that we got a movie with no reference to "The Force" or the Jedi. What I think I would like to see is a Hutt mafia movie.
what's funny is i thought i wanted this, but then i saw it and I'll never think of it again. Star Wars fans - including myself - have no friggin idea what they want, but i don't think prequel origins for every established character is the way to do. expand the friggin universe now before people bail entirely.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
what's funny is i thought i wanted this, but then i saw it and I'll never think of it again. Star Wars fans - including myself - have no friggin idea what they want, but i don't think prequel origins for every established character is the way to do. expand the friggin universe now before people bail entirely.

A prequel for Han isnt an inherently bad idea...but it cant just constant winking at the audience. And it cant give Han an arc that duplicates and essentially steps all over the arc we've already seen for him in the "future"

I really wish we woulda got the Lord and Miller version. Sounds like they were at least taking some chances with the character. I'm wondering if they made him too unlikable for Kennedy to sign off on. Which given the Han we meet in ANH, was the proper story to tell

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
:mjlol:
k0RyK.gif

ryda518

Randy Orton=Legend Killer
Daps
Reppin
bx all day
Now I just watched episode 4 to catch all of the references

I started laughing when C3p0 was not allowed in the bar. L3 would have fukked up the bartender:hhh:

Also realized Chewie lost playing the hologram game the same way as he did in Solo

I'm sure there's more but I have to find a video

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin

I 'm truly satisfied with darth sidious era star wars universe ,clone wars and rebels completed me, I would like to see some shyt that is a 1000's years ago, they would fukk that up too tho :yeshrug:

and these a$$hole still haven't explained Supreme Leader Snoke :hhh: