Half of black Millennials make less than 15k a year.

AtomicUse

Superstar
Daps
You must be 70 years old. The value of a degree has never been less. This is currently the most educated population in the country's history. Education has never meant less.
@The Wave how many black men with college degrees in marketable fields are drastically underemployed?

If you get a degree in Engineering, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or Medicine, even if you're black, you're not going to be stuck making less than 15k.

There's different ways to chop up that data to de sensationalize it by race, and moreso toward dollars:

"75% of millennial white women with bachelor degrees earn less than $50k"

"73% of millennial black men with bachelor degrees earn less than $50k"

"46% of gen x black men wih bachelor degrees earn less than $50k"

"60% of millennial white men wih bachelor degrees earn less than $50k"

You could just as easily make the headline: "Most young people, are broke."

"96% of millennial black women with bachelor degrees earn less than $50k." No way to spin, this one is sad. :sad:

DatNkkaCutty

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
@ PA
But then....every so often I see c00ns on here posting these conservative-sponsored articles with shyt like..."the unemployment rate for AAs is the lowest its ever been"...:gladbron:"employment rates are up for young AA millennials...etc." :coffee:

Cacs are just re-adjusting the game-plan for some of you naive negroes. The goal is to have AAs in a blind servitude making peanuts and killing ourselves...while our white counterparts gain all the wealth and actually realize the "American Dream". Walk in most warehouse facilities around the country and peep the floors....:mjpls:

POC breaking their backs while their white counterparts fill all the office positions and make money hand over fist for "created out of thin air" jobs...:mjpls:

It's only gonna get uglier....:sas1:

Last edited:

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
@The Wave how many black men with college degrees in marketable fields are drastically underemployed?

If you get a degree in Engineering, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or Medicine, even if you're black, you're not going to be stuck making less than 15k.

There's different ways to chop up that data to de sensationalize it by race, and moreso toward dollars:

"75% of millennial white women with bachelor degrees earn less than $50k"

"73% of millennial black men with bachelor degrees earn less than $50k"

"46% of gen x black men wih bachelor degrees earn less than $50k"

"60% of millennial white men wih bachelor degrees earn less than $50k"

You could just as easily make the headline: "Most young people, are broke."

"96% of millennial black women with bachelor degrees earn less than $50k." No way to spin, this one is sad. :sad:

Liberal Arts degrees are useless if we keeping it 100

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Black women gonna read that and still be like

tenor.gif

This gif in this context has me hollering

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
You must be 70 years old. The value of a degree has never been less. This is currently the most educated population in the country's history. Education has never meant less.
Ok you keep your HS Diploma. I'll keep my MBA. Let's see who makes more salary. If you don't have any kind of education in the US, you're going to working shyt jobs and not making anything. Only jobs without a degree that make decent salaries, is if you get a city job or you are in sales or you own a business.

The people with degrees not making money are the ones that majored in dumb shyt not needed in the job market.

TrebleMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
The consequences of a free market.

Folks who got in real early control the mass majority of the wealth and put barriers on everybody else/their competition.

That said, because the population keeps growing, this was inevitable. More people and less resources.

Even professions like lawyers are currently making $60k and having a difficult time to keep up.

Like right now the tech industry is where to make incredible money compared to the rest of the other fields, but soon that will be overcrowded.

Bottom line, the best thing to do is save your money in a society that is always fluctuating.

Last edited:

deeznutz93

AADOS
Daps
The consequences of a free market.

Folks who got in real early control the mass majority of the wealth and put barriers on everybody else/their competition.

That said, because the population keeps growing, this was inevitable. More people and less resources.

Even professions like lawyers are currently making $60k and having a difficult time to keep up.

Like right now the tech industry is where to make incredible money compared to the rest of the other fields, but soon that will be overcrowded.

Bottom line, the best thing to do is save your money in a society that is always fluctuating.

The consequence of chattel slavery, Jim crow, War on drugs, Mass Incarceration etc.

shagnificent belafonte

I am he who lurks...
Daps
Reppin
Awesomeness
I know most black people live in the south, but the whole south isn't struggling. 15k isn't even a livable wage. Maybe it's all the unemployed people or those incarcerated bringing the numbers down?

Shiiit..in the rural south cats is making $7 to $8 a hour working full time...chicken factories are slavehouses...backbreaking manual labor, trust me

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
The thing is that even the suburbs is low key bad and set to get worse. I'm from the hood but live in the burbs and I where I live, it has all the makings of the hood. :picard: White people slowing getting replaced by black people as the majority for the whole town, bad unreliable public transportation that leads to geographic isolation, blacks concentrated in old ass public housing built in the 70's near dying commercial strip malls where the only businesses left are a liquor store, a nail shop or a seedy dive bar where only blacks congregate. The suburbs are going to be the new hoods when gentrification takes over hoods in the Bay Area, DC, NYC, LA etc. And it's already happened. History repeats itself.

But younger black folks in their teens and early 20's are more likely to work now... at McDonald's while their older brothers and sisters bust their ass for $10-15 an hour in a warehouse/ manual labor job only to get fired by shady ass management who hire and fire everybody in town or burn out and quit and make that grand total of $15K for the year. :martin:

I grew up in Philadelphia literally on the county line. Cheltenham was right across the street. To make a long story short: cheltenham is not the same cheltenham I knew as a kid. The cheltenham high school that the Israeli prime minister went to is not the cheltenham high school that exists today. And that’s by design.

shagnificent belafonte

I am he who lurks...
Daps
Reppin
Awesomeness
Drive trucks brehs...u can get your cdl in 8 weeks....after a year of experience (if you survive :demonic:) you'll be :ahh:

Then, if you really ambitious, you can buy your own truck and drive under your own authority and go to the oil field in west Texas and bring in at a minimum 8k a week :banderas:

Fun fact: the oilfields in America are only booming when we have a Republican president in office.....:lupe:

Rep me for dropping free game....