Half of black Millennials make less than 15k a year.

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
That's another thing I wondered too. For people who do get degrees in stem, but have lower gpas, why would they get hired over someone with a higher gpa?

Is there any point in doing stem if you are barely passing ?

Why would anyone hire someone who barely passed over someone with a 3.0 and above ?
the school matters. a low passing grade from MIT is probably going to open some low to mid level doors just off general principle.

Gizza

Can’t find a job, YOU can rap at least
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norcal
For the non believers lets discuss. In CA minimum wage is $11/hr, In n out for example starts at $12 or $12.50/hr for years. I always said “I never seen a breh workin at one” and be confused.

Long story short INO,BWW,Olive Garden etc same thing. Those places stay jumping & those are “above average” restaurants. It gets sinister once you look at a Kaiser, Western Dental etc. :prayfrancis:

CACS ain’t playin no more, young brehs who lurk WAKE UP!!!! Learn a trade,move outta state or the middle of nowhere with relatives. Get a job then once you’re in the door. Apply in your field!!!! Bounce around so you have notches in your resume, until you get in your field.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Black Americans are the most delusional group on Earth. Our women feel they deserve the spoils that CAC men provide their wives, yet we're worth a fraction of what their worth.

We're just a stunting / flossing / fronting people. We're broke is fukk. We imitate success, but we don't have much. Don't own and land or office bldgs.

We really need to get real. When you think everything is gravy you don't try and fix anything.

Facts.....I mean, bad enough we make so little, it's just the habits of flossing and staying artifically sharp on a day to day period will never generate generational wealthm

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
Agree. We have mastered the art of creating the illusion of success. Its a little ironic how there is an aspect of our culture that puts so emphasis on hustling, "getting money" and conspicuous consumption and yet, we are the most unwealthiest and vulnerable group of people in this country. We're only fooling ourselves with that nonsense.

Its not how much you spend, its how much YOU KEEP. Some people just think that it is all about stunting and tricking on IG while being in active live parties with ballers on the regular.

KingJudah2

All Star
Daps
Reppin
718 Kings County
Education reform, free higher education, affordable LIVEABLE mixed income housing, paid maternity and paternity leave, consumer and environmental protections are the only things that can really even the playing field.

We are capitalist, we will ALWAYS have poor people.

The only thing we can do it improve the quality of life for the poorest people.

The studies have already shown how difficult it is to climb out of the poverty hole. The focus cannot be on ending poverty, as this is a function not a flaw in the system of capitalism, but by demanding that the rich (corporations) subsidize the lifestyles of the poor (who are poor because they must cheapen their labor in order to enrich others). Racism, misogyny, and the isms are an inherent part of a competitive system where someone must be at the bottom. The way I see it is that it is the poor peoples obligation to demand as much as possible from the oligarchs.

Education reform is crucial because rich people can "afford" the better schools while those in poverty are given the worst education.

While the college attendance rates are higher than ever, it is useless if the foundational prek to high school education was subpar. The graduation rates tell the real story.

Paid leave will assist all families in preserving the family unit, as fear of inability to provide is the biggest cause of marital discord.

If our country is so wealthy there is no reason for people to live on the streets or for poor people to be isolated in high crime neighborhoods.

lol. LOL you in wonderland my brotha

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
BLACK MEN not making any money. Crackas don't want strong men in they midst. Staffing centers full of Big nikkas who some is felons that no white people gonna hire under any circumstances. You think they hiring 6'5" 260 lbdarkskin Rashan who went up north for armed robbery? Got a scar on his neck? Lot of brothas out there just like that.

No white collar job gonna pay, much less hire, a bunch of heterosexual black men who are muscular and talk with a bass in their voices

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
I haven’t made money like that in almost 20 years. It’s just crazy because I moved to work in Charlotte because the money was way better than where I was working,. I see and hear about job postings around here and stay doing the :picard: Companies straight trying to turn shyt into sugar with these great sounding job postings masking how much they’re paying.

Come work for our amazing company with astounding perks. $10 an hour:picard:

How the hell are you supposed to live off 10 an hour in Charlotte?? If it’s bad here I can’t imagine how it is in the bigger cities.

Other countries, they would have had a revolution by now. Amerca too soft when confronting greed and liars that are in the education system.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
The consequences of a free market.

Folks who got in real early control the mass majority of the wealth and put barriers on everybody else/their competition.

That said, because the population keeps growing, this was inevitable. More people and less resources.

Even professions like lawyers are currently making $60k and having a difficult time to keep up.

Like right now the tech industry is where to make incredible money compared to the rest of the other fields, but soon that will be overcrowded.

Bottom line, the best thing to do is save your money in a society that is always fluctuating.

I keep on,saying is that overpopulation will lower the quality of life.

Wink Beaufield

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Southeast DC
No white collar job gonna pay, much less hire, a bunch of heterosexual black men who are muscular and talk with a bass in their voices
You ever walk into an interview and peep the interviewers and be like :francis: I know I aint getting this one?

Walked in and it was two Asian women and a white chick doing one of my interviews last year.:francis:

Got promoted eventually, but still.

Gee Mello

Pro
Daps
Hmm...so the Cost of living Math...If we were to be living in say...NYC. $50k can easily mirror a $15K lifestyle in FL/MD