Haitian color caste system

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Are you arguing that there is racism or that Black ppl run Haiti?
Saying government officials who run the country are 90% black. But there are other influential people who arent black

I'm curious what the Haitian government is doing wrong as well..I often hear ppl say to hold them accountable but I don't know what they've done or haven't done for their ppl..
You can only do so much when you have limited resources and funds.

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
Saying government officials who run the country are 90% black. But there are other influential people who arent black

I have learned that a country that does not detain its own economy and must rely on foreigners is not a country that is truly sovereign. Most black leaders are just figure head....there are lot of black figureheads in Africa. It takes more than having a black leader to get a country on the right path.

I_Got_Da_Burna

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well there is a lot of truth to that too, tho.

Some of the sh!t has been our own doing. Haitians tend to elect bad leaders. If you are popular in haiti you can win an election. Doesnt matter if you have zero background in politics or finance or anything. Look at how Martely won. Wyclef would have won too. All uneducated people who probably have no clue on how to run a country. Let alone a country in trouble.

But ive been inpressed with Martelly. It's not really him but his prime minister (Lamothe) was doing a lot of good work.

Also, the Haitian mass are violent and paranoid. They dont think. When Duvalier was overthrown they killed all the makouts which was fine but why destroy the properties? I remember i was little in February 86 when it hapenned. It seems like the whole city was on fire. My parents told us to stay inside and watch TV as they chilled on the balcony watching all the nonsense going on outside in nearby neighborhoods.

yes I absolutely agree with you...the haitian people are very uneducated, and unfortunately democracy doesn't work with an uneducated voting mass.

funny that you bring up Duvalier--there's alot of morons who were treating that dude like royalty when he came back to Haiti. Even martelly was kissing his ass.

Speaking on Martelly and Lamothe--I have mixed emotions on them. On one hand, they are doing a few things to aid the country, but OTOH they are greasing their palms. That whole DR situation is because of those two. They are the ones who sold those Haitians to the DR, so when the Dominican Government informed them that they were sending the Haitians back to Haiti, Martelly/Lamothe stayed silent.

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life

Most euro countries have change their tactics...Instead of controlling a country politically they are controlling economically and influencing it by way of its economy.

There are fundamental basics that a country must uphold to have semi autonomy. Such as;

1) the ability to feed itself ....this is the most important

2) the ability to clothe itself

3) the ability to educate the majority of its population.

4) the ability to house itself.

5) Basic health care and hygiene ( many blacks in third world countries are dying of curable diseases)

6) Stable government (not excessively corrupt and had accounts and balances)

These are rudimentary...I have not gotten to technological advancement or growing economy. The thing with many black coubtries many are unable to take care of the basic foundation of a stable nation so how can to make room for a properous one.

Last edited:

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
yes I absolutely agree with you...the haitian people are very uneducated, and unfortunately democracy doesn't work with an uneducated voting mass.

funny that you bring up Duvalier--there's alot of morons who were treating that dude like royalty when he came back to Haiti. Even martelly was kissing his ass.

Speaking on Martelly and Lamothe--I have mixed emotions on them. On one hand, they are doing a few things to aid the country, but OTOH they are greasing their palms. That whole DR situation is because of those two. They are the ones who sold those Haitians to the DR, so when the Dominican Government informed them that they were sending the Haitians back to Haiti, Martelly/Lamothe stayed silent.
A lot of people who dont know shyt keep repeating this as if it's true. It is not

Unless you have lived in Haiti you will not understant. Haitians that live near the border have always been hired by Dominican or other foreign companies to work sugar-cane fields as cheap labor. This is something that has hapenned for almost a century. Way before Martellu was even born. So STOP repeating dumb sh!t. PLEASE, i beg you.

THe problem is, just as "Mexicans" migrant workers get a LEGAL pass into the U.S. and when their contract is over it's time to go home.. and they wind up staying.

I am fine with Dominicans deporting Haitians who were born in Haiti and stayed there illegally. The U.S.A. does it on a daily basis with all nationalities. BUt the children and grand children of said immigrants are NOT Haitian and therefore dont belong in Haiti

chief_keef_stan

lil' haitian nikka
Daps
Reppin
Boston. on thot ave. with a big booty island gyal
Depends on the area. Remember unlike the other islands Haiti is huge. The Haitian side of the territory alone is 3 times that of Jamaica and Jamaica is considered one of the biggest islands.

If you're trying to buy land near some areas it will cost you an arm and a leg. Jacmel real estate is expensive now and so is Port Salut which is near where my parents are from (Les Cayes area). I' kill to won land near Port-Salut. Just a beautiful area. I want to buy my boy's property in Saint-Louis but the asking price is getting up there. I inherited some land in near Les Cayes (Merçant) and also Cavaillon areas

Then again thats just Southern Haiti. Im sure lands near Plateau Central aren't as bad because they are far away from the water. But good luck with Cap areas since they opened the new Hugo Chavez airport. You may have to donate a first born
My uncle house right next to airport

not a bad airport just there couple months ago either once they fully expand

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Duvalier--there's alot of morons who were treating that dude like royalty when he came back to Haiti. Even martelly was kissing his ass.
SOme people still respect JeanClaude despite the fact that he was a moron.

Francois however was a genius. Just an evil genius. But if you look at what he accomplished you could see how he may have meant well. Just the way he did it was all wrong

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I have supported Haiti throughout the whole DR ordeal. However, I am starting wonder if Haitians are much better than Dominicans when it comes to classify their population according to complexion. The little I read about Haiti and the demographics there does seem to be a caste system that pushes the darker skinned populace to the fringes of society and the lighter ones to a better life. Can Haitians on the coli explain this more?

Young lady go read up on the US occupation of Haiti back in 1915 when they defaulted on their loans. Also read up on Germany meddling in Haiti during that time as well.

That had a lot of doing to develop a caste and color system.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Really wish these fakkit ass cacs would just leave Haiti. Same goes for the Dominicans. Haiti has so much untapped potential but it's always getting fukked over. My dad is a Haitian politician and he told me majority of the officials and government are corrupt lapdogs for France, America, Canada, Dominican Republic and Europe. There needs to be a strong Haitian Nationalist president. Haiti 4 Haitians only.

True but these countries are still making Haiti lay the price for gaining its freedom hundreds of years ago.

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
Young lady go read up on the US occupation of Haiti back in 1915 when they defaulted on their loans. Also read up on Germany meddling in Haiti during that time as well.

That had a lot of doing to develop a caste and color system.

I know the cause of colorism. All I am saying is that Haitians arent saint either on the subject. I am not trying to defend Dominicans but its clear that Haitians have this issue to deal with also.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
No such thing. At least not in the way you're thinking

It's a result of a lot of rich foreigners that migrated to Haiti and essentially became Haitian over decades of the families being there. Other part is some of the black mofos who have money being attracted to and marrying mulattos.

Remember when German, Syrians and others were moving to Haiti by the bunches in the mid 1900's Haitians made it illegal for foreigners to OWN land in Haiti. The purpose of said law was to prevent foreigners from coming and buying up all the property while leaving the locals unable to compete in their own land. We've seen how that worked out in some places. See parts of the Bahamas. See Turks and Caicos islands. See Costa Rica.

To circumvent that law many of these foreigners just married Haitian women. Them being white and middle-eastern, they mostly gravitated to.... the lighter-skinned Haitians and mulattos. Thus why you see many Haitian families with german last names and middle eastern last names like Scutt, Acra, Mayher and also including my own last name.
My dads great grandad moved to Haiti from Bangladesh. Thus why many people see my last name on my resume and think I'm indian... only to see a black man show up like "Sak ap fèt, chef?" :smugbiden:

:ohhh:

I see...

Went to high school with a lightskin hispanic looking jawn ...last name was Jaar and it would always trip me out that she was from Haiti. Come to think of it she said she used to have housekeepers and shyt...I forgot what she said her pops did though. :patrice:

• Dap
Reactions: Meh

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
:ohhh:

I see...

Went to high school with a lightskin hispanic looking jawn ...last name was Jaar and it would always trip me out that she was from Haiti. Come to think of it she said she used to have housekeepers and shyt...I forgot what she said her pops did though. :patrice:
In a poor country anyone can have housekeepers. Random women with no company jobs just become housekeepers. Some full-time. Some part-time. We had 2 housekeepers at our home. My aunt has 3. 1 to cook. One to clean and do laundry. THe yard-boy/man handles anything that the women cant handle.

These are typically poor people who move to the city from the country and they'll take such jobs until they get on their feet and find something else to do.

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
I know the cause of colorism. All I am saying is that Haitians arent saint either on the subject. I am not trying to defend Dominicans but its clear that Haitians have this issue to deal with also.
Your not saying nothing you just repeat the samething about nothing. How about you go and research before you troll

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
You don't even know what she's sayng because she haven't given any detail or anything backing.

Now if you want go there I put proof dr hanging haitians, anti- black behavior, rally in kkkk masks and attire

Also other islands speaking on yall

:francis:other posters confirmed all I need to know