Halloween Kills & Halloween Ends Official Thread Sometime In the Future

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
But that’s the point. Laurie spent 40 years obsessed with someone who isn’t obsessed with her. And she drove away her family, became a wreck and suffered as a result.

It makes her more Loomis than Loomis was. Michael is the shark in jaws. He just does what he does. Making them siblings is wack to me because it means as long as I stay away from Laurie or any strode relative, I’m good. I’m safe. It gives motivation to him and makes Michael less scary.

If he’s more like a shark just randomly going after whoever for whatever reason his instinct says, that’s scarier for me. I never liked the sibling storyline (and neither did Carpenter when he wrote it in drunk mode) and I think the series has a bit more purity without it.
When they originally said they were going to remove the sibling aspect between Laurie and Michael I was cool with it but after two movies I think that all they did was replace one obsession for Michael with another by having him obsessed with his childhood home and always returning to his bedroom to stare out the same window. Which makes the police in this town look even dumber that they completely ignored sending even one car to just watch Michael's house in case he "went home".
At least with Laurie as his sister we got another human being to play the connection out with Michael but now we just have an inanimate object that gives us nothing.
I agree the family connection got stupid when they had Michael obsessing over eradicating anyone with even a drop of Myers blood in them but just the idea of this evil killing machine being obsessed with finishing the job of killing his whole family actually works.
Because with Laurie being his sister removed from the equation they had the opportunity to have Michael steal a car with a full tank of gas and drive to an entirely new town to do his killing instead of the, frankly weak ass fukk, conceit of his old house being the thing that calls to him like he built the place with his bare hands or something.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Can't they blow this cac up like they did Jason and call it a day...:heh:
The people of Haddonfield should've pooled their money together and hired the good homie Creighton Duke to come in and handle the job for them.

ed8efbc83526176425c4d01caae0d62724f8de16.gifv

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
When they originally said they were going to remove the sibling aspect between Laurie and Michael I was cool with it but after two movies I think that all they did was replace one obsession for Michael with another by having him obsessed with his childhood home and always returning to his bedroom to stare out the same window. Which makes the police in this town look even dumber that they completely ignored sending even one car to just watch Michael's house in case he "went home".
At least with Laurie as his sister we got another human being to play the connection out with Michael but now we just have an inanimate object that gives us nothing.
I agree the family connection got stupid when they had Michael obsessing over eradicating anyone with even a drop of Myers blood in them but just the idea of this evil killing machine being obsessed with finishing the job of killing his whole family actually works.
Because with Laurie being his sister removed from the equation they had the opportunity to have Michael steal a car with a full tank of gas and drive to an entirely new town to do his killing instead of the, frankly weak ass fukk, conceit of his old house being the thing that calls to him like he built the place with his bare hands or something.
I really didn’t even think about that. Meaning it doesn’t bother me one way or the other. I have two main issues with the flick but that ain’t one of them. That said, I think that in particular is something that comes with the inherent issue of planning out three movies. The second is always the bridge and reveals aren’t explained or explored until the third.

That said, taking out the one scene I think is wholly unnecessary would probably lend time to exploring that aspect. But then something else I like, the town treating it like a 1/6 rally, would probably get cut down.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I really didn’t even think about that. Meaning it doesn’t bother me one way or the other. I have two main issues with the flick but that ain’t one of them. That said, I think that in particular is something that comes with the inherent issue of planning out three movies. The second is always the bridge and reveals aren’t explained or explored until the third.

That said, taking out the one scene I think is wholly unnecessary would probably lend time to exploring that aspect. But then something else I like, the town treating it like a 1/6 rally, would probably get cut down.
The whole mistaken identity Trump rally with the mental patient seemed endless.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The whole mistaken identity Trump rally with the mental patient seemed endless.
Yup that’s the scene. I felt the movie made its point without that. Maybe that’s just me but I got it. I think it was there already and throwing that in was overkill and putting a hat on a hat

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
I wonder why Michael kept sparing Allison, like he knocked the shotgun out her hand and bashed her head into the banister post but just stopped after thinking she was knocked out....when she was taunting him instead of directly going to her he made sure to confirm kill her boyfriend and then when he had the knife to her chest...he hesitated again, its not like she was overpowering him even if she was just stalling. Even in the first one when he killed his doctor, when she was stuck in the car...he pretty much let her run free. And Karen is a fukking idiot that pitch fork should've been stabbed in the back of his head for them few seconds he was hurting.

I do like they showed he has a high threshold for pain but he's not necessarily invulnerable, I noticed during the mob beat down he bandaged his fingers that Laurie shotgunned off in the last movie.

wildest part is all of this shyt is taking place in one night from the last movie til this one

plot armor

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation

When @2:45 kicked in.:wow:

This track and the scene that accompanies it was one of the biggest highlights of the film to me. Carpenter and Co. were in their bag with the score.

Little Lindsey from 1978 ends up with what I felt was the best chase down, puts up the best fight against The Shape, and ends up surviving the whole ordeal. I hope we see more of her. Michael stalking down his prey is the creepiest, most unsettling shyt ever.

That score is sinister and dark, reminiscent of
Axll..axllllll…axxxxllllllll beatttsss
1:29:02 -1:30:20

Y5OQC2.gif

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Yo when the black lady somehow forgot to unlock a door and Mike was literally just staring at her from 30ft away :deadmanny:
Did you notice the hearse sitting in front of the house - it was a quick camera pan. The old IR couple must have worked at a mortuary. The irony.
:mjlol::deadmanny:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:picard: at t he end when he mike makes work of them folks

:heh: sneaking in the phrase Curse of Michael Meyers.

not much laurie in it, but I'm assuming she'll be the focus in Halloween Ends.
been a long ass time since I seen OG Halloween, were some of those really scenes from the first film? they look too clean/modern to be.

glad cameron got, got...annoying fukk
They used scenes from the 1978 original in flashback sequences and Also Recreated or “re-imaged” scenes from the ‘78 version - that’s why those sequences look updated. Like the scene with Dr. Loomis running into the house and Lonnie as a young child falling in the ground- also the police chase scene in the beginning.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lol at people complaining about the police officers/Sherrifs and firefighters being murked in this movie, on social media.

Like they can “cancel” this. They’ve been dying in horror movies since forever.

The firefighter scene in HK used ideas from The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2003 “failure to properly secure the crime scene”
:50

and Leatherface v The Sherrif

Rule #2 in horror movies- anyone carrying a gun and badge or wearing a uniform; 95% chance you’re going to die. Brutally. Sensitive twitter trying to censor over 40+ years of horror movies bc policemen/firefighters are killed, like a manic immortal serial killer gives a fuk- he traumatizes everyone.
:deadmanny::bryan:

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Lol at people complaining about the police officers/Sherrifs and firefighters being murked in this movie, on social media.

Like they can “cancel” this. They’ve been dying in horror movies since forever.

:what: exactly.

these serial killers give no fukks and been killin everyone