Haitian color caste system

LadySimone

Banned
Daps
I have supported Haiti throughout the whole DR ordeal. However, I am starting wonder if Haitians are much better than Dominicans when it comes to classify their population according to complexion. The little I read about Haiti and the demographics there does seem to be a caste system that pushes the darker skinned populace to the fringes of society and the lighter ones to a better life. Can Haitians on the coli explain this more?

Most Haitians are dark. At least in Port Au Prince when I was there. Yes there is a light skinned elite but it mirrors early American society of promoting lighter skin peoples to prominent positions.

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
Most Haitians are dark. At least in Port Au Prince when I was there. Yes there is a light skinned elite but it mirrors early American society of promoting lighter skin peoples to prominent positions.
Interesting.

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
But you haven't refuted what I said....there is a color caste system in Haiti. Is there not?
NO.

Just a little thing called racism.

See, a lot of mulattos prefer that their kids marry mulattos because they prefer their babies to have white skin, curly haired hazel eyed babies. They would like to keep the family from turning too dark. But trouble is, outside of those foreigners who became haitian over time, most of the ruling class is regular dark-skin black people And we know mulatto girls feel they need to be with powerful men thus they marry these powerful black men.
But in government it's the blacks that rule. Notice the people in power from senate to presidents

200px-Rene_Preval.jpg
topics-aristide-pic-articleInline.jpg
ertha_pascal_trouillot_eerste_vrouwelijke_president_haiti.jpg
picload.asp
50682865.jpg
96685352.JyNBK8Ez.JeanCluadeDuvalierphotodidentit1986.jpg
uewb_04_img0249.jpg
220px-Daniel_fignole_portrait.jpg

Find me the non-blacks that are at the helm :sas2:
Again it's about money. Those that have it vs those who dont. And a lot of those who migrated and came with money were white and middle eastern men from mid 1900s.

And even today they are still migrating. I should know. My own cousin married one of those Syrians. He a cool dude and all but still. And lately there has been an influx of Chinese and Koreans too invading Haiti.

Last edited:

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
NO.

Just a little thing called racism.

See, a lot of mulattos prefer that their kids marry mulattos because they prefer their babies to have white skin, curly haired hazel eyed babies. They would like to keep the family from turning too dark. But trouble is, outside of those foreigners who became haitian over time, most of the ruling class is regular dark-skin black people And we know mulatto girls feel they need to be with powerful men thus they marry these powerful black men.
But in government it's the blacks that rule. Notice the people in power from senate to presidents

200px-Rene_Preval.jpg
topics-aristide-pic-articleInline.jpg
ertha_pascal_trouillot_eerste_vrouwelijke_president_haiti.jpg
picload.asp
50682865.jpg
96685352.JyNBK8Ez.JeanCluadeDuvalierphotodidentit1986.jpg
uewb_04_img0249.jpg
220px-Daniel_fignole_portrait.jpg

Find me the non blacks that are at the helm :sas2:
Again it's about money. Those that have it vs those who dont. And a lot of those who migrated and came with money were white and middle eastern men from mid 1900s.

And even today they are still migrating. I should know. My own cousin married one of those Syrians. He a cool dude and all but still. And lately there has been an influx of Chinese and Koreans too invading Haiti.
Really?

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
All of it. But especially the Chinese/Koreans migrating on Haiti. How does farmland cost in Haiti?
Depends on the area. Remember unlike the other islands Haiti is huge. The Haitian side of the territory alone is 3 times that of Jamaica and Jamaica is considered one of the biggest islands.

If you're trying to buy land near some areas it will cost you an arm and a leg. Jacmel real estate is expensive now and so is Port Salut which is near where my parents are from (Les Cayes area). I' kill to won land near Port-Salut. Just a beautiful area. I want to buy my boy's property in Saint-Louis but the asking price is getting up there. I inherited some land in near Les Cayes (Merçant) and also Cavaillon areas

Then again thats just Southern Haiti. Im sure lands near Plateau Central aren't as bad because they are far away from the water. But good luck with Cap areas since they opened the new Hugo Chavez airport. You may have to donate a first born

• Dap
Reactions: Meh

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Chinese/Koreans migrating on Haiti
If you go to Petion-Ville area you'll see them. Seems like a small group of chinese moved to Haiti and opened a few super-markets.

As for the Koreans these are mostly Nat-Com contractors and employees that have since settled in Haiti.

• Dap

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
But what makes Dominican gov any more demonic than the Haitian gov?
Let me hear what you think Haitian gov is doing wrong and i'll tell you where you are wrong.

But first, where are you from? And are you familiar with migrant worker programs in the U.S.A. and how they work. Because i will base my explanation on that example for you to understand.

• Dap

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
It seems like every supermarket in the Caribbean is Chinese owned :pachaha:
Americans like to sh!t on them but they're just hustling out there in this white-run world. I wish my people (black people) could be like them in that sense but we haven't had the opportunities.
But who am i to hate them, tho? :manny:

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Americans like to sh!t on them but they're just hustling out there in this white-run world. I wish my people (black people) could be like them in that sense but we haven't had the opportunities.
But who am i to hate them, tho? :manny:
True.gotta respect their hustle. I always find it funny when they speak the local language too. I went to a supermarket in PortAuPrince and was like :ohhh::dahell::wtf:when i saw the Arab owner dude speaking Creole