Haitian color caste system

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
Nahhh really? :ohhh:
You brought it up, all I am saying its not a fair comparison. Poverty is no joke anywhere....but I am willing to bet you'd rather be poor in the West than poor in a third world country. I know I do...let's not kid ourselves.

Western poverty is nowhere near third world country poverty or corruption.

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
The lighter skinned people that have gotten econimic opportunities has been either
  • Their families were wealthy
  • They married into money

AGAIN, There are very FEW light-skinned people in leadershp positions that arent private enterprises And i already explained how a lot of these wealthy private enterprises got started

Lastly, im not going to deny that some light skinned people may have gotten special treatment froma few individuals just like black americans here be sweating ligh-skinned females and give them opportunities to be seen in music videos. But there is no systematic class imposed on the blacks.
My concern have nothing to do with dating or personal preferences. They are all economical.

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
The lighter skinned people that have gotten econimic opportunities has been either
  • Their families were wealthy
  • They married into money

AGAIN, There are very FEW light-skinned people in leadershp positions that arent private enterprises And i already explained how a lot of these wealthy private enterprises got started

Lastly, im not going to deny that some light skinned people may have gotten special treatment froma few individuals just like black americans here be sweating ligh-skinned females and give them opportunities to be seen in music videos. But there is no systematic class imposed on the blacks.
Every african country has a black 'leader'. How many have actual power....is a different story.

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
lighter skinned/non-black haitians don't need to be president they control haiti's economy. Most blacks are today economic slaves dependent on foreign aid or non-black enterprise because they lack entrepreneurship or the ability to make it prosper.
Well let me tell you about my family for example

My dad's side of the family while having middle-eastern and indian descent are pretty much all darks skin black people
  • My dad (R.I.P) was an entrepreneur and owned his own business. Was the main contractor local for the government in during the years for FADH equipment.
  • His younger brother (R.I.P) was Mayor or the county where they grew up

My moms's family are mostly Mulattos
  • Outside of her half brother who went to school in Germany and became a civil engineer, most of them got into money by marrying into it.
  • My cousin is one of the main examples. At 18 she married into one of the richest familes in the country (black), had two sons and then divorced him. 3 years later she married one of the most respected surgeons (black) in the country. What can I say. Black men love light-skin
  • The black people in my moms family all own their own businesses. Go to Aux-Cayes in Haiti and when you get passed 4-Chemains The biggest market in the town was owned by by a dark-skinned black woman named Yvonne (R.I.P). She was my mothers aunt.

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
My concern have nothing to do with dating or personal preferences. They are all economical.
Yes and these economical concerns of yours you have to analyze WHERE those opportunities came from

Look at the biggest companies in Haiti and the names of their owners?
  • Achra
  • Berhman
  • Flambert
  • Brandht
All foreign whites who moved to Haiti. Most of them married into mulatto families and created their own economic opportunities. This is not gvt sponsored sh!t only giving opportunities to light-skinned. People are people and they will gravitate towards their own sometimes and there isnt much you can do about it

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
Well let me tell you about my family for example

My dad's side of the family while having middle-eastern and indian descent are pretty much all darks skin black people
  • My dad (R.I.P) was an entrepreneur and owned his own business. Was the main contractor local for the government in during the years for FADH equipment.
  • His younger brother (R.I.P) was Mayor or the county where they grew up

My moms's family are mostly Mulattos
  • Outside of her half brother who went to school in Germany and became a civil engineer, most of them got into money by marrying into it.
  • My cousin is one of the main examples. At 18 she married into one of the richest familes in the country (black), had two sons and then divorced him. 3 years later she married one of the most respected surgeons (black) in the country. What can I say. Black men love light-skin
  • The black people in my moms family all own their own businesses. Go to Aux-Cayes in Haiti and when you get passed 4-Chemains The biggest market in the town was owned by by a dark-skinned black woman named Yvonne (R.I.P). She was my mothers aunt.
I am not trying to make it personal...it's great that your family has done well. But how many can eat in Haiti and have access to basics. I am sure that you can admit that you are very fortunate but you do not represent the average Haitian.

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
I am not trying to make it personal...it's great that your family has done well. But how many can eat in Haiti and have access to basics. I am sure that you can admit that you are very fortunate but you do not represent the average Haitian.
This was not me bragging. Im just trying to show you that the perception you're getting from these foolish articles is to be taken with a grain of salt

• Dap
Reactions: Meh

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
Yes and these economical concerns of yours you have to analyze WHERE those opportunities came from

Look at the biggest companies in Haiti and the names of their owners?
  • Achra
  • Berhman
  • Flambert
  • Brandht
All foreign whites who moved to Haiti. Most of them married into mulatto families and created their own economic opportunities. This is not gvt sponsored sh!t only giving opportunities to light-skinned. People are people and they will gravitate towards their own sometimes and there isnt much you can do about it
That's fine....have nothing against private enterprise. So you are calling the rest of haitians lazy or do you think government should provide incentives to spur entrepreneurship you don't think there's a problem where a minority holds economic power of a whole country. Plusbthe minority being of recent foreign ancestry?

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
This was not me bragging. Im just trying to show you that the perception you're getting from these foolish articles is to be taken with a grain of salt

I am not getting any perception...everything you have said actually confirms what ive been thinking. Most Haitians don't have german/Bangladesh/euro ancestry in their family or the connection to private enterprise. That's where the government needs to stel in to create incentives for its population to get put of poverty. What good is it for 1% of a population to have excess of wealth while the rest of the Population can't even afford to eat crap. I didn't light skinned only, I also said non-black.

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
T
That's fine....have nothing against private enterprise. So you are calling the rest of haitians lazy or do you think government should provide incentives to spur entrepreneurship you don't think there's a problem where a minority holds economic power of a whole country. Plusbthe minority being of recent foreign ancestry?
These people came with an advantage and the blacks marrying into these families are maintaining the status quo and not challenging because it's family. Which is understandable...that's where the gov needs to step in. You said it yourself most haitians are uneducated. Why?

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
What's the point to havefought to fight off the French just to end up being enslaved economically by foreigners and whites all over again. Where did the Haitian government/leaders drop the ball?

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
Didn't think you were bragging. Thanks for sharing about your family history.

Last edited:

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
Apparently the colorism divide in Haiti, like most(all) of the west was there from its' beginnings:

The mulatto elite created a constituent assembly to form a government. The elite selected Henri Christophe, a black general, to be president and Alexandre Petion to head the legislature. The selection of Christophe was a case of the elite attempting to support stand-in black leaders who would follow the dictates of the elite. This was called the politique de doublure.

Christophe had no intention of being a puppet president. He raised an army and marched on Port-au-Prince but could not take the city which was commanded by Petion who had the artillery that Christophe lacked. Christophe marched north and captured Cap Haitien. Christophe declared himself King Henry I of Haiti and renamed Cap Haitien Cap Henry. He brought in warriors from Dahoumey in central Africa to serve as his elite guard.

In the south Alexandre Petion was made president-for-life of the Republic of Haiti with the capital at Port-au-Prince.

The competition between blacks and mulattoes for political control in Haiti continued throughout the rest of the 19th century and into the 20th century. The politique de doublure made it complicated to determine exactly who was in control. The two political parties were the National Party, controlled by blacks, and the Liberal Party, controlled by mulattoes of the cities.

here

But on top of that the management of the country has been piss poor.

Even in the link provided earlier by @Intruder v3.0 about the pigs it reads like a sad story of poor government.

The most important thing or movement to create in Haiti is education. The literacy rate there is really low and if it went up to 80-90% maybe the ppl will spark something..:yeshrug: