Half of black Millennials make less than 15k a year.

shagnificent belafonte

I am he who lurks...
Daps
Reppin
Awesomeness
Sad shyt, and it’s only going to get worse.

It’s time.
Time for a stimulus package of sort for AA’s here in this country. Whites were granted the New Deal by the government during the Great Depression that elevated many of them into middle class standing, and its a whole lot easier for future generations starting out in a middle class home than poverty.

I’ll never count us out, as we’re a survivor group; we were sold, captured and brought to the belly of the beast as far as WS goes. Every obstacle here in the states put in front of us, we have conquered or made the best of the situation. We’ll do the same for this, but we need help.

I feel you breh, but we dont need help...we just need to stop studying the cards and pay attention to what the dealer is doing....the majority of shyt that occupies our attention is distractions, slight of hand to keep us from seeing what the dealer is doing....now talk amongst yourselves...I'm faded....(hot sake on deck, I've said too much already)

AtomicUse

Superstar
Daps
Ok you keep your HS Diploma. I'll keep my MBA. Let's see who makes more salary. If you don't have any kind of education in the US, you're going to working shyt jobs and not making anything. Only jobs without a degree that make decent salaries, is if you get a city job or you are in sales or you own a business.

The people with degrees not making money are the ones that majored in dumb shyt not needed in the job market.
It doesn't matter what other variables you put into that equation, once you add education the income goes up.

How do people even argue against it. If you get a Chemical engineering degree, that's an automatic $50k, and that's even if you get lowballed as a black man.

Major in something where you will earn money. The minds of our youth have been polluted and they do not value education en masse. If they did, they'd be dangerous. They just want to replicate what's on tv and in music.
Im not even sure how to process this. I hate to be one of those people, but living on 15k sounds impossible. Like how?
Because they're in college with a part time job and live in a dorm or at home with your parents, since they included people aged 18-22, who don't earn full time income in the data.

If they took that age range out and made it the age 25+, that $15k number would go up a lot.

Doctor Wily

CapcomSwag
Daps
Depends on your city you can go 50 to 70k locally here in Chicago for class A :ehh:
Entry level my man.

They were offering me bullshyt jobs for my CDL B & eventually A when I got it back then in 2013.

As always if you have connects you'll easily see that 50k to 70k per year with a CDL A.

I mean shyt theres school bus districts that pay 21.50-$ 27 an hour in Nassau County new york to drive with a clean license so the money even with a B license is out there.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Hmm, didn’t click the link but did they break this out a bit more by age. Millennials are like 36/38 on the old end and 20/21 on the young end. I could see how underemployed and early career numbers of 20-something’s drags the average down for an already poorly compensated demographic (black people). But 50% under 15k, yikes

Doctor Wily

CapcomSwag
Daps
It doesn't matter what other variables you put into that equation, once you add education the income goes up.

How do people even argue against it. If you get a Chemical engineering degree, that's an automatic $50k, and that's even if you get lowballed as a black man.

Major in something where you will earn money. The minds of our youth have been polluted and they do not value education en masse. If they did, they'd be dangerous. They just want to replicate what's on tv and in music.

Because they're in college with a part time job and live in a dorm or at home with your parents, since they included people aged 18-22, who don't earn full time income in the data.

If they took that age range out and made it the age 25+, that $15k number would go up a lot.
Now a days that's almost an automatic.

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County

Only retarded people say education is a waste. You're right the bold is one of the major problems of why the black youth making 15k a year. The little money they get they spend it on dumb shyt like clothes and shoes. You can't live with your parents forever. If not they live in the hood. It's just a fukked up cycle, you want to blame the white man. Yeah his punk ass take a good portion of the blame, but you got a lot of black youth just not even trying.

Larry Lambo

Superstar
Daps
24etcm8.jpg

Dude needs go f**k himself, spreading propaganda like this. I'm not saying we are where we need to be, but to imply that we are worse off than we were 70-80 years ago is absolutely asinine.

prime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The heights
Entry level my man.

They were offering me bullshyt jobs for my CDL B & eventually A when I got it back then in 2013.

As always if you have connects you'll easily see that 50k to 70k per year with a CDL A.

I mean shyt theres school bus districts that pay 21.50-$ 27 an hour in Nassau County new york to drive with a clean license so the money even with a B license is out there.
Things changed since we first got our Ls fedex,XPO,UPS and other companies now they train and starting new drivers off at 24 to 29 a hour for local drivers so now the I don’t wanna go over the road excuse is over these companies are now training since there is a
Truck driver shortage

Last edited:

Doctor Wily

CapcomSwag
Daps
Things changed since we first got our Ls fedex,XPO,UPS and other companies now they train and starting new drivers off at 24 to 29 a hour for local drivers so now the I don’t wanna go over the road excuse is over these companies are now training since there is a job shortage
That's excellent , cause that's what made me go with my current career after spending damn near 2500 (including tipping my instructor a $170 dollar bottle of liquor) for my CDL A. I'm glad the industry has wised up.

:My New York/Tri-state area brehs: workforceone is will give you a voucher to get your CDL-B take advantage of it , it's always good to have.:

Workforce1 - About Workforce1