Halloween Kills & Halloween Ends Official Thread Sometime In the Future

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I was probably too hyped for this movie which made my expectations too high but with that said I pretty disappointed.

The kills were plentiful and very well done in their brutality but for the most part none of the victims mattered and this movie veered into Freddy Krueger territory where you would find yourself rooting for Michael to kill as many of the awful citizens of Haddonfield as possible.

Also the decision to sideline Jamie Lee Curtis' Laurie in favor of a wild-eyed Anthony Michael Hall (behaving like a conservative anti-mask mandate parent at a school board meeting) and Laurie's granddaughter taking the lead on facing down Michael was a colossal mistake.

Judy Greer did more than her fair share of the emotional heavy lifting in this movie in the (frankly unnecessary and way too long) scenes where the townsfolk took out their pitchforks against the wrong person and then at the end of the film where she finally embraced her mother's mantle as the person to take down Michael. But instead of having a triumphant new Final Girl (or Final Mom) moment, the movie starts intimating at the supernatural origin aspect of Michael Myers that helped make the original movie series go completely off the rails and then we get an incredibly dumbass "shock" ending where Michael not only slips unseen into a house crawling with police but kills a screaming woman with seemingly no one noticing.

Halloween was a disappointing mess that had more of the Rob Zombie Halloween films DNA in it than what David Gordon Green gave us in his first film. And being similar in any way to Zombie's Halloween movies is a not a good thing at all.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I remember she got hurt during the 2018 filming but this would be news to me.

@MartyMcFly @Nicole0416_646NYC @Jello Biafra @morris Y’all heard anything on this possibly?
I don't think Curtis having an injury was why Laurie got sidelined; I think this movie was always intended to set up the Halloween Ends final confrontation between Michael and Laurie with the stakes being elevated by having Michael take one of Laurie's family from her.
I honestly expected Judy Greer's Karen to die in the first movie so I spent the entirety of Kills waiting for Michael to murk her.
So they needed Laurie out of the way for this one while her daughter and granddaughter took on the "Almost Final Girl" roles to set up the third movie.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
That look Karen gives to Cameron :mjlol:

Cameron: “He’s infected your family, he’s infected my family with grief and fear for 40 years. He’s gonna die tonight.”

Karen:
russell-westbrook-whose-mans-is-this.gif

I don't think Curtis having an injury was why Laurie got sidelined; I think this movie was always intended to set up the Halloween Ends final confrontation between Michael and Laurie with the stakes being elevated by having Michael take one of Laurie's family from her.
I honestly expected Judy Greer's Karen to die in the first movie so I spent the entirety of Kills waiting for Michael to murk her.
So they needed Laurie out of the way for this one while her daughter and granddaughter took on the "Almost Final Girl" roles to set up the third movie.
Yeah I’m pretty okay with it. Jamie has had her shine in these films for a while now and should get even more in Ends. I like how Haddonfield was its own character in this. Everyone all up in arms and hysteria while Michael is just playing with his toys. Hilarious.

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
That look Karen gives to Cameron :mjlol:

Cameron: “He’s infected your family, he’s infected my family with grief and fear for 40 years. He’s gonna die tonight.”

Karen:
russell-westbrook-whose-mans-is-this.gif

Yeah I’m pretty okay with it. Jamie has had her shine in these films for a while now and should get even more in Ends. I like how Haddonfield was its own character in this.
That’s definitely something I liked. Taking the idea from Halloween 4 and expanding on it while reflecting us. I didn’t mind her getting sidelined either. Especially since this movie was about dispelling the idea that Michael gives a fukk about her :russ: that nikka don’t care about you, woman!

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Watch out for spoilers in thecoli thread breh @b. woods But Tigerdroppings movie board started early

P.S. I sat next to an openly racist couple who talked all movie and were mumbling the entire time that Michael needed to hurry up and kill all the white people…..
Iconbanghead.gif

2nd damn post

Get up and sit right behind them. Get out your phone and play some Johnny rebel or vintage David Allen Coe right in their ears. Have your fist ready to go when the male stupidly turns around and lunges at you, not realizing that you now have the high ground.

And always use cash when buying a movie ticket nowadays, no paper trail when your actions are investigated.
Thoughts on Halloween Kills | TigerDroppings.com
:mjtf:

Just when I thought well maybe they went over the top with the Tommy character it turns out...nah. They didnt.

Last edited:

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
Jaime Lee Curtis was awful in this movie. Her screaming in the hospital scene was cringworthy "get him tommy!"

How did she think Tommy Doyle was going to handle Michael Myers?

:gucci: