Haitian color caste system

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
True.gotta respect their hustle. I always find it funny when they speak the local language too. I went to a supermarket in PortAuPrince and was like :ohhh::dahell::wtf:when i saw the Arab owner dude speaking Creole
Chinese are all over Costa Rica too. Lol

Kreyol is an easy language to learn. I had a Cuban homeboy who could put most US born Haitian kids to shame with his kreyol. If you already speak French it's even easier because you're just discarding most verb tenses and getting rid of Rs in some words

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
NO.

Just a little thing called racism.

See, a lot of mulattos prefer that their kids marry mulattos because they prefer their babies to have white skin, curly haired hazel eyed babies. They would like to keep the family from turning too dark. But trouble is, outside of those foreigners who became haitian over time, most of the ruling class is regular dark-skin black people And we know mulatto girls feel they need to be with powerful men thus they marry these powerful black men.
But in government it's the blacks that rule. Notice the people in power from senate to presidents

200px-Rene_Preval.jpg
topics-aristide-pic-articleInline.jpg
ertha_pascal_trouillot_eerste_vrouwelijke_president_haiti.jpg
picload.asp
50682865.jpg
96685352.JyNBK8Ez.JeanCluadeDuvalierphotodidentit1986.jpg
uewb_04_img0249.jpg
220px-Daniel_fignole_portrait.jpg

Find me the non-blacks that are at the helm :sas2:
Again it's about money. Those that have it vs those who dont. And a lot of those who migrated and came with money were white and middle eastern men from mid 1900s.

And even today they are still migrating. I should know. My own cousin married one of those Syrians. He a cool dude and all but still. And lately there has been an influx of Chinese and Koreans too invading Haiti.

Are you arguing that there is racism or that Black ppl run Haiti?

Let me hear what you think Haitian gov is doing wrong and i'll tell you where you are wrong.

But first, where are you from? And are you familiar with migrant worker programs in the U.S.A. and how they work. Because i will base my explanation on that example for you to understand.

I'm curious what the Haitian government is doing wrong as well..I often hear ppl say to hold them accountable but I don't know what they've done or haven't done for their ppl..

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
Let me hear what you think Haitian gov is doing wrong and i'll tell you where you are wrong.

But first, where are you from? And are you familiar with migrant worker programs in the U.S.A. and how they work. Because i will base my explanation on that example for you to understand.

What is the Haitian government not working on its economy so that it's citizens don't have to resort to being disrespected in DR or have foreigners make money of the backs of their citizens. I heard rice needs to be imported because Haitians no longer farm. Unexploited arrid land..

Last edited:

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
What is the Haitian government not working on its economy so that it's citizens don't have ro resort to being disrespected in DR or have foreigners make money of the backs of their citizens. I heard rice needs to be imported because Haitians no longer farm. Unexploited arrid land..
You want them to wave the magic wand and improve the economy? :mjlol:
How old are you?
Look, there is a lot of corruption there. Dont get me wrong. But you find me a government on earth that does not have corruption and i'll slit my wrist right now. I have a knife in hand as we speak (eating).

And as far as foreign produce being imported here is how a lot of it started: Back in the mid 1900s Haiti and Cuba were the major EXPORTERS of cofee and meat products (especially pork). Then the Duvalier years came and as Duvalier was kicking more and more foreigners out the country for trying to influence Haitian affairs that not only drove away investors who were discouraged by their own gvts to stay away but also a lot of countries who used to buy our products were convinced or strong-armed into doing business elsewhere. That took away major part or our income as crops layed there unsold and wasted.

When Duvalier (the son) came into power and started doing business with Americans again. A US senator out of TX took samples of a few Haitian pigs that were affected by Asian swine and convinced Duvalier that all the Haitian pigs had to be iradicated completely and repopulated.
http://www2.webster.edu/~corbetre/haiti/misctopic/pigs/gaertner.htm
http://www.multinationalmonitor.org/hyper/issues/1985/12/ebert-porkbarrel.html

Said senator i believe was involved in approving a lot of development loans we needed and wouldnt approve of the loans until this was done. Jean-Claude like a dumb ass went ahead and completely erased the live stock and erased it with IMPORTED pigs from... Texas. This started a cycle of foreign products flooding the country to the point where they were cheaper than local products and local farmers could not make ends meat thus abandoning farm work.

So that is why i ask you where you are from. A lot of people who grew up in America are very educated and know their stuff but majority get their information from CNN and FOX in bits and pieces and think they understand what goes on in other countries

I_Got_Da_Burna

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yo @Intruder v3.0

I could have used you on Sunday.,..I had an argument with my uncle for 2 hours about the Haitian government and the economy, and how foreign entities worked hand in hand with the government to basically destroy the country.

My dad and uncle are two Haitian c00ns mayne...sometimes I gotta put them in place but they do try and gang up on me with that "Haitians are their own worse enemy" bullshyt.

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
Mt
You want them to wave the magic wand and improve the economy? :mjlol:
How old are you?
Look, there is a lot of corruption there. Dont get me wrong. But you find me a government on earth that does not have corruption and i'll slit my wrist right now. I have a knife in hand as we speak (eating).

And as far as foreign produce being imported here is how a lot of it started: Back in the mid 1900s Haiti and Cuba were the major EXPORTERS of cofee and meat products (especially pork). Then the Duvalier years came and as Duvalier was kicking more and more foreigners out the country for trying to influence Haitian affairs that not only drove away investors who were discouraged by their own gvts to stay away but also a lot of countries who used to buy our products were convinced or strong-armed into doing business elsewhere. That took away major part or our income as crops layed there unsold and wasted.

When Duvalier (the son) came into power and started doing business with Americans again. A US senator out of TX took samples of a few Haitian pigs that were affected by Asian swine and convinced Duvalier that all the Haitian pigs had to be iradicated completely and repopulated.
http://www2.webster.edu/~corbetre/haiti/misctopic/pigs/gaertner.htm
http://www.multinationalmonitor.org/hyper/issues/1985/12/ebert-porkbarrel.html

Said senator i believe was involved in approving a lot of development loans we needed and wouldnt approve of the loans until this was done. Jean-Claude like a dumb ass went ahead and completely erased the live stock and erased it with IMPORTED pigs from... Texas. This started a cycle of foreign products flooding the country to the point where they were cheaper than local products and local farmers could not make ends meat thus abandoning farm work.

So that is why i ask you where you are from. A lot of people who grew up in America are very educated and know their stuff but majority get their information from CNN and FOX in bits and pieces and think they understand what goes on in other countries

My source is coming from Haitians themselves, my research and the fact that Haiti mirrors a lot of african countries when it comes to its political/economic landscape.

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Mt

My source is coming from Haitians themselves, my research and the fact that Haiti mirrors a lot of african countries when it comes to its political/economic landscape.
Who did you expect us to mirror? We fought all 4 European powers (France, Spain, Brits and Deutch). We also further angered the spanish by helping Bolivia. So when they shut us out who were we to turn to?
Our foods, our music all mirror Africans. Most Haitian artists come here and are barely recognized but go to Mozambique and Cameroon and have to fend fans off

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
Who did you expect us to mirror? We fought all 4 European powers (France, Spain, Brits and Deutch). We also further angered the spanish by helping Bolivia. So when they shut us out who were we to turn to?
Our foods, our music all mirror Africans. Most Haitian artists come here and are barely recognized but go to Mozambique and Cameroon and have to fend fans off
That's why I an interested in what is going in Haiti or any place that blacks have been displaced to.

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
Oh annd I am african and reside in Canada. There's a big haitian community in Montreal where I grew up for 10 years

• Dap
Reactions: Meh

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Yo @Intruder v3.0

I could have used you on Sunday.,..I had an argument with my uncle for 2 hours about the Haitian government and the economy, and how foreign entities worked hand in hand with the government to basically destroy the country.

My dad and uncle are two Haitian c00ns mayne...sometimes I gotta put them in place but they do try and gang up on me with that "Haitians are their own worse enemy" bullshyt.
Well there is a lot of truth to that too, tho.

Some of the sh!t has been our own doing. Haitians tend to elect bad leaders. If you are popular in haiti you can win an election. Doesnt matter if you have zero background in politics or finance or anything. Look at how Martely won. Wyclef would have won too. All uneducated people who probably have no clue on how to run a country. Let alone a country in trouble.

But ive been inpressed with Martelly. It's not really him but his prime minister (Lamothe) was doing a lot of good work.

Also, the Haitian mass are violent and paranoid. They dont think. When Duvalier was overthrown they killed all the makouts which was fine but why destroy the properties? I remember i was little in February 86 when it hapenned. It seems like the whole city was on fire. My parents told us to stay inside and watch TV as they chilled on the balcony watching all the nonsense going on outside in nearby neighborhoods.

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
Well there is a lot of truth to that too, tho.

Some of the sh!t has been our own doing. Haitians tend to elect bad leaders. If you are popular in haiti you can win an election. Doesnt matter if you have zero background in politics or finance or anything. Look at how Martely won. Wyclef would have won too. All uneducated people who probably have no clue on how to run a country. Let alone a country in trouble.

But ive been inpressed with Martelly. It's not really him but his prime minister (Lamothe) was doing a lot of good work.

Also, the Haitian mass are violent and paranoid. They dont think. When Duvalier was overthrown they killed all the makouts which was fine but why destroy the properties? I remember i was little in February 86 when it hapenned. It seems like the whole city was on fire. My parents told us to stay inside and watch TV as they chilled on the balcony watching all the nonsense going on outside in nearby neighborhoods.
Plus I have a cousin that is half haitian.

• Dap
Reactions: Meh

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Oh annd I am african and reside in Canada. There's a big haitian community in Montreal where I grew up for 10 years
Most of our cuisines have strong aftrican influences.

Foods like what africans call fufu or Placali au Gumbo are common in Haiti. It's just called something different.