Half of black Millennials make less than 15k a year.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
It shouldn't be if you knew Aados history over the last 400 years.

It actually makes sense that we're at this point

I agree, but all this time though and we are still a second class society as a people?

Mr. Glass

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I am online a lot. Have you ever tried playing with a how much home you can afford calculator? Can you imagine the mortgage you can afford when you make $15K?

All joking aside: where does a person who makes $15k live? How much is their rent?

But Jeff Bezos has $160 Billion though.

They live together. Roommates.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
I doubt this stat. Need to see what age the author if the article includes in the mellenial designation and more about the samppe used

Doctor Wily

CapcomSwag
Daps
I don’t know if I believe this :patrice:If true niqqas need to join CDLGang or learn a trade hell I was a forklift driver and I made 32,0000 a year
A cdl B (low end ) should easily get you over 30k a year.

A CDL A 40-50k but you're always on the road to make the real money.

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
The thing is that even the suburbs is low key bad and set to get worse. I'm from the hood but live in the burbs and I where I live, it has all the makings of the hood. :picard: White people slowing getting replaced by black people as the majority for the whole town, bad unreliable public transportation that leads to geographic isolation, blacks concentrated in old ass public housing built in the 70's near dying commercial strip malls where the only businesses left are a liquor store, a nail shop or a seedy dive bar where only blacks congregate. The suburbs are going to be the new hoods when gentrification takes over hoods in the Bay Area, DC, NYC, LA etc. And it's already happened. History repeats itself.

But younger black folks in their teens and early 20's are more likely to work now... at McDonald's while their older brothers and sisters bust their ass for $10-15 an hour in a warehouse/ manual labor job only to get fired by shady ass management who hire and fire everybody in town or burn out and quit and make that grand total of $15K for the year. :martin:
and it will be worse this time because when the poor are out in the burbs they are out of sight and out of mind.

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
Probably mostly retail/customer service we are way way Over represented in those fields and they are not giving hours nor decent pay
This is true. Not disagreeing at all. But I still say a lot of black parents don't prepare their kids for the real world. Simple things like how to act on interview, negotiating salaries, researching positions and figuring out how you can stand out. My parents did that with me. shyt really is no excuse right now because you have the internet. Even if you don't do the school route, you should see what your kids are really good at and help them develop their skills.

If you are black you damn sure have to job hop to get better pay. I've worked in corporate for years and the promotion of blacks is :scust:. 99% of people don't see the payroll. White salaries no matter what level they are on are dramatically higher. If a black man is making 50k, a white man is making 80k. Dead ass serious when I'm speaking about pay differences.

I would stay a few years learn my position and do things out side of my job description to learn and make myself more marketable. That's the only reason why I got a higher salary.

KingJudah2

All Star
Daps
Reppin
718 Kings County
If you add college into the equation, the income for all groups rises substantially.

Education is still statistically the best way to a better life.

You must be 70 years old. The value of a degree has never been less. This is currently the most educated population in the country's history. Education has never meant less.

Doctor Wily

CapcomSwag
Daps
1998-2010 I averaged 33,000 a year
2011 (took city test)
2010-2012 unemployed
2012 (may-dec) brought in 8,000k
2013- 12k
2014- 13k
2015 -30k (hired by city job)
2016- 71k
2017- 82k
2018 so far from my last paycheck im at 87k. (I'm cracking 100k before the end of the fiscal year).

Sometimes it takes a while before you get financially stable... Took me years of working bullshyt jobs into my 30's.

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps
Black women gonna read that and still be like

tenor.gif
go get some p*ssy. i know it can be a little frustrating being a virgin your whole life but bashing black women won't get you any